Thread: BareBones EDU

Default BareBones EDU

The BareBones EDU is a modders resource recommended for experienced modders.

The BareBones EDU is the export_descr_unit.txt, that has been stripped to the bare minimum, without losing any usable entries from the grand campaign. There are 368 entries left.

The entries for Aztecs, Normans and Saxons have all been deleted, as well as the named generals from the Norman Prologue.

These units have also been deleted, see spoiler:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Welsh Longbowmen
    Bulgarian Brigands
    Irish Kerns
    Welsh Spearmen
    Flemish Pikemen
    Swiss Pikemen
    Galloglaich
    Sudanese Tribesmen

they have all been replaced in the descr_rebel_faction.txt by their merc equivalent.

CE Wagon Fort
    Gulay Gorod
    Dismounted NE Bodyguard

these units were all unusable and have been deleted also

This file is ment as a base for modders who are no longer using the Americas and are more than likely expanding eastwards!

The attatched file contains:

descr_descr_character_traits.txt

Goes to data folder
    All entries for Aztecs removed.

descr_rebel_factions.txt

Goes to data folder.
    Merc has been added to some units, as they were no longer in the edu.

descr_sm_factions.txt

Goes to data folder.
    Aztecs, Normans and Saxon entries have been deleted.

export_descr_buildings.txt

Goes to data folder.
    Mounted Longbowmen and Armored Sergeants have been activated for England.
    Aztec, Normans and Saxon entries have been deleted.

export_descr_unit.txt

Goes to data folder.
    The BareBones EDU, the main file here.
    This file has been striped down to 368 entires, without losing a single USEABLE unit from the grand campaign.

descr_characer.txt

Goes to data folder.
    All references to Aztec, Normans and Saxons have been removed.

These files will just leave your descr_strat.txt to modify if any deleted units were present. Descr_mercenaries.txt and descr_regions.txt will also need to be modified, as they refer to native rebels and native mercs from america.

It appears the export_descr_buildings.txt has some other alterations in it too, higher costs for buildings, im sorry i cant do anything about this as that is a modified vanilla file and i cant find a back-up. You can rectify this by enabling Mounted Longbowmen and Armored Sergeants in your edb aswell as deleting all entries for the Aztecs, Normans and Saxons.

DO NOT OVERWRITE ANY VANILLA FILES PLEASE!

THE BEST THING TO DO WOULD BE TO EXTRACT THEM TO DESKTOP, UNLESS YOUR MOD PROJECT CAN SUPPORT FILES WHERE THE AZTECS, NORMANS AND SAXONS ARE NO LONGER PRESENT.

Feedback welcome, please tell me if something has been missed!

Rep me if you use it!

dannyxx30

Edit: I have now included export_descr_character_traits.txt, with aztec entries deleted.
    Edit: I have removed the descr_mercenaries.txt, it had references to the americas in it and was not needed either!
    Edit: The main rar now includes a descr_character.txt file, with aztec, norman and saxon entries deleted.
    Last edited by danny X; October 10, 2011 at 06:13 PM.

Default Re: BareBones EDU

Sorry people, i forgot to include the export_descr_character_traits.txt with aztec entries deleted, it has now been included.

Either re-download or remove the aztec entries.

Extra info on the included edb also added to opening post.
    Last edited by danny X; October 02, 2011 at 05:41 PM.

Might be silly asking for permission since this is clearly for modders use, but can I use this in Golden Ages Total War?
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Might be silly asking for permission since this is clearly for modders use, but can I use this in Golden Ages Total War?
    Yes, but be careful with the edb as the costs and build times are not vanillas.
    Just rep and credit me if you want to!

I'll be modifying unit stats in accordance with either RealCombat/RealRecruitment or St. Polycarpe's guide, and replacing a bunch of units anyways. I'd just like a tidier set of files to mod from.

I also preupdated the credits with a note. Now I'll just delete the note.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Good luck with your mod, if you find anything wrong with the files, please report it back here!

Alright, will do so.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

The opening post has been updated. The descr_mercenaries.txt file has been removed, it had references to americas in it and was not needed anyway.

The opening post has been updated. I have now included a descr_character.txt, sorry to those who have already downloaded the BareBones EDU, this file should not have been left out!

I put this into my mod and it works fine, but Geomod doesn't accept it. I'm going to backup the files I replaced and return the old files to my modfolder until my map modding is complete.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

i've done very little work with geomod, so i cant give an explanation im afraid. im sure i have used geomod with my files before tho.

Well, it works fine when launched, so as I do unit modding, I'll constantly change the files between being active and being backup, and maybe I'll write a batch file to make that change easier for myself.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!