Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.3 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible] - 11-Dec: minor update

That did it. Thanks!

Civis

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.3 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible] - 11-Dec: minor update

the alied alies script should give automatic millitary acces as well. Simple any kind of alliances betwen the AI factions should give them a millitary acces as well.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

I don't know about "should". It is a matter of opinion. But the point is moot: military access can't be scripted.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    I don't know about "should". It is a matter of opinion. But the point is moot: military access can't be scripted.
    oh NO, its so bad, ah...

Civis

oh and I had almost forget, the alied invade against dunland works well just when u click ctrl+I those diplomant on the nomans land write sometimes Rhun something nothing if they was managed to attack dunland.
    It is just an estetics problem.

This is MOS I take it? Sounds like a trait problem: let the MOS team know about it.

Civis

Yeah MOS.

Lord Cunami's Avatar Tiro

Hello

Thank you for the mod.

My question: Do I install just the latest version 1.8.3 or do I need to install 1.6.1 first.

Thank you

You are most welcome.

Fair question. I often have multiple versions available for my submods, for various reasons. If one was a patch of another - so requires the other - then I'd make that very clear. I don't think that any of my submods have 'patches' at the moment; they are all 'standalone', complete downloads. So no, you do not need 1.6.1.

1.6.1 remains because it has as manual merge option that some might prefer. I considered removing the non-manual-merge version of 1.6.1: it only remains so that people can see how it looks when merged in; a visual check for those using the manual merge.

Sky Walker's Avatar Tiro

Hello. Does this work with Divide and Conquer submod? Thanks for the answer in advance.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell
    No

Making good use of the Mos 1.6.2 version of this as Eriador.
    Truly an essential part of the campaign, imo. The stock CAI is just incapable of managing its relations in a sensible manner.
    In spite of having the ring, and agreeing to all work together, all my fellow races seemed stupidly independent without this. Took me a horde of diplomats and quite a few turns, but I finally have all the good guys playing nicely together, though, I'm not really seeing a lot of aggressive action against the baddies yet.
    Also, its unfortunate that the High elves seem to be shut out of the game since Gundabad and OotMM went belly up. They are sponsored to invade, but as noted in the OP, they do nothing if not bordering their chosen enemy (mordor). Bloody lazy Elrond!

I guess the only way to get them involved would be to gift them a territory bordering mordor? Would they then send troops there and take a more active role, or would it just stagnate?

+1 Rep. for an awesome mod!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Best TATW submod of them all IMO ^^

From the OP under the section "Ally Invade":
    Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar
    Also, from what I have seen in my testing, the two factions must be neighbours otherwise the command is simply ignored: they will not actually invade.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Best TATW submod of them all IMO ^^

From the OP under the section "Ally Invade":
    Yup, that seems to be correct. In my game the high elves don't border Mordor, and even though they have been sponsored to attack for about 10 turns, they have made no moves outside their borders.
    I'm wondering if I were to gift them a territory next to a Mordorian one, would they send over some armies to attack?
    Would they need to have a corridor of their own lands or would it be enough to just give them Military access?

I have a feeling I'm going to need all the help I can get!
    Even with the stack spam reduced in MOS1.6.2, hordes are still spewing out of the black gates.

I'm wondering if I were to gift them a territory next to a Mordorian one, would they send over some armies to attack?
    Would they need to have a corridor of their own lands or would it be enough to just give them Military access?
    They might. If it is too far for them then maybe try giving them one a bit closer to their home and see if they move into there. Then another one closer to Mordor, etc. Rather than a corridor, a few 'waypoints'. I would give them military access: it certainly wouldn't hurt.

EDIT: oh, I see: give them a border with Mordor WHILE Ally Invade is activated for them. Can't say that I've tried it but I'd be interested in hearing whether it worked.
    Last edited by Withwnar; March 10, 2014 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    EDIT: oh, I see: give them a border with Mordor WHILE Ally Invade is activated for them. Can't say that I've tried it but I'd be interested in hearing whether it worked.
    I'll give it a try and let you know how it works out.
    If it can draw them into the fight it will be a major bonus!
    This is the first time I've made extensive use of your diplomacy tools and I must commend you on a job very well done.
    It was a bit confusing at first (a 'for dummies' tutorial would be a great help), but once you get the hang it seems to work very well.
    Gondor are going at the Haradhrim, and the Dwarves and Dale are hammering the Rhunites, which leaves me (Arnor) to bleed Mordor. Now if I can only get the elves in the fight, there will be hope!

I must commend you on a job very well done
    Thank you for saying so and for the rep comment. I have added a walkthrough example to the OP.

Nice walkthrough. Much clearer!

Hi, first of all I wanted to thank you for this awensome mod .
    Now, moving on to the question at hand, do you know if it works with leo's 4.6 Alternative Patch?
    Thanks in advance.

Withwnar, would it be possible to take the mechanic from the ferry script and use it to make a mountain crossing for frodo, a transport hub near minas morgul that would move him to the other side of the mountains of shadow. Then he would make his way to mount doom. I have tried to make my personal mod nearly unwinnable for the good factions but the allied armies need to be enough of a distraction that frodo can get to minas morgul, and through mordor to stand by mount doom for a couple turns. Thanks