Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Aliens Review

Ancient Aliens's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Ancient Aliens Review

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Do you believe that the current state of scientific research has discovered all there ever was?
    I do, I just don't see any evidence to the contrary. We can reproduce the work of the ancients and much, much more.

Consider how much you don't even know about your own world, the easiest example would be taking a trip somewhere in town to a neighborhood you may have passed a million times, but never ventured through or set foot in. Obviously there's a lot that goes on there, but before you knew about it, it never existed. Pretty amazing huh?

Consider how much you don't even know about your own world, the easiest example would be taking a trip somewhere in town to a neighborhood you may have passed a million times, but never ventured through or set foot in. Obviously there's a lot that goes on there, but before you knew about it, it never existed. Pretty amazing huh?
    True, but I can only relate my perception of existence to what I can immediately experience. The same is true of both history and astrobiology; to adhere to your own example, I can't experience that store if I can't find it.

The thing is however you have a whole world in which things are known to exist, but you don't discount them you might even take a trip to discover them some day for yourself.

The thing is however you have a whole world in which things are known to exist, but you don't discount them you might even take a trip to discover them some day for yourself.
    That is true, I do try to keep an open mind.

My issue lies with theories that are formed without any evidence indicating their positions. I could postulate a theory that claims that human civilization was directly influenced by extradimensional, time-travelling, benevolent clowns, and point to an ancient rune that looks remotely like a clown as evidence. This still wouldn't put my theory anywhere near the truth.

The only reason why Ancient Aliens is watched is because people generally like trashy television (I'm guilty of this myself).

Well I don't think you postulate a "theory" ...and theory is often thrown around way too loosely being a sort of figure of speech for average folk like us. I think there's pretty good evidence to warrant research, but as for a full blown theory probably not. You'd have to talk to consult Zacharia Stichin for that

I think my inclination is much more reasonable that people evolved into intelligent beings earlier on and were able to perform great feats and then got wiped out. I mean either way you look at it, what has been left says people were pretty damn organized and skilled regardless if they used magic or simple tools.

Edit: I suppose you could postulate a theory

I think my inclination is much more reasonable that people evolved into intelligent beings earlier on and were able to perform great feats and then got wiped out. I mean either way you look at it, what has been left says people were pretty damn organized and skilled regardless if they used magic or simple tools.
    That seems far more reasonable to me, and it seems to stem from actual evidence (i.e. Gobekli Tepe). I too wonder if there was a agricultural society prior to the end of the Ice Age.

Edit: I suppose you could postulate a theory

I think about this a lot, if there were anything like a lost civilization (however advanced) the coasts are probably an excellent place to start looking considering sea level rise.

I think about this a lot, if there were anything like a lost civilization (however advanced) the coasts are probably an excellent place to start looking considering sea level rise.
    Or, perhaps, on an oceanic mountain that would have been an island/peninsula prior to the end of the Ice Age.

So many ideas on that, I'd hate to steer this thread away from Aliens

So many ideas on that, I'd hate to steer this thread away from Aliens
    I made a semi-relevant thread a week ago in the VV Or maybe you can put together a new thread?

no energy for a new thread at the moment you'll have to supply me the link

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens View Post
    Don't forget swamp people, loggers, and auctioneers...
    This is their programming history.

I am actually shocked that no one put this up before.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by classical_hero View Post
    This is their programming history.

I am actually shocked that no one put this up before.
    lol, although I think they have changed up a bit and 3/4ths of ghosts and 9/11 tribute should go to UFO's, the other 4th of ghosts to Doomsday prophecies. They should also do a sub section of actual history, 5% real programing 95% ridiculous CGI and slow motion charges that they show different parts of for 30 minutes.

btw, I only managed to see part of the latest episode, but they were explaining about how a holy relic in india(I think) actually being a meteorite is conclusive proof that human civilisation was created by aliens. It was fantastic.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

actually the second show tonight was much better, in fact they were pulling out all the stops lol... busting out with 3 or 4 different claims of neolithic mega structures in the Americas and one in Lebanon, that I don't recall the names at the moment.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

I can just tell this season is going to be awsome.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Balbek was the greco-roman site, apparently the foundation of the roman fort was built atop a foundation of megaliths.

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    I can just tell this season is going to be awsome.
    The longer it lasts the better it will be. They are already struggling for topics, which makes it all the more hilarious.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Yeah, what are they going to come up with next? Anal probes?

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    Yeah, what are they going to come up with next? Anal probes?
    To be honest, I would be surprised if there wasn't already an episode involving anal probes.