Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creative Assembly and TWC Exclusive :Total Warcast Episode 8 - With Jack Lusted

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Default Creative Assembly and TWC Exclusive :Total Warcast Episode 8 - With Jack Lusted

Good news folks!

Me and Leonidas have been away on holiday and therefore this episode is a little late. He has been licking sun on the Greek isles while I have been flinging rocks and timber in my mountain home in Norway.

But luckily episode 8 has arrived and today we have a really special show for you. Jack Lusted from Creative Assembly have joined us in a interview and off topic talk. The interview touch on Jack Lusted relationship with CA and some personal things. He also joins in on the other segments and we get professional opinions.

http://totalwarcast.podomatic.com/
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot
    View how Grouchy makes a Hoplon shield!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Total Warcast Episode 8 - Special edition!

Can someone write what was told there? Not all of us are native English speakers.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Content Emeritus

Default Re: Total Warcast Episode 8 - Special edition!

Do you mean what some of the important details of what Jack Lusted talked about?

Firstly we had a really laid back thing going and we talked about Jack and how he got hired by CA and some other personal stuff. Then we talked about modding and Jack of course have a positive view on that since he was once a standalone modder. We asked him what his job is. (Unit Design Lead, look, stats etc) On that note we also talked about the newest announcement from CA were they dropped information out to the community that will make it easier to mod Empire and Napoleon. It's a lot to go into as Jack said but its gonna be fun to see what they (the modders) produce.

Also for you guys who want some news about Shogun 2 and the future TW game shall be a little pleased. There will be more content for Shogun 2 and there will be more Total War games. Other than that its really hard to remember 45 minutes of conversation at the back of my head.

And of course we had The Nine Swords which is our little off topic corner and then we had Mod Corner where I chose my first Shogun 2 mod and talked about that. But since my two co-hosts haven't played it I did not go really in depth on all the goodies that is Radious mod.
    Last edited by Daily; July 03, 2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Type error after type error...

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Creative Assembly and TWC Exclusive :Total Warcast Episode 8 - With Jack Lusted

It was an excellent episode!

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

romanlegion13th's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Creative Assembly and TWC Exclusive :Total Warcast Episode 8 - With Jack Lusted

nice pod cast ........ first one i lisented 2
    good work

Content Emeritus

It's down for the moment, but It is publishing so should be up and running again very shortly.

Ohh technical problems why do you seek me?

EDIT: Up again.
    Last edited by Daily; July 04, 2011 at 02:39 AM.

can i ask what this is exactly?

Content Emeritus

First off, the show is called Total Warcast which is a podcast. A podcast is something in the lines of a radio program but only over the Internet. We have made some other episodes but this one is very different since we got someone from CA to talk with us. Its 45 minutes of three guys talking about relevant things and of course some off topic things.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Very interesting;nice to know Jack is enjoying the Zulu and TGW Mods.
    Last edited by MorganH.; July 04, 2011 at 09:52 AM.

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

I'm glad one post lead to another that lead to an actual video.

Next time you should suggest that one of R2TW's features be a unit condenser, wherein during a campaign, you can condense an army into a single "legion unit" a "unit" containing all the old ones - yet leaving space in the army for more. In battle, the separate parts of the nameable legion unit are (without taking up more space) able to move independently.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And don't Call me Shirley!

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hartassen View Post
    I'm glad one post lead to another that lead to an actual video.
    Postception? Yeah it is kinda weird that way but I usually have a more detailed thread for each episode and therefore I want to lead people into that from the front page. The podcast itself is hosted on podomatic so now we have to click a third time to get into the podcast. Inconvenience, I curse you.

Indefinitely Banned

Meh about the podcast

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    Meh about the podcast
    Thank you for the in-depth critique.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    Meh about the podcast
    Meh about this post.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Just had a listen, well done all!

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
    Meh about this post.
    +1

few points of critique. I study Journalism and i got experience with making radio, which is related to thing category for sure. You must make in the future an small list on an paper of stuff what you want to say. Try to say less eh and talk more directly to the point. I guess you had your questions on an paper, but try to ask through about some things that are interesting for the community. I think you got an good radio voice, but we cant hear it good, cause your record stuff is not of an good quality.

But, i like the interview, and i find it nice of CA that they are making time for you guys to make an pod cast.

And Prahraoh, how you can be ''meh'' about the podcast. Ive you dont like podcasts than simply dont lissen to it..

+ rep for the one who make the podcast! who made it actualy ?

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Diglytron View Post
    few points of critique. I study Journalism and i got experience with making radio, which is related to thing category for sure. You must make in the future an small list on an paper of stuff what you want to say. Try to say less eh and talk more directly to the point. I guess you had your questions on an paper, but try to ask through about some things that are interesting for the community. I think you got an good radio voice, but we cant hear it good, cause your record stuff is not of an good quality.

But, i like the interview, and i find it nice of CA that they are making time for you guys to make an pod cast.

And Prahraoh, how you can be ''meh'' about the podcast. Ive you dont like podcasts than simply dont lissen to it..

+ rep for the one who make the podcast! who made it actualy ?
    I made it with Leonidas. He brings his voice and company while I edit and post it.

And thank you for the criticism, I need it so I can improve. About the quality I do not actually have any expensive gear. I bought a stand alone mic for 120 Norwegian kroner and use Evear as my Skype recorder. Also Skype is Skype. I invest time but I am not ready yet to invest money into this project. I do not have the funds to do so. This is not an excuse but more of an explanation that we work with what we have.

We wrote things down and we followed them but I think the meh-ing was more because we put some at the moment questions to fill in some more and also we had not really rehearsed before we called Jack Lusted. And the fact that I was a little nervous about the whole thing didn't help. Next time it will go a lot smoother since it will be a little more planned.

Thanks for listening. It is truly appreciated.

Ok! You can take an look at this.. http://www.nch.com.au/vrs/voxrec.html it is expensive, but there are more ways to get it. And than im not talking about torrenting, a friend of me who has his own little radio studio just asked them, in an formal note and they wanted to suported them. Also you can ask some shops, radio makers in your country, gues you live in Norway cause you talked about Norwegian kroner . There are always people willing to help, everywhere. You got an standalone mic, and i dont think the problem is in that. Mostly its the problem with the recording program. you also can try to use fraps?? Good luck with it, and im looking forward to next edition!

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Diglytron View Post
    Ok! You can take an look at this.. http://www.nch.com.au/vrs/voxrec.html it is expensive, but there are more ways to get it. And than im not talking about torrenting, a friend of me who has his own little radio studio just asked them, in an formal note and they wanted to suported them. Also you can ask some shops, radio makers in your country, gues you live in Norway cause you talked about Norwegian kroner . There are always people willing to help, everywhere. You got an standalone mic, and i dont think the problem is in that. Mostly its the problem with the recording program. you also can try to use fraps?? Good luck with it, and im looking forward to next edition!
    Thank you. I do not think the problem lies in my mic or Audacity which I use to edit and export the podcast. I think (as you said) that the recording program is to blame. I will look into this and try to make a more quality filled show for you. But was it really that bad? I try to listen to parts of it after editing to check if its any good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast