Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MUG: Modding Unit Guideline (Work in Progress for future version)

Default Re: MUG: Modding Unit Guideline (Final)

I don't have anyone to help me with unit stats, and I don't know if I want to try something else, but I'd like to ask permission to use this for Golden Ages: Total War.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Here you go, your project is added

@Aura: If you are interested to use this guide for your project, feel free to ask.

Here's an example of a unit card stats when completed, the following is the English Knights of War of the West

That knight model is a small teaser and if you want to rep the creator, just rep Lord Hamilton Here

As you can see in the unit description, I added the unit quality, category and role. For those who want to know how to do this, you will need to add like this

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    {Veišimenn_descr}Category: Warrior.\nQuality: Standard.\nRole: Skirmisher Archery.\n\nTo be written.

Hope that's help
    Last edited by Polycarpe; August 24, 2011 at 09:42 PM.

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

That is an excellent idea, adding the extra unit description items.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Yes please

Hi St. Polycarpe,

I was wondering if I could use your MUG to make changes on my units stats? It seems like a really nice guide! Had a +rep on you!

I'd use it in this mod, I've been working on. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=373446

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

Added you both

I spotted a few mistakes: the category "Engineers" has double entries for morale and discipline, the subcategories for "Brawler", "Charger", "Lancer", and a few else seem to be missing (or are they not even subcategories, because they appear in the mount section?).
    There are no descriptions/explanations for morale/discipline level "Reckless"/"Desparate".

And a few questions:
    - the stamina stuff in the horses, does it refer to the attributes "hardy" and "very_hardy"?
    - the "Hybrid" has the effect "Do not have penalty on any Quality type". What does this mean exactly? That all negative modifiers become 0 instead? Or does it affect equipment quality only (no class has equipment penalties anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by markhaselb View Post
    I spotted a few mistakes: the category "Engineers" has double entries for morale and discipline, the subcategories for "Brawler", "Charger", "Lancer", and a few else seem to be missing (or are they not even subcategories, because they appear in the mount section?).
    There are no descriptions/explanations for morale/discipline level "Reckless"/"Desparate".

And a few questions:
    - the stamina stuff in the horses, does it refer to the attributes "hardy" and "very_hardy"?
    - the "Hybrid" has the effect "Do not have penalty on any Quality type". What does this mean exactly? That all negative modifiers become 0 instead? Or does it affect equipment quality only (no class has equipment penalties anyway)
    Hi there, yes I may have forgotten some info or didn't specify properly but I'll try to answer it correctly.

• "Enginneers" units will have these characteristics:

5 as Base Morale.
    Normal Discipline.
    Trained as training.

• "Reckless" units will have these characteristics:

+1 Morale Bonus
    Impetuous discipline.
    + 2 Attack Bonus, - 3 Defense Skill.
    Lock_Morale.

• "Desperate" units will have these characteristics:

-2 Morale.
    Impetuous Discipline.
    + 2 Attack Bonus, -2 Defense Skill.
    Lock_Morale.
    • Brawler, Charger and Lancer is more a fighting style of the mount rather than a subcategory but can be still be considered like that if it's simpler that way.

Correct, "hardy" for Good Stamina and "very_hardy" for Very Good Stamina.
    By meaning "Hybrid" it means they have no penalty to melee and ranged attacks compared to a unit that is only archer (which drop to equivalent to their Current quality - 2 Levels). So for example, an Outstanding Hybrid archer will be Outstanding in both Melee and Archery while a Outstanding Archer will be considered as Standard for melee stats.

If you have other things to point out, please just tell me but sadly I haven't much time on reworking my writing due to school..

Thanks for the permission, but I'm not sure that I'm going to use it. What does this offer over say, RealRecruitment/RealCombat?
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Thanks for the permission, but I'm not sure that I'm going to use it. What does this offer over say, RealRecruitment/RealCombat?
    It is a unit guideline that would help you to create balanced units. Similar to Real Combat but with slightly more entries.

Seems I have overestimated my work, there's several imbalance right there and for my mod, there's also several modifiers that isn't really useful. This version for me is now outdated and instead I'll do more specific research and guide. My first guide will be focused obviously on Western European Warfare and Equipment. If I have time, I will do the same for the Eastern Culture and Middle East culture. Sorry for the inconveniences but things like guide always need further improvement and it was a too quick word to say it's "final".

The guide will have an increased focus, along already made armor combination and options related with the main armor. Also, new values, improved weapon stats and adding an extra category for mod that focus on multi weaponry per unit (as in my mod) such a unit of swordsmen using axe, sword, pickhammer and the like in a single unit. Stay tuned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12