Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veteran System - Review

Default Re: Veteran System - Review

I get so attached to the vet units - I almost never use them. They're only good for 1 battle anyhow as the casulties they take are permanent unless because of my short time with the game I'm missing some medic retainer or something.

Default Re: Veteran System - Review

i like the new veteran system its fun, engaging etc... but at the same time it is a way different mp then say m2tw. yes i know japan isnt europe yada yada yada, thats not what im getting at. ill try and explain:

in previous mp if you saw a unit you knew its capabilities what it could do everyone recieved the same units, witht his very intricate veteran system the problem arises that certain builsd are almost impossible to beat, where your units are getting decimated by the same unit, and because of the boosts and buffs. its lost some of it strategy and is definetly more arcadey in terms of the speed of the game. now thats not necessarily bad it draws in tons of new gamers makes a winning tactic a quick deathblow, but it also reduces the amount of strategy involved ie:loan spammers(and if you say that its easy to beat your full of it thats why the top players use it because its the easiest and most effective way to win 95% of the time).

but on the other hand i really do like the idea, customization unique abilities its all fun and makes your army feel like your own unlike the previous tw games. i think a good balance would be to reduce the replenishment time for veteran units based on their exp level. a level 1 unit should take 2 'turns' a level 8 maybe 6 or 7. that way veteran units are less common in an army and reduce the amount of 'vet spam' armies that detract from the overall strategy of mp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12