Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the mod dead?

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Is the mod dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkhal View Post
    My own view of it is that the Bible is a historical document BUT it isn't something that can just be read like that and be expected to deliver an objective of what actually happened. Primarily the Bible is in my eyes a theological text that concerns itself with theological issues and does for not take much interest in economical factors that can explain many decisions. I would think they have a more selective approach to historical events.
    YES. The bible is a primary source (from that time) and it is written by someone (even if it is the words of god, it doesn't necessarily mean that no one attempted to change it). Therefore, it contains one aspect or point of view. I personally dont agree because I have no other sources to compare.... Lets take Babylon as an example. It is mentioned in the bible, we have MANY archaeological evidences, books from that time and books from this age. So, I know for sure that Babylonians existed and it is not an exaggerated tribe or sumthing.

I hope u get my point cuz I cant put this into words right now... just cant... but I am not questioning the Accuracy of the bible. I am questioning the bias. Yes, the bias. I cannot rely on one opinion as a sufficient evidence REGARDLESS of it's accuracy. I need a babylonian evidence, some greek documents, assyrian or whatever to compare these different biases and sum up a balanced history. I want to see different biases to really feel their power and place myself in their position at that time. I know this because, primary sources (written at that time) are eyewitness which means that it has strong emotions more than secondary (written after the incident based on several primary sources). I want MY own conclusion that is sumed up from the bible, greek document, babylonian/assyrian/sumerian paper or tablets.

you could have probably known about all these things but sadly records from that time are really hard to find, im not sure about other cultures but Persians wrote/carved on stone walls so they are a little more durable but its not like they wrote a history book, its all accounts of "this valley belongs to this kings and here he is buried" and etc.
    maybe the Library of Alexandria had documents concerning that era but the romans ing burned it...

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    maybe the Library of Alexandria had documents concerning that era but the romans ing burned it...
    they do that a lot... its not a first

well.. hopefully u guyz will be able to find a variety of sources

well.. hopefully u guyz will be able to find a variety of sources
    No worries there. There's pleny of inscriptions and clay tablets from Mesopotamia, the Levant and Egypt that will provide us with primary sources. I can't talk for sure about Anatolia but I would be very suprised if there weren't a fair degree of sources from that areas as well.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

I hope this mod isn't dead, since this currently is the only mod covering this time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkhal View Post
    I can't talk for sure about Anatolia but I would be very surprised if there weren't a fair degree of sources from that areas as well.
    I would think there would at least be records from the Hittites and the Lydians. Not sure about anyone else though.

Well there are Luwian inscriptions so there's another, and it was used pretty extensively in Anatolia to my understanding. As well as Hattian, but that probably won't be of much use to us as its much earlier.
    Last edited by Gurkhal; September 26, 2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: gb

some news uploaded newest modfolder in dev and now need a coder to work, cause basically coding is left
    disclaimer: of course other areas need some tweaks and finishing touches as well

Quote Originally Posted by THE IBERIAN View Post
    some news uploaded newest modfolder in dev and now need a coder to work, cause basically coding is left
    disclaimer: of course other areas need some tweaks and finishing touches as well
    cool.. keep up the good work

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

...good to hear the work is going on...wishing the best to the whole team...

Stephan's Avatar Campidoctor

guys please stop asking if this mod is dead. it is NOT!!

you are assuming right, we are not making as much progress as we did at the beginning but most of the units are finished so a huge part is done. the coding is the next thing to do, that takes a lot of time and is quite borng but it is important too. you guys have to be patient.

Yes, I know that Ishtar is spelled wrong

Patience isn't the issue, it's the fact that very little information on its continuation is given..

Im glad the mod is still going on!

wow you guys have done all the units? impressive...
    will Persia be playable?

Stephan's Avatar Campidoctor

no, at least not at first. it will be an emergent faction in the main campaign. however we plan a second campaign starting at 600 bc were persia will be playable

Yes, I know that Ishtar is spelled wrong

dragonsign's Avatar International Brigade

We will survive!

I'm glad this mod is still alive. I love, love, love the concept behind it and the fact that you guys are sticking to it in spite of getting bogged down is pretty awesome. Can't wait for this one to finally drop.

so ween can we play this mod ?

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

When it's done.
    Last edited by Princess Cadance; February 15, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
    "Sing to the LORD a new song;sing to the LORD, all the earth."-Psalm 96:1
    "A true man hates no one."-Napoleon Bonaparte

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    will Persia be playable?
    elam is the predecessor to persia.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast