Page 9 of 231 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

I will do an auxillia revamp at some point but not sure when.

I did not think that there would be too much difference between Augustinian Legionaries and Ceasarian ones since this is but a matter of a few decades and except for the introduction of segmented armour, there wasn't any great revamp ala marius reform by Augustus' era.
    *OD*
    Go ahead and post some pics for everyon to study. :

Attached a pic of resent skin adjustments for Ceasarian Legionaries. Perhaps it's better to call them Augustinian Legionaries instead.

They look great. I love them. When they have a plum...

Strange noone noticed my rather embarrassing blunder "Pre-Marian Caesarian legionaries" hehe.
    Anyway those legionaries looks great Ferres. Although may I suggest you get rid of the "pants"? Personally I think the pants looks good on the Imperial legionaries, but not really sweet on the republican or Caesarian/Augustian boys. Other than that they look as sexy as a '67 Mustang Boss 302.

Best regards
    Alpha

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 13 2005, 02:22 AM
    I will do an auxillia revamp at some point but not sure when.

I did not think that there would be too much difference between Augustinian Legionaries and Ceasarian ones since this is but a matter of a few decades and except for the introduction of segmented armour, there wasn't any great revamp ala marius reform by Augustus' era.
    *OD*
    Go ahead and post some pics for everyon to study. :

Attached a pic of resent skin adjustments for Ceasarian Legionaries. Perhaps it's better to call them Augustinian Legionaries instead.
    Salve ferres,

I like to call them Marian/Caesarian/Augustan (or, M/C/A for short)...

Yes, yes, yes... you've got it goin' on.. this is very good stuff... no more jagged edges on the bottom of the Hamata, leather Pteruges from the Subarmalis at the upper arms and lower torso... upper arm extensions on Hamata... good Balteus & Cingulum.. good looking, Coolus style Cassis... clipped Gallic Scutum.. longer Gladius... very nice work..

Omitting the bracae/feminalia (kneepants) is certainly something to consider, but not a killer..

However, I don't see a scabbard for the Gladius on this model.. isn't that going to be included as well?

Vale, Dux of Earl

Hope this attachment thingy works, seems I can only attach one pic at a time? Correct? First time I used this f'ing function ...
    If all goes well you should now see a Caesarian legionary (Note the montefortino helmet, that was widely used by Caesars boys)

And up next is a legionary from Augustus' glory days (With a coolus type helmet)

And here's the warchariot Emperor Hadrian cruised around with to counter the lethal english warchariots as he inspected the mile forts along the wall. The infamous 'LXX Mustangis Bossus CCCII.
    Ps sorry I just couldnt resist ::

ajimenez3's Avatar Ducenarius

Good Illustrations. They add a sense of how they actually looked.

Semper Fi
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them.
    John Bernard Books

Proud Member of the TWC Plebians/Peasants

Originally posted by Alpha_Garou@Jan 13 2005, 01:37 PM
    Hope this attachment thingy works, seems I can only attach one pic at a time? Correct? First time I used this f'ing function ...
    If all goes well you should now see a Caesarian legionary (Note the montefortino helmet, that was widely used by Caesars boys)
    Salve Alpha_Garou,

That is a Classic depiction.. it deserves a nice mahogony frame and a good spot in Military Hall of Fame.. my all-time favourite portrait of the Caesarian miles gregarious..

Postscriptum: I always favored the dark green chariot myself..

Vale, Dux of Earl

Here is another example of the variety of equipment Caesars legions used. His famous Gallic Legions also wore helmets similar to this. The early Gallic helmets. The blacksmiths from Gaul were a clever bunch, as this helm shows. It's very similar to the helmets Gallic nobles used. Could be hard to model?

Thanks for the Unit referrences.:

Except for the cheek guards, that early Gallic looks close to the present version I'm working on. Good compromise.

I temporarily 'alpha' removed the sheath just for testing, it's still there. But if I add a plume it''ll have to go.

I'll probably keep the bracae on. But I'll do some testing. :

Salve ferres,

Yep, your current Cassis is a good compromise.. a blended model..

If it's between keeping the scabbard or the plume.. I vote for the scabbard.. plumes were only for parades anyhow..

Vale, Dux of Earl

The scabbard doesn't take up too much space, if you squeezed the UV's of the plume a bit, I think you could fit it into the empty space left in the UV map and have both.

Originally posted by Trigger@Jan 13 2005, 11:16 PM
    The scabbard doesn't take up too much space, if you squeezed the UV's of the plume a bit, I think you could fit it into the empty space left in the UV map and have both.
    I'll try. But I'm only a novice with this 3d max thing. It's all trial and error with a lot of emphasis on error.
    *OD*

I've tried a version without the bracae but it did not look too good. It looks fine for Greek units but less so for Legionaries. They look like their gonna catch a cold or something.

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 14 2005, 01:42 AM
    I'll try. But I'm only a novice with this 3d max thing. It's all trial and error with a lot of emphasis on error.

Are you kidding!?!

If you are you appear to be quite gifted!

I've just downloaded and installed your MOD...wow.

Excellent readme GODzilla..clear, concise and more importantly...accurate...almost.

The unit_roman_praetorian_guard_senade.tga needs be renamed correctly as:

unit_roman_praetorian_guard_senate.tga

(I also can see Hastati like 'Ghost Plumage' on my early general archer cav...but I will survive&#33
    Other than that...jaw-dropping stuff!!

Are there plans to include the pre-marian reorganisation units?

Again..WOW!!
    -Attalus-
    Fool me once...shame on you
    Fool me twice...prepare to die

Thanks!!!
    It's really cool to know you guys like the stuff done so far.

Ok, here is the Augustinian Legionaries, they'll take up the spot of the early legionaries.

I will be busy with work for a while so the Auxillia revamps will need to wait. I'm still conflicted with pre-marians since they only are available for a short time in the game.

You could check out Webbirds work. He made some excellent Pre-Marian skins.

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 14 2005, 03:54 AM
    I will be busy with work for a while so the Auxillia revamps will need to wait. I'm still conflicted with pre-marians since they only are available for a short time in the game.

You could check out Webbirds work. He made some excellent Pre-Marian skins.
    Oh...alright....if'n you have to work 'an stuff... :wack :smile

Webbirds' stuff IS great...I only find it somewhat fiddly to edit all those cesarae .txt's :smile

The pre-marians are supposed to be near the top of the list for the forthcoming patch...lot's of fixes for 'em 'pparently!

So don't be overly conflicted...somewhere, some CA programmer has seen your work (and a lot of other peoples work&#33 and is busily eating his own liver!!

So sock it to 'em all :

ROMA INVICTUS
    -Attalus-
    Fool me once...shame on you
    Fool me twice...prepare to die

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Originally posted by Attalus+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> (Attalus)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Are you kidding&#33;?&#33;

If you are you appear to be quite gifted&#33;

I&#39;ve just downloaded and installed your MOD...wow.

Excellent readme GODzilla..clear, concise and more importantly...accurate...almost.

Again..WOW&#33;&#33;
    [/b]

Thanks

Originally posted by Attalus+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> (Attalus)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    The unit_roman_praetorian_guard_senade.tga needs be renamed correctly as:

unit_roman_praetorian_guard_senate.tga
    [/b]

Done&#33; Tanks for the hint, never really tried the senate faction .

<!--QuoteBegin-Attalus
    @

(I also can see Hastati like &#39;Ghost Plumage&#39; on my early general archer cav...but I will survive&#33
    Other than that...jaw-dropping stuff&#33;&#33;
    [/quote]

I&#39;ve seen this, too. On the computer of my brother. Something MUST be different, I&#39;ll just compare both descr_model_battle.txt, then I&#39;ll probably see the difference ....

<!--QuoteBegin-Attalus

Are there plans to include the pre-marian reorganisation units?
    [/quote]

ferres said: No. Yeah I know, what a pity :cry
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Hey, GODzilla.
    Thanks for all the help with the pack.