Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: [Faction research topic]: The Great Moravia,Serbia, Anciliaries and titles.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Opinions needed.

Here we will post questions about anything that we want your opinion
    and you sence of taste in 2ndary matters of the mod.
    Few years ago i started as Dominion of the Sword researcher. When it came to UI cards issue i had the idea of ussing renders in Unit info cards.
    Something like this:

These days all mods use ingame shots of the units they want to show.
    The thaught behind the use of renders is that the player will be able to see warriors details and understand the "status" the unit belongs.
    For example:
    Lets take the UI card above that shown Tagma ton Teichon.
    Even without description text a player sees right away that even if that unit is an archer one ,is also very heavily armored.

Please post your opinions even if they are negative to this consept.
    That is the meaning of the thread..to find out what your thoughts are about some issues.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Default Re: Opinions needed.

It is quite surprising. The card looks like an heroes card in some MMORPG, but the good thing is that you can really see the unit, the man who compose it. It also adds a personnality to the unit, which are now more a group, but an union of differents man.

You can easier see what is their place in the army, it is I think really a good idea, and I support it.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir Tur-Anion View Post
    It is quite surprising. The card looks like an heroes card in some MMORPG, but the good thing is that you can really see the unit, the man who compose it. It also adds a personnality to the unit, which are now more a group, but an union of differents man.

You can easier see what is their place in the army, it is I think really a good idea, and I support it.
    Yes it is a very good idea, the same will apply to buildings perhaps?

Signature made by Joar

Matthćus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

support

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

That is a great idea. Maybe include several different variations of the unit, just to show the insane work that you guys do?

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiđinn Veđr: Total War

Hi AnthoniusII!

Looks good to me as well.

I just discovered this modding project and I am already really impressed. It covers a very exciting era and area. That is going to be a great one

Greetings,
    Tar-Narcano

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    That is a great idea. Maybe include several different variations of the unit, just to show the insane work that you guys do?

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

Thank you jentlemen.
    Tommorow i will make a card of a cavalry unit to see how it looks (certainly kind of smaller).
    As for the existance of several renders it worth trying under the prospective that the finall visual result will be smaller.
    More tests will follow. Sugestions are always wellcomed.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I suggest a patch of land underneath to represent their native country. Grass for flatlands, rocks for hills or mountains, sand for desert, and snow for cold regions....

That would be nice but i have limited knowlege of Photoshop.
    Here how a standard cavalry unit will look (with minor position changes in each unit).

They are the same renders that allow us to create the ui mini cards.

Automatix's Avatar Semisalis

you can use the " same" type of renders as in EB II - there is also earth around the unit and the tutorial how to create units cards as in EB II is already public somewhere on this forum i will try to find it because i remember i have reat it and it isnt somehow extra hard
    Great orders make from soldiers heroes, wrong orders make from them cowards.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

Hi!
    What Automatix said
    If I remember it right, the unit cards looked like that in RTW.
    I find it just better. BUT the image MUST be identical with the soliders that we get on the battle map.
    In IBII, the moders also use this type of cards, only in the present version some units look different on the cards and during battles. It's not making the play easier.
    Best of luck.

Icon5 [Open research topic]Knights X,XI centuries.

The title says it all.
    TASK I:
    After a certain date "Magyars" will adopt knighthood in their process to their Hungarian kingdom.
    We need reference pictures in order to make a knight unit for Magyars.
    We need to gather atleast 4 body variations and atleast 6 shield paterns.
    TASK II:
    We also seek for reference pictures of Early German knights to be used for the HRE.
    Remember : 10th-11th centuries not later eras knights.

CAUTION : NO OSPREY IMAGES. WE DO NOT WANT TO HARM TWC.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Re: [Open research topic]Knights X,XI centuries.

Task II:
    Honestly, my friends, you got the early German knights perfectly in this picture;

This would be the look of the German Milites before the Crusade period. Of course, you could use round shields in the first tier with kite shields in the second, but the Germans began using the kite shield a lot more commonly during the late 10th/early 11th century. They would soon evolve into the knights of the Crusades that so many know about

Here is a figurine I found, the title says "Ottonian cavalryman, c. 950 AD". However, I'm not completely sure of its historicity because of the helm.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Here is a statue with the title "Czech knight in 10th century". As the Czech (known in that age as the Duchy of Bohemia) were bordered with the Germans and had much of the same style warfare as them, I believe this is a good image of what the German knights looked like.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Heathen Storm; April 08, 2012 at 12:24 AM.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiđinn Veđr: Total War

But yes that will be the main model.
    What we want is pictures that shows shield paterns,helmet colors etc...

Wait Anthonius! In TGC time frame (and some time after as well) Magyars did not adopt knighthood. They welcomed numerous knights from HRE which joined their army as heavy lancers, but native Magyars did not convert into western feudal knights, not so early. Making Magyar knights in XIc would be inapriopriate. I remember a debate about it with Dome (Magyar Mod leader and a fellow with a great history knowledge about Hungary) as I wanted to simulate Magyar warfare convertion fom steppic into western feudal in my HotS project (timeframe 1003-1205y) and he said that in such early period it was hardly visible and only in the terminal part of HotS timeframe (so in late XIIc).

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    Wait Anthonius! In TGC time frame (and some time after as well) Magyars did not adopt knighthood. They welcomed numerous knights from HRE which joined their army as heavy lancers, but native Magyars did not convert into western feudal knights, not so early. Making Magyar knights in XIc would be inapriopriate. I remember a debate about it with Dome (Magyar Mod leader and a fellow with a great history knowledge about Hungary) as I wanted to simulate Magyar warfare convertion fom steppic into western feudal in my HotS project (timeframe 1003-1205y) and he said that in such early period it was hardly visible and only in the terminal part of HotS timeframe (so in late XIIc).
    You are right. I forgot that Csadati said something about German mercenaries!
    Thanks that you reminded it to me.
    Then the research will be simplier.
    The German knights will be added as "King'smen" to Magyars after an event.

Matthćus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

what ? partial plate ?
    http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8...ztannenber.jpg

this is clearly late 14th or even 15th century

PS
    i think dome was talking about german mercenaries in hungarian service.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthćus View Post
    i think dome was talking about german mercenaries in hungarian service.
    I remember that many German Knights entered Hungary together with Gisele of Bavaria who became wife of Stephen - later king of Hungary. Those Bavarian knights (few hundrets or so) were not mercenaries, but loyal feudals who accompanied her, they formed her court and guard. They later took active role alongside Stephen in uniting Hungary (wars with Gyula and Ajtony in the beginning of XIc). So maybe we could make an event - if Hungarian duke marry German Princess - you will get a few unit of German knights and highly limited recruitment of their.
    Last edited by Silesian_Noble; April 08, 2012 at 08:41 AM.

FliegerAD provided all the historical infp/background for HRE units.
    Also for te event he and you SN mention.
    That will be a very interesting event.
    What we need is few shield and helmet pictures/paterns of that era to produse the German arsenal with the addition of Absinthia's German shield pack.