Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Egypt Realism Mod

Default Re: Egypt Realism Mod

the trade that used to pass through egypt had to pay faires that used to gain egypt great wealth and importance

1-1500s that caused economic crisis
    2-during the 18th century that caused the arise of the importance of egypt when egypt opened its ports to european trade

Yeah but the Suez Canal was built later. I meant the period of 1771 to 1850.

EDIT: Let me be clearer;

Tell me what was Egypt diplomacy during the year 1771 (or very close to that date). Also tell us of who Egypt traded with during that year.

For example I know that the had enemy relations with the Ottomans.
    Last edited by Ahmed IV; July 19, 2011 at 03:48 PM.

egypt had in 1771 unfriendly or hostile stance with russia as it used to help the ottoman empire in its war with russia but when the ottoman porte wanted egypt to levy an army to aid him aly pasha used this army to rebell and capture syria to recriate the medieval mamluk egypt

friendly stance with britain as in the next few years britain used to defend egypt against napoleon's campaign 1798

as for the rest of the countries egypt had relative peace during time from 1771 to 1798

and as for trade the ships used to carry goods to the north egyptian coast then they load it in caravans and cross the desert reaching the red sea and then they load it onto ships that went to india

so egypt was the key to all trade comming and going to india

Could you give me a link to a site that says that talks about the unfriendly relations between Russia and Egypt?

I don't want info about Muhammad Ali Egypt...I want about Egypt in 1771

I think England just wanted to ruin Napoleon's plans than actually help Egypt

nono i didnt mean mohamad aly in my previous post i meant aley bey alkabir

and as for the unfriendly relations between egypt and russia my grandparents told me that they used to be history teachers and they told me that in napoleons campaign britain used to aid egyptians in some battles and sabotage missions so they had friendly unreal relations with egypt but it wasnt

Oh I see. It doesn't make sense though because wouldn't Egypt breaking away from Ottomans be good for Russia?

Also maybe, but that's later. I mainly want info on 1771 (much before Napoleon's wars).

maybe russia can be indifrent stance with egypt

The Porte was not able to take active measures at the time for the suppression of Ali Bey, who endeavoured to consolidate his dominions by sending expeditions against marauding tribes in both north and south Egypt, reforming the finance, and improving the administration of justice. His son-in-law, Abu-'l-Dhahab, was sent to subject the Hawwarah, who had occupied the land between Aswan and Asyut, and a force of 20,000 men was sent to conquer Yemen. An officer named Ismail Bey was sent with 8,000 men to acquire the eastern shore of the Red Sea, and Ilasan Bey was sent to occupy Jidda. In six months, the greater part of the Arabian peninsula was subject to Ali Bey, and he appointed a cousin of his own as Sharif of Mecca—who bestowed on Ali by an official proclamation the titles Sultan of Egypt and Khan of the Two Seas. In 1771, in virtue of this authorisation, he then struck coins in his own name and ordered his name to be mentioned in public worship.
    Abu-'l-Dhahab was sent with a force of 30,000 men in the same year to conquer Syria, and agents were sent to negotiate alliances with Venice and Russia. Reinforced by Ali Bey's ally Daher El-Omar, Abu-'l-Dahab easily took the chief cities of Palestine and Syria, ending with Damascus, but at this point he appears to have entered into secret negotiations with the Porte, by which he undertook to restore Egypt to Ottoman suzerainty. He proceeded to evacuate Syria, and marched with all the forces he could collect to Upper Egypt, occupying Assiut in April 1772. Having collected additional troops from the Bedouins, he marched on Cairo. Ismail Bey was sent by Ali Bey with a force of 3,000 to check his advance, but Bastin Ismil and his troops joined Abu-'l-Dhahab. Ali Bey intended at first to defend himself as long as possible in the citadel at Cairo, but receiving information that his friend Daher El-Omar of Acre was still willing to give him refuge, he left Cairo for Syria on 8 April 1772, one day before the entrance of Abu-'l-Dhahab.
    found some info
    Last edited by oss1215; July 20, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

Wow nice info!

What do you think?

...agents were sent to negotiate alliances with Venice and Russia.
    Do you think the alliance happened or not?

EDIT: Yes it did happen:

At Acre, Ali's fortune seemed to be restored. A Russian vessel anchored outside the port and, in accordance with the agreement which he had made with the Russian empire, he was supplied with stores, ammunition, and a force of 3,000 Albanians.
    So diplomacy was:

Ally: Russia
    Enemy: Ottoman Empire
    Last edited by Ahmed IV; July 20, 2011 at 09:06 PM.

edit:what if i post in the etw forum asking for modders to help us make this happen

great and what do you think about abueldahabs conspiracy?
    Last edited by oss1215; July 21, 2011 at 07:18 AM.

Sure go ahead.

Well what am I going to use the conspiracy for?

Game will start in 1771, on the day Syria was captured, before the conspiracy.

EDIT: I guess I can make it start as rebellious.
    Last edited by Ahmed IV; July 21, 2011 at 09:02 AM.

I revised the original post.

as for military units egypt used to rely on bedoiuns and fellahin as cheap infantry and cavalry and mamluks provided the expensive and profeesional core of the army and the military was kinda simillar to the ottoman military but with mamluks instead of jannisaries and bedoiun and fellahin as cheap garrison infantry so what do you think?

I dont know how to make new units.

Here is the revolutionary flag that will be added to the mod:

All credit for the flag goes to: Lord Bucky.

im going to be in alex next week but after isa i will focus all my attention to the mod development

And as soon as i get back il try work on the units
    Last edited by oss1215; July 22, 2011 at 03:24 AM.

I hope this mod comes through I love playing as Egypt in all of the Total War games. Anything I can do to help?
    Last edited by king spartacus; July 22, 2011 at 04:04 PM.

Hey king spartacus,

What are you able to do in modding? For example, modeling, flag making, ESF related edits?

Thanks for your interest and as soon as we settle on a role for you we'll add you to the team

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed IV View Post
    Hey king spartacus,

What are you able to do in modding? For example, modeling, flag making, ESF related edits?

Thanks for your interest and as soon as we settle on a role for you we'll add you to the team
    I haven't modded in in ETW, though in RTW I made faction symbols and some simple re-textures on units. Not to sure if modding them is similar. If you had something in particular you need done I could read up on how to do it.

That's ok, the majority of the team just started modding but we are making good progress.

Alright, I'll add you to the team. I'll update you as to what we did so far in a PM and we'll discuss what you could do via PM.

Sounds like a plan.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast