Thread: Sea Battles

Default Sea Battles

First off I would like to say what an excellent mod this is and I have been thoroughly enjoying playing NWR with it installed.

I would just like to highlight a couple of things bearing in mind I play as Britain.

First off you probably already know but the British didn't build 12o first rates until 1808 so shouldn't really start with HMS Rose but instead a 100 gun first rate, can you change this?

The other thing I have noticed is that even though I surround and pound any ship upward of a 3rd rate with Santissma Trinidad, 2x120 gun 1st rates and a 100 gun first rate they battle away without surrendering until they have lost 75% of their guns. I would expect this from ST or a 120 gun 1st rate and maybe a 100gun 1st rate but not a 3rd. Is this intentional or are you planning to work on this?

Lastly France and Spain do not seem to build any 1st rates once I have disposed of the combined fleet. It might be because I squeeze their economies a bit too hard but I'd expect them to build up some kind of challenge to my naval power even if it sits in port (then at least I could land an expedition to push them out).

Great work with the mod, I look forward to the next version.
    Last edited by Laz3456; July 09, 2011 at 07:13 AM. Reason: spelling
    Cheers,

Laz

Default Re: Sea Battles

Off hand I vaguely recall Spain was not doing well under Charles IV and siding with France, however necessary to protect the motherland, hurt ties with the colonies. The kind of money to imitate a french style build up of a fleet in being was not available.

Hello Marcello,

Spain still had some SOL after Trafalgar so maybe building new ships could represent them coming from other theatres?

I am also wondering why any ship can be repaired in any port as it makes no sense strategically to have more than one naval port in the game. Commercial ports would be capable of refitting detachments and small units but not entire fleets, would it be possible to limit the numbers of ships they can repair each turn?
    Last edited by Laz3456; July 09, 2011 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Work out how barracks function
    Cheers,

Laz

Please ignore these questions as I have moved on to playing another MOD.
    Cheers,

Laz