Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Aliens Review

Default Re: Ancient Aliens Review

I just saw a youtube video "Ancient Aliens Debunked". Interesting scientific counter points how this show misrepresents facts. I must however the say the strong thing I took away from it was that every time one of those wackoloons opened their mouths I have the firm conviction they spout this malicious nonsense to impress people who do not know any better to embezzle money from them.

I have to say, I put this show away as harmless nonsense before but now I think it is a bunch intentional liars and frauds that use pretty nasty linguistic constructs to use doubt to continue getting money by writing nonsense books about stuff that has reputable science all the way about what it actually was about.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Menelik_I's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Republic of Angola, Permitte divis cetera.

Nice Necro

I love the show, each time those dudes open their mouth I almost break a rib by laughing.
    « Le courage est toujours quelque chose de saint, un jugement divin entre deux idées. Défendre notre cause de plus en plus vigoureusement est conforme à la nature humaine. Notre suprême raison d’être est donc de lutter ; on ne possède vraiment que ce qu’on acquiert en combattant. »Ernst Jünger
    La Guerre notre Mère (Der Kampf als inneres Erlebnis), 1922, trad. Jean Dahel, éditions Albin Michel, 1934

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

I usually either end up laughing or throwing things at the TV because what they are saying is so stupid
    Patronized by Hader.

oops, sorry, saw the thread link in the higher level forum overview so didn't think to check the last post. The stuff just angered me!
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Your post was a worthy bump. I would have been interested to know more about the show you talked about as I hadn't heard of it.

That crazy hair guy seems like the most "rational" one . There are people there that are like bat insane .

Whatever sells yo

Rinan's Avatar Centenarius

The problem with this show is not the conclusions, but the evidence.
    Much of it is plain false.
    Ancient Aliens Debunked video does a great deal at what its title implies; debunking. It turns out fact after fact after fact is wrong. Myself I just couldn't stop laughing when they stated that the pyramids stood at the crossing of the longest longitude and the longest latitude of the earth. Anyone who has but any geographic knowledge can know this is wrong.
    It's like saying 1+1=3, so: Aliens.

So yea, good comedy for when you're bored.

The trick to watching any documentary especially this series, is paying attention to the detail of the claims, and ignoring things like "experts say".

An Ancient African trickster god disguises himself as a dog and tricks people, a lunatic in america thousands of years later says he murderd people because a dog told him to = aliens! How could we have been so blind?
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Because we all know what "dog" spelled backwards is, hence God is extraterrestrial.

Case closed.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

This thread should be properly stickied, archived, and given some sort of award for having some of the funniest damn posts I've ever read at TWC.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

My goal is to become extremely wealthy, buy MTV, and then turn it into the "Real" History Channel. I think everyone should have that as a goal.

I can kill the worst channel on television and replace it with something productive. I like the History Channel, I'm just not sure why they call it that. I just don't know why it's so difficult for them to do accurate historical stuff about history.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; December 04, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    My goal is to become extremely wealthy, buy MTV, and then turn it into the "Real" History Channel. I think everyone should have that as a goal.
    Damn, that's the best idea I've heard in a while.

I can kill the worst channel on television and replace it with something productive. I like the History Channel, I'm just not sure why they call it that. I just don't know why it's so difficult for them to do accurate historical stuff about history.
    That's because history isn't "sexy" to morons who don't know anything about history. To them history is something dry and annoying they had to learn in grade school. The History Channel could easily keep the unwashed masses enthralled by merely focusing on real history that includes all the ultra-violent slaughter and massacres of entire cities, raping, pillaging, scheming, plotting, screwing, and vindictive acts of revenge that litter historical sources (and archaeological digs). History is filled with details that aren't sexy, it is true, but there is a mountain of relevant stuff out there that could easily entertain a modern audience. We don't need to pander to folks in tin-foil hats since it's quite a small niche market, isn't it? Or are there more crazies out there than I had expected who actually digest this alien crap as real history?

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post

Call your cable provider, get HD and the Smithsonian channel.

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Or if you're in Europe, Discovery Channel Civilisation.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Relvas View Post
    Or if you're in Europe, Discovery Channel Civilisation.
    Weep now while you still can. In a few years even that channel will be littered with reality tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinan View Post
    The problem with this show is not the conclusions, but the evidence.
    Much of it is plain false.
    Ancient Aliens Debunked video does a great deal at what its title implies; debunking. It turns out fact after fact after fact is wrong. Myself I just couldn't stop laughing when they stated that the pyramids stood at the crossing of the longest longitude and the longest latitude of the earth. Anyone who has but any geographic knowledge can know this is wrong.
    It's like saying 1+1=3, so: Aliens.

So yea, good comedy for when you're bored.
    The evidence is the main reason that I believe it is sadly not a comedy but malicious intent. You cannot really come up with these kinds of evidence without intentionally lying. They don't lie to amuse you or me, they do lie because they can goad people into believing their lies. It's not them being ridiculous, it's them being deliberate.

You can call people who believe it morons, doesn't make the snake potion sellers any less of a fraud.
    Mangalore Design

Ancient Aliens did Dallas. Think about it.
    P.S. To everyone experiencing butthurt: it's not because of my necro, it's because of the probes.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

I find it depressing that Katy Perry is obsessed with this show. Yet another testament to the fact that physical attractiveness and beauty does not equal brain cells.

If only she wasn't an airhead; she'd be perfect.