Thread: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Default Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/110/110044.html

Accept the mission and play three great chapters in the Metal Gear franchise with the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Included are Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. All three games are rendered in high-definition for the first time!

So this has the revamped/HD versions of MGS2 (Sons of Liberty), MGS3 (Snake Eater) and MGS Peace Walker....

But am I the only one who thinks that this is gonna fail because it doesn't have MGS (the original PS1 game)? For me, MGS was the most enjoyable game of the entire series - I loved the storyline, the gameplay, the relatively realistic bosses, the characters, etc.... Plus the nostalgia factor makes it even more awesome than it already is...

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Will there ever be a PS3 version of MGS (the original one)?
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Wasn't Peace Walker a handheld game?

I'm excited about SoL and SE...it'd be nice to have newer looking versions of those. Too bad about MGS1 missing though. Ya know, I've played 2, 3, and 4 and absolutely love the MGS series but I've never actually played the first title (I never owned a PS1). By now, IMO it's too late, the PS1 graphics would get to me if I even tried. Didn't they make a semi-modern remake for the gamecube or something? Twin Snakes I think it was called. Why don't they just HD remaster that and put it on the PS3?

The only thing that frightens me about these HD remakes is that it could get a little out of hand. I mean, it's nice to have remastered and updated versions of our nostalgic game experiences but I just hope Sony (and Microsoft if it somehow catches on with them) doesn't just start pumping out HD versions of even the most un-important games and re-selling us games we bought years and years ago. I wouldn't mind a library of HD versions but as long as they're priced accordingly (no more than $30 max, and IMO that's even stretching it but asking for $10 a game or $20 is unrealistic).
    Last edited by VOP2288; July 08, 2011 at 08:46 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

I can't wait for this, MGS3 is still my favorite game and I can't wait to play Peace Walker on the PS3 as I don't have a PSP...

I never could get myself to finish MGS2 so I might attempt that one again.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”