Page 4 of 231 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Legionary cavalry. These guys throw pilums so check the 'read me' file.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

ferres, when you're finished, will you pack them all together and release a complete package? Because as my romans are all skinned with the skins of webbird, I don't want to change them bit by bit. Also, for make the decision easier, you could make a final post (when you're finished) with a screenshot for each skin. I would like to see what I get, before making changes. That would be very nice, thanks in advance .
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

There aren't too many changes from the previous screenshots I posted in this thread. Some early versions are also posted in webbirds thread. So more or less you have an idea of what they look like.

I've had problems before when I send a full pack for downloads so I am forced to do little bits of it at a time. If some one can pack them in one download later that would be fine with me.

I should be finished within the week so I don't think it's too much of a wait. Unfortunately, with the model changes, some of Webbirds skins might not fit too well.

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 6 2005, 01:39 AM
    There aren't too many changes from the previous screenshots I posted in this thread. Some early versions are also posted in webbirds thread. So more or less you have an idea of what they look like.

I've had problems before when I send a full pack for downloads so I am forced to do little bits of it at a time. If some one can pack them in one download later that would be fine with me.

I should be finished within the week so I don't think it's too much of a wait. Unfortunately, with the model changes, some of Webbirds skins might not fit too well.
    Yeah, would be nice if someone could support him (ferres) with a webserver for a complete download package. But....ehrm....is it really so big? In waht format are your textures ( I mean the resolution)? Is gloss included? Webbirds full package was small enough for upload to twc, even with gloss .
    GODzilla(TM)

All in all it would probably weight around 3 megs with models and textures zipped compressed. I'm using standard texture sizes.

Officer textures:

Sorry, no gloss files. I can't seem to get that to work on my system so I don't bother making things I can't test.

Some of Webbirds work focuses on single factions like gauls and Julii. The textures I made includes the other 3 roman factions so it's 4x larger.

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 6 2005, 05:55 AM
    Sorry, no gloss files. I can't seem to get that to work on my system so I don't bother making things I can't test.

Some of Webbirds work focuses on single factions like gauls and Julii. The textures I made includes the other 3 roman factions so it's 4x larger.
    No problem, I will do this myself then . But 3 megs are little, you should be able to upload the whole package to twc with no problems!
    GODzilla(TM)

Well what is the maximum limit ferres can upload the mod? :w00t

Originally posted by GODzilla+Jan 6 2005, 07:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> (GODzilla @ Jan 6 2005, 07:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ferres@Jan 6 2005, 05:55 AM
    Sorry, no gloss files. I can&#39;t seem to get that to work on my system so I don&#39;t bother making things I can&#39;t test.

Some of Webbirds work focuses on single factions like gauls and Julii. The textures I made includes the other 3 roman factions so it&#39;s 4x larger.
    No problem, I will do this myself then . But 3 megs are little, you should be able to upload the whole package to twc with no problems&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Please upload them when you&#39;ve finished them

Arch.

allright it&#39;s already tomorrow, can&#39;t wait for the new early legionaries :

Ok, I&#39;ll upload the legionaries without the pseudo legions from the eastern factions. If you want those eastern legions to work, have the &#39;export_descr_unit.txt&#39; point them to the first_cohorts in the &#39;descr_model_battle.txt&#39; so the shields won&#39;t look goofy.

I think only the guard units are left. I hope to get to them soon.

Personally I think releasing them in batches are better for the moment so we can test which unit may have problems if any. If you install all at the same time and the game ctd&#39;s it&#39;s harder to find which unit caused the problem.

Hey, if anyone wants to gather them up in a single download that would be fine with me. But I have problems uploading large files to twc. It could be related to my location.

Btw, it maybe closer to 4+ megs all in all, sorry.

Some shot of the units.

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 6 2005, 08:36 PM
    I think only the guard units are left. I hope to get to them soon.

Personally I think releasing them in batches are better for the moment so we can test which unit may have problems if any. If you install all at the same time and the game ctd&#39;s it&#39;s harder to find which unit caused the problem.

Hey, if anyone wants to gather them up in a single download that would be fine with me. But I have problems uploading large files to twc. It could be related to my location.

Btw, it maybe closer to 4+ megs all in all, sorry.

Some shot of the units.
    Mhm.......ok *grummel*

Then I pack it all together by myself : But I&#39;m used to solve this ctd-problems, had enough of them. To locate the problem is quite easy. Just start a single player game, choose the antion you&#39;ve modded and take all units of the top-line. When there is an error try the first half of the top line.....and so on .
    GODzilla(TM)

Hello,

I found some errors in the texture of the Legionarys, Centurios and the Signifers.
    Anyway I like your work. When anybody could make gloss files I would love it&#33;

Which units are you talking about when you says gaurds, the general&#39;s gaurds? One other thing, I think you should extend the length of the urban cohorts swords, ike on the praetorians and other legionaries, and give them and the praetorian gaurds sheaths. Other than that I can only ay great job.

Originally posted by mzocker@Jan 7 2005, 12:23 PM
    Hello,

I found some errors in the texture of the Legionarys, Centurios and the Signifers.
    Anyway I like your work. When anybody could make gloss files I would love it&#33;
    A bit of variety. :
    I think Godzilla will do some gloss.

I&#39;ll check on the urban swords. I must&#39;ve forgotten to extend it. They should be just as long as Legionaries. The sheath; all crested/plumed units do not have sheaths because they take up the same texture area.

Maybe I should just remove them from all the units.
    *OD*

Attached below is the Urban_cohort with longer sword:

thanks for the update. When the sprites finally come out, how much modding are we going to have to do? Are you going to go along the same lines as agrippa did with the new folder titled sprites in the data directory and rename a few things in the descr folder? Or are we going to have unpak all those files like you do with so many other mods?

These textures look awesome and when they&#39;re all released in a pack, all I&#39;ll be able to say is ownage&#33;&#33;&#33;

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Hey excellent skins. However could you please fix the lines on your skins (mostly with the shields)

Also at certain angles you can still see the plumes on your auxilia units. Perhaps theres some way to remove those.

And please release a couple skins for the Armenian and Numidian legionaires when you get a chance. Thanks.