Page 2 of 231 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Have forgotten about this old thread.

These are tga files but without the dds extension. The game supports it fine and does not require the dds plug in to open and edit.

so in other words you are saying i can just put them in textures folder without the dds and tga ending and in the decs model thingy i just put for example: someunit.tga just like normal - if so sounds damn good to me

Yup! It works just the same as any other texture.
    DDS versions are better at handling alpha's but I worked on these old files before I got the DDS plug in.

I am working on newer versions with new model cas. Mostly upper tier Roman units. I'll have it out as soon as I'm done with the textures.

sounds good and they look utterly amazing, that white on black looks sharp and with the red plumes on the prets. they are the best soliders in the game

Ok, this is for those who love Agrippa's legionaries and want a complementary Praetorian Unit to stand with them.
    There is only one skin since I did this in a hurry. Your open to change the skins if you like.

Here's what they look like. This is not exactly part of the bigger model/skinning project I'm doing.

I just thought they didn't look too bad. But the unit slots where already filled. I might still use them though.

P.S.
    Yes, I have asked Agrippa for permission.

:smile see this is what im talking about, sweet units like this and actually putting them up for download unlike other ppl around here. Sweet work man keep posting your ideas. :cool

Ok, Here's the newest version for the general's bodyguards.

Battle scenes with the new scipii skins

Scipii praetorians against oval shielded early legionaries.

I gave the Praetorian guard infantry some sleeves for added effect.

The Roman Julii gang.
    :

Those are beautiful!!! *smokin*

One more, the Praetorian Cavalry.
    :p

They look fantastic. When will they come out?

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Wohaaa......fantastic. Seems I have to change all the roman skins again :

I think I missed out, where is the topic of this mod?
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Wow, these look very good!

Arch.

Originally posted by GODzilla@Jan 1 2005, 09:00 AM
    I think I missed out, where is the topic of this mod?
    This mod got started in Webbirds' "Roman skins&shields" thread. It started out as a request back in December for an oval shield for Aggripa's legionaries then it grew to a nearly full faction model and skin mod. That's why there is no official thread about it.

The only things left to skin are the 2 bodyguard types (Mounted Guard archers and Guard Cavaly types)and the light auxillia and the auxillia archers. Plus the officer skins.

There will be a nead to add 4 new units in the model_battle txt. Mainly the 2 first_cohort legionaries and the 2 General's bodyguard units.

Virtually all units are variations of Aggripa's Legion which I modded with permission of course. :

I could trickle out some of the units next week as soon as I gather my thoughts.

But I liked the former purple color...

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 1 2005, 10:42 PM
    This mod got started in Webbirds' "Roman skins&shields" thread. It started out as a request back in December for an oval shield for Aggripa's legionaries then it grew to a nearly full faction model and skin mod. That's why there is no official thread about it.

The only things left to skin are the 2 bodyguard types (Mounted Guard archers and Guard Cavaly types)and the light auxillia and the auxillia archers. Plus the officer skins.

There will be a nead to add 4 new units in the model_battle txt. Mainly the 2 first_cohort legionaries and the 2 General's bodyguard units.

Virtually all units are variations of Aggripa's Legion which I modded with permission of course. :

I could trickle out some of the units next week as soon as I gather my thoughts.
    So you actually did make a new skin for every unit of the romans (of course only those where it makes sense)? Julii, Scipii and Brutii? Or just the units I spottet in your screenshots --> early legionary cohort, legionary cohort, preatorian cohort, urban cohort and all mounted elite?

Apart of that question: Great work. I don't want to belittle the work of others, but your skins are just the best I've seen so far, both in style and quality (textures)!

PS: Maybe you should start a new topic ore rename this topic, so your mod will get more attention. It deserves more attention!!
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Foederatus

Amazing work ferres. Thanks to you and Agrippa for getting some amazing units out.

One request though.. could someone please list the steps needed to insert one unit into the game? Once I know how to do one, it will be easy to do the rest.

Thanks again!