Page 10 of 231 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Originally posted by Attalus@Jan 14 2005, 05:27 AM
    The pre-marians are supposed to be near the top of the list for the forthcoming patch...lot's of fixes for 'em 'pparently!
    That sounds interesting. I hope they also do something with the incomplete units scattered all over the model_unit folder.

Sucks to open a file and see only skeletons or missing pieces. They should also fix those Gaulish ctd armies that appear in veryhard campaigns.

Salve ferres,

The Augustinians.. look good, work great, nuff said... my compliments and thanks..

Just a few wonderments of very minor distraction:

I wonder if the Imperial flange at the back of the Augstinian cheek gaurds can be removed... so that the cheek gaurds are a bit more flatish. it would certainly look 'Coolus' if it did..

I wonder why Agrippa's scabbard on the Imperials seems to 'glow' more than your scabbard on the Augustinians?

I wonder why the Gladius hilt doesn't appear in the Scabbard when the Legionaries bring up their pila?

Again, thanks for drafting and publishing this much needed Legionary mod..

Vale, Dux of Earl

:smile

:

The Augustinians look tremendous Ferres!! I'm playing Rome with a vengeance at the moment (who cares about the bugs!..it just looks great&#33

I think 'ol Cap'n Fishpants posted something about the patch (sometime ago, mind you) over at the .Org about the Marius event, Triarii and some other stuff...

I agree though, some of those fragmented and partially complete files makes you wonder...

There was a dream that was Rome...so fragile, that you could just whisper it and it was gone...just like the descr_model_battle.txt :p

Gaulish ctd armies?....you let them form...armies!?! :w00t:

But they are mad!...and hairy beyong reason! :devil
    -Attalus-
    Fool me once...shame on you
    Fool me twice...prepare to die

Double post... :blush
    -Attalus-

looks to much like carthage units should put colors in

Lol! Do they really look Carthaginian?

Originally posted by Attalus@Jan 14 2005, 09:36 PM

Gaulish ctd armies?....you let them form...armies!?! :w00t:
    Actually, any Gaulish army with more than one family member. In Very Hard play they'll ctd during loading 3d battles. So you're forced to auto-resolve.
    :cry
    When CA fixes the pre-marian game, then I'll seriously consider modding them again. *OD*

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 15 2005, 02:38 AM
    Lol! Do they really look Carthaginian?
    Haw haw..

Man...they are GOOD.

I have them...but I still like the thumbnail!!

Awesome.

Pre-Marians...oh well.

Still...the Carthaginians vanilla units DO look a bit shabby...TTO is doing some good stuff with Carthaginian legions...

Maybe you could try the Eygytians....LOL
    -Attalus-

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Originally posted by ferres

Hey, GODzilla.
    Thanks for all the help with the pack.

No problem, mate :

Just tried your augustinian legion (made gloss for them of course *gg*) and integrated them into the package. But I think before releasing any new version of the pack you should do.....MORE. MUCH MORE! : :blush Kepp up the good work.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Ecthelion's Avatar Great Ramen Connoisseur

Awesome work, what are your thoughts about doing the pre-Marian units?
    This is my signature. Isn't it awesome?

Ecthelion's Avatar Great Ramen Connoisseur

Oh yeah, the little groin protection belts on the foot praetorians and urbans doesn't seem to have a texture associated with them (they are thus shown as black) My testures are from PART1
    This is my signature. Isn't it awesome?

Originally posted by Ecthelion@Jan 16 2005, 01:31 AM
    Oh yeah, the little groin protection belts on the foot praetorians and urbans doesn't seem to have a texture associated with them (they are thus shown as black) My testures are from PART1
    GODzilla, could you fix this problem with the praetorian cohorts? This is a leftover problem from the switching of the Urbans and Praetorians.

Anyway, there is the glossless version at page 3 of this thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?s...pic=14652&st=40

It lacks the gloss but it works.

But it could be the gloss that is causing your problem. Try to remove it temporarily. *OD*

Dear Ferres, i was following you're job from the begining(i already see that you have great talent) you're shield pattern are very beautifull, but this time with you're Tiberian soldier you stunnish me...Awesome job i never see a so perfect Roman unit(historically accurate,wonderfull shield size, great skin).
    Thank's you so much! what are you planning for the next unit?thank's to you i will take my revange on Teutoburg forrest :w00t: ...seem's that my Roman blood have talking :cool
    Once more thank's you so much for you're work and for everytime release them!
    JUPITER OPTIMUS MAXIMUS VICTOR

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 16 2005, 07:38 AM
    GODzilla, could you fix this problem with the praetorian cohorts? This is a leftover problem from the switching of the Urbans and Praetorians.

Anyway, there is the glossless version at page 3 of this thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?s...pic=14652&st=40

It lacks the gloss but it works.

But it could be the gloss that is causing your problem. Try to remove it temporarily. *OD*
    Mhm.....this is annoying, I got no problem with the urban and the praetorian cohort! CLICK

Here's my descr_model_battle.txt for sure: CLICK

Yeah, the gloss could be the problem, but I got no problem with it neither.

What do you mean, with "fix it". People just have to switch all files, if they want to switch the textures back.
    GODzilla(TM)

Sorry, I thought this was the old issue that was mentioned before. Strange that it keeps cropping up.

Oddly enough I still can't get my gloss to work. There must be something different with the version released in my side of the globe. The only thing the gloss files do for me is they add a light whitish film on the units. *OD*

Probably when the patch comes out then I'll finish working on the Pre-Marians and finally complete the Roman revamp. At present, with they're very short availabilty time, it just doesn't seem worth it. It takes a bit of upgarades to get the Triarii then several upgrade later, their gone.
    :blush

Originally posted by GODzilla@Jan 15 2005, 01:00 PM

Just tried your augustinian legion (made gloss for them of course *gg*) and integrated them into the package. But I think before releasing any new version of the pack you should do.....MORE. MUCH MORE! : :blush Kepp up the good work.

Gloss?

For the Augustinians?

Nice...

Can I play too? :p
    -Attalus-

MAXIMVS's Avatar Libertus

I'd just like to say how good Ferres' skins are. I installed them yesterday using GODzilla's pack.

The instructions were easy to follow (to a begginer like me) and everything worked first time.

Many thanks to both of you for your tireless work!

I have two observations on checking both the Scipii and Julii factions -

1 The Early Legionary Cohort have flat oval shields, they should be curved (as others have already discussed)

2 The Auxilia have curved shields, but they should be flat oval as far as I am aware (in fact, just like the incorrect ones above&#33

Probably just swapping the shields would provide an immediate correction but I'm not confident on doing this myself.

Any comments by anyone on this point?

Ave ferres and GODzilla!

I was just ruminating, enjoying these suberb units and it occured to me...

Just who is this moronic looking individual leading my army? Certainly not a graphical representation of my most impressive visage!!...nor did it appear to anyone of historical significance I could discern...

Is there any possibility of your august (pun intended) personages modding new generals and captains?
    And, dare I ask... Optios or Decurions?

What about the possibility of a legion headquarters element, on horseback?

You know, a Legate, Camp Prefect, a Senior Centurion for the first cohort and some tribunes? Maybe even a couple of sycophantic toga wearing types...for flavors' sake.

This 'new' unit would be AWFULL in combat but have swift horses, rally ability and morale bonuses...similar to a mercenary general...(who else has seen one of these BTW?)

Just a thought! :smile
    -Attalus-

*doublepost* argh

It seems to me the pinboard is inaccessable sometimes, isn't it? I suppose the server is overburden......since 4 months :cry :
    GODzilla(TM)

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 16 2005, 01:38 PM
    Sorry, I thought this was the old issue that was mentioned before. Strange that it keeps cropping up.

Oddly enough I still can't get my gloss to work. There must be something different with the version released in my side of the globe. The only thing the gloss files do for me is they add a light whitish film on the units. *OD*

Probably when the patch comes out then I'll finish working on the Pre-Marians and finally complete the Roman revamp. At present, with they're very short availabilty time, it just doesn't seem worth it. It takes a bit of upgarades to get the Triarii then several upgrade later, their gone.
    :blush
    You read the first readme? Sure you actually enable all options that mention "gloss" in the preferences.txt? Don't forget to enable it ingame (video options) .
    GODzilla(TM)