Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Aliens Review

Indefinitely Banned

Default Ancient Aliens Review

Ancient aliens. is a documentary series on history channel that explains the many UFO naught theories and explains why Sumerian gods created man as slaves to mine gold and why the nasca lines can only be seen from the air and also visits some strange megalithic sites here on earth. MY comments: The theories on this TV show are very interesting and some even possible and the theories are explaned by our very own Giorgio Tsoukalos AKA ancient aliens.

score 10/10

some episodes well it's only one

Ancient Aliens's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Ancient Aliens Review

Is this thread dedicated to me?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens View Post
    Maybe

I enjoy a good mental :wub:.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    I enjoy a good mental :wub:.
    Wait what? but did you like it?

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I've watched a few episodes of Ancient Aliens - I thought it was more of a comedy than a documentary. Some of the conclusions such as one in Episode 1 that "Akhenaten looks like he's got an usually big head....HE MUST BE AN ALIEN!" had me in stitches!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Ancient Aliens's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    I've watched a few episodes of Ancient Aliens - I thought it was more of a comedy than a documentary. Some of the conclusions such as one in Episode 1 that "Akhenaten looks like he's got an usually big head....HE MUST BE AN ALIEN!" had me in stitches!
    At first I thought it was a mocumentary, especially after seeing Giorgio Tsoukalos' "glorious" hairdo.

The episodes only get more hysterical, someone just pointed an episode out to me that apparently claims that the pyramids were built as refueling stations for alien spacecraft.

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Another dumb show on the History Channel.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Yeaaahhhh no. I've watched a few. Their like all the big-foot shows and such now. It used to be were if people couldn't answer something, it was a god. Now too many people are going with aliens. They also take to many liberties in drawing to conclusions with facts that are very open ended or in conclusive.

This series is an accumulation of all the various speculation that's been presented over the last few decades, in my early years we had "In Search of" narrated by Lenard Nimoy.

There are better episodes than the one you posted, basically ways of rethinking old ideas, Giorgio is very good at that and so he sells books to inquiring minds.

However very little of it is new, just the packaging. I am sympathetic to some of their proposals, but not all featured in this series are fluid orators like Grahamhancock or Robert Bauval.

Tsoukalos is just fun to watch.

What you need to do before you decry these type of shows is really understand the criticism behind what they are proposing otherwise you don't really have a pot to piss in as a skeptic.

Tom Crooze's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    This series is an accumulation of all the various speculation that's been presented over the last few decades, in my early years we had "In Search of" narrated by Lenard Nimoy.

There are better episodes than the one you posted, basically ways of rethinking old ideas, Giorgio is very good at that and so he sells books to inquiring minds.

However very little of it is new, just the packaging. I am sympathetic to some of their proposals, but not all featured in this series are fluid orators like Grahamhancock or Robert Bauval.

Tsoukalos is just fun to watch.

What you need to do before you decry these type of shows is really understand the criticism behind what they are proposing otherwise you don't really have a pot to piss in as a skeptic.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

At first I thought it was a mocumentary, especially after seeing Giorgio Tsoukalos' "glorious" hairdo. .
    i could have sworn he had normal hair during the first episode, but then it just kept getting better and better lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    The show is so ridiculous its hilarious, one episode has them talking about the isrealits wandering in the desert, and they pretty much started with "so this is in the bible, so it must be true wor for word.... ALIENS KEPT THEM ALIVE"

I was like wtf

Yeaaahhhh no. I've watched a few. Their like all the big-foot shows and such now. It used to be were if people couldn't answer something, it was a god. Now too many people are going with aliens. They also take to many liberties in drawing to conclusions with facts that are very open ended or in conclusive.
    but thats the best part;
    evidence:
    there are spme parts of this building we can't explain. - alright seems reasonable
    there are some oddly shaped drawings in this building too - ok, thats subjective so it's not outrageous or anything
    the building is aligned by compass points - k, they probably had compasses or something similar
    the building is well built - yes, it has stood up to time well
    Conclusion:
    so aliens must have designed and built it for them - wait, what?
    Last edited by empr guy; July 10, 2011 at 07:31 PM.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Tom Crooze's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    i could have sworn he had normal hair during the first episode, but then it just kept getting better and better lol.

The show is so ridiculous its hilarious, one episode has them talking about the isrealits wandering in the desert, and they pretty much started with "so this is in the bible, so it must be true wor for word.... ALIENS KEPT THEM ALIVE"

I was like wtf
    I only saw one episode. They talked about the rows of rocks in France. THEY USED THEM TO SIGNAL ALIENS!

And in the bible, a guy flew up to god in a machine, HE WAS AN ALIEN SCOUT!

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

I thought so as well.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Quote Originally Posted by PeasantsSuck View Post
    Thanks I respect, respect.

I think even more logical arguements are that they are simply travelers whether or not by choice, possibly even from other dimensions or the multiverse.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Our own George Tsoukalos AKA Ancient Aliens?!

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

At first I thought it was a mocumentary, especially after seeing Giorgio Tsoukalos' "glorious" hairdo.

The episodes only get more hysterical, someone just pointed an episode out to me that apparently claims that the pyramids were built as refueling stations for alien spacecraft.
    You forget the one where they claim that the Great Pyramid shot lasers into the sky as a source of renewable energy. I also like how sagely the series 'regulars' comport themselves - throwing about phrases like "mainstream historians", "Could man have X Y Z? I don't think so..." (nods wisely), "extraterrestrials" (as opposed to ALIENS), and "It's always a possibility...".

My favorite episode has got to be the one where they get the really haggard woman to explain how aliens have been harvesting us for genetic experiments for thousands of years. Oh, hello, Mass Effect. She appears to have smoked at least three packs a day for the last twenty years. Or the random hilltop with a door carved into its side. It's a door....leading NOWHERE...because it's carved out of solid rock.....IT'S GOT TO BE INTER-DIMENSIONAL!!

It's a very nice show to watch for the effects and if you've got nothing else to do, but it's very hard to take seriously. I'm partial to the pan-flute-Gregorian chant sound effect they have in the South American episodes.

Icon10 Re: Ancient Aliens Review

The only times I watch this are when I'm bored to tears and want to laugh. I mean, seriously, that Giorgio Tsoukalos looks like 1) he stayed on the beach for far too long and 2) like he's been sticking his head out of the car on the ride to work. Plus he gets so hysterical that I just makes me laugh all the time.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Heres whats plausible:

Aliens came here and enslaved prehistoric man.

Whats not plausible is that Aliens created man.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    You forget the one where they claim that the Great Pyramid shot lasers into the sky as a source of renewable energy. .
    Are you trying to tell me just because something is physically possible and involves Aliens it doesn't mean that it did happen? Outrageous sir, simpley outrageous.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast