Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: For larger armies: Regiments become 4 battalions submod

Default Re: For larger armies: Regiments become 4 battalions submod

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor View Post
    Yes, it is already incuded as an option in LME 4!
    I am playing with 80 units and I cannot get this mod to work to lower costs. Id like to lower costs for myself and all other AI players so that they can also field 80 unit armies.

I have the mod in the data folder and it is also added to the user script, but my unit costs for say, French Line infantry is still 210 upkeep and about 800 cost. I have also ticked the options in LME4 for this mod but to no avail. =o(

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Failing that, how can I script adding extra funs each turn to all players? Say, 10K per turn to help everyone fund at least one 80 unit army?

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by dfeal View Post
    I am playing with 80 units and I cannot get this mod to work to lower costs. Id like to lower costs for myself and all other AI players so that they can also field 80 unit armies.

I have the mod in the data folder and it is also added to the user script, but my unit costs for say, French Line infantry is still 210 upkeep and about 800 cost. I have also ticked the options in LME4 for this mod but to no avail. =o(

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Failing that, how can I script adding extra funs each turn to all players? Say, 10K per turn to help everyone fund at least one 80 unit army?

TIA!
    Found the reason it isn't working. It is the LM4_Patch.pack. It is overwriting the WolvesLM4_0Mod.pack changes. OK so now the question is; what exactly is in this LM4_patch.pack? If I don't use it (I have removed it from the data folder) what will be the consequences? IOW what does it add that makes it worth keeping? Because, I'd really like to test play the Wolves pack mod.

TIA.

Bumping this question, because I have it too.

Hey guys, I haven't played LME in a long time. I made this submod for LME 2 and I had nothing to do with LME 4. It's still the best NTW mod, but my interests have taken me elsewhere since then.

If there are new units or if there were changes made to units in LME 4 then this mod won't affect them, so you will have units in the game that are edited by this mod and ones that aren't. It will still work for the unchanged LME units that transferred into LME 4. If it's not working at all then it is a load order, if you search the threads you can find where people have posted an example of a working mod load order (I think I did once). I don't want to give you the wrong advice as it has been such a long time since I made this mod and it was my first foray into any modding, so my memory is failing me at the moment as to exact instructions.

If you know how to open mod packs with PFM, then editing unit availability and recruitment costs are fairly simple, there is a tutorial in mod tools I believe.

I am busy with real life and work on another mod for American Civil War, but if I find time I will try to update this for LME 4, no promises.
    Last edited by Wolves In The Throne Room; February 26, 2014 at 03:22 PM.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves In The Throne Room View Post
    Hey guys, I haven't played LME in a long time. I made this submod for LME 2 and I had nothing to do with LME 4. It's still the best NTW mod, but my interests have taken me elsewhere since then.

If there are new units or if there were changes made to units in LME 4 then this mod won't affect them, so you will have units in the game that are edited by this mod and ones that aren't. It will still work for the unchanged LME units that transferred into LME 4. If it's not working at all then it is a load order, if you search the threads you can find where people have posted an example of a working mod load order (I think I did once). I don't want to give you the wrong advice as it has been such a long time since I made this mod and it was my first foray into any modding, so my memory is failing me at the moment as to exact instructions.

If you know how to open mod packs with PFM, then editing unit availability and recruitment costs are fairly simple, there is a tutorial in mod tools I believe.

I am busy with real life and work on another mod for American Civil War, but if I find time I will try to update this for LME 4, no promises.

Excellent mod mate & hope you can find the time to update it. Good luck with the American Civil War mod.

Domesticus

Hello everyone!

Great sub-mod!

I hope you update the sub-mod for version 4.2.

It was what I was looking, regiments divided into battalions.

Si it doesn't work with LME 4.2? This is why I have problems Is it possible to do the work Wolves did with Pack File Manager? Which pack to edit?

Could anyone please help me with changing the the army size to 40 units I cannot find the saved games files for the life of me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

started a french campaign , many units don t get the lower upkeep

Does anyone still have the download link?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234