Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8 (forced diplomacy, taking allied forts, allied allies, Osgiliath Ferry) [3.2 compatible] - new feature: Ally Invade: force allies to invade other factions

I am sorry for double posting. I have lame internetz and got some error.
    Last edited by ppetrus; October 20, 2012 at 09:06 AM.

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.2 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible] - 17-Oct: minor update

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Ally Rewards:
    I think that money would be the best reward. The player can then decide whether to spend that on the units of his choosing or on something else entirely. I would also prefer not to have TD reliant on the existence of specific units (which could disappear in other submods/compilations and future TATW versions).

I help out my allies all of the time and I find that it is its own reward, both in interest and long term strategy for my own faction. But it can be a very expensive pursuit.

I would need to think about this though. I'm not sure if script can know whether a city was gifted to another faction or sold to them; if it was sold then the player would be getting a double reward. As for invading an ally's enemy: in my experience my ally's enemies are typically the same as my enemies, so this would mean rewarding myself for attacking my own enemies. I take it that you mean only when invading one that is not already the player's enemy?

World Domination:
    So, basically, the ability to destroy a faction without going to war with them? I see where you're coming from but I wouldn't be interested in doing this one. I mean, you say "become part of his empire" but what it really means is kicking the characters and armies out of that land (killing them actually) and taking ownership of the region. Unless you mean that those characters and armies should join the player's faction? Possible, to an extent, but I believe that only those units that are in both factions' rosters will be transferred over; this effectively means that no units will, or very few.
    Hello, Withwnar. Sorry I have not replied, did not have time and then I forgot about it.

So, in my case it is exactly opposite - I am more interested in a script that destroys an idle faction. I would like to think about it as of "disbandind". E.g. Peoples of Eridador took their arms to defend their borders but as soon as their elvish allies defeated all their enemies, they disbanded their forces and returned to working in the fields, leaving the military infrastructure to elves for them to do with it as they like. Dalesmen defeated Rhun, Elves took the orcs out and thus Dwarves could get underground digging for treasures and leaving their cities to their allies. A little bit naive, I know but it is not that much against common sense (big, active nations often joins idle, collapsing ones) nor lore (elves are decadent, dwarves do not give a F, and men are often incapable). So it is not about armies, it is about provinces and how to annect them without war.

Is that would be much work? I am not a scripter but I wonder if I learn a bit, would I be able to do it myself?

Nonethless, I like your mod very much even without implementing my suggestions. Great work, thanks.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.2 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible] - 17-Oct: minor update

If you want to play around with it yourself then the script you're after would be something like this...

Code:
    monitor_event ShortcutTriggered ShortcutTriggered radar dec_scale 

give_everything_to_faction egypt turks true

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    This goes into campaign_script.txt and is not save game compatible.

Play as Eriador and then press F3 anytime to trigger it: they will now own all High Elves regions and possibly some of their generals etc.

"true" shows a "faction destroyed" message; "false" does not.

Of course, F3 is just for testing. Proper conditions would need to be used in the real thing.

If you want help with it then probably best to create a thread here. The folks there - including myself - are happy to help.

Thank you, sir. I am afraid it would be too hard for me but I may want to try myself in it in future.

Quote Originally Posted by ppetrus View Post
    Thank you, sir. I am afraid it would be too hard for me but I may want to try myself in it in future.
    All it takes is a first step, don't be afraid to play with it. What is the worst that can happen? You may have to reinstall your game! Here is a link to the tutorial section:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=92488#mapping

I have spent many hours there and will spend many more, but so far the results have been worth it.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; October 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM.

I lost plenty of time on simple modelling and it have not gave any fruits so I am just afraid of loosing more time in vain. But sure, winter is coming (lol) and I may have more time to spare.

But another thing is, that if Overhaul is going to keep its word and release Baldur's Gate EE in 5 weeks, all my spare time (and plenty of what is not spare) will be reserved to take care over a miniature giant space hamster.

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

I found out why the price for using forced diplomacy with allies were so high. There is a small side effect where the first building and unit/agent you have cued in every holding that has been stalled because of lack of funds start to build and you as the player pays for it. It can be used to build all the expensive buildings you cant afford right away but my guess it that it is a small bug. I think as you get the Diplo money the cued items gets build for those money leaving you in debt. I see very few reasons for the bribe as you can just ask for a settlement and pay with map info. I guess if you need some generals maybe but it certainly gets expensive fast or you can't have cues.
    I watch and Learn

Thanks for that. I'll have rethink about the bonus money. It was intended for bribing characters not settlements.

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

Thanks for that. I'll have rethink about the bonus money. It was intended for bribing characters not settlements.
    NP it has to be said that I play with MOS and it is the version in that I experienced it. I think it will be the same for vanilla or other mod comps but just so you know the facts.
    It can also be used quite gamey as money quickly becomes no issue because you just force a diplomacy and viola all your settlements produce units and build buildings regardless of your current economy.
    Just a heads up for those that use this for hotseat.
    I watch and Learn

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.3 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible] - 11-Dec: minor update

v1.8.3 released.

The only significant change is the removal of Forced Diplomacy's money bonus, to avoid the problem that SirEyeball pointed out above. Thanks again, SirEyeball.

Piboleon's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.3 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible] - 11-Dec: minor update

Hi! I use MOS 1.41, but the keys for TD don't work. I press shift + D etc. but nothing happens. The only thing that works is forced diplomacy pressing the help button in the diplomacy scroll. I play with a laptop, maybe is that the problem... Could you help me?

Are the TD keys listed in the scroll when you show Help (F1)? If not then maybe you have not deleted keys.dat. It is in {TATW}\Preferences or perhaps (Vista/Win7) under the virtual store, something like C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\Preferences.

I can't think why a laptop would prevent SHIFT+D from working.

Are the TD keys listed in the scroll when you show Help (F1)? If not then maybe you have not deleted keys.dat. It is in {TATW}\Preferences or perhaps (Vista/Win7) under the virtual store, something like C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\Preferences.

I have only a file called "advice" in that folder...

But actually the TD keys aren't listed in the Help (F1) scroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Piboleon View Post
    But actually the TD keys aren't listed in the Help (F1) scroll.
    Sounds like a keys.dat problem for sure then. It needs to be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Piboleon View Post
    I have only a file called "advice" in that folder...
    Which folder? Did you look in both that I suggested? MOS's mod folder might be named differently to "Third_Age" - I know that it used to be at least - so whatever it is use that instead of "Third_Age" when looking for the folder.

Sounds like a keys.dat problem for sure then. It needs to be deleted.

Which folder? Did you look in both that I suggested? MOS's mod folder might be named differently to "Third_Age" - I know that it used to be at least - so whatever it is use that instead of "Third_Age" when looking for the folder.
    Yes! I looked in a wrong folder! File founded and problem solved, thank you Withwnar!!!

No problemo. Enjoy.

I can't get Ally Invade to work right. I was trying to get Eriador to invade Orcs of Gundabad, but I didn't see any option for Sponsorship on the diplomacy scroll, and when I tried pressing Shift + I, nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?

By the way, yes, I am currently allied with Eriador (playing as Dwarves).

Try the suggestion from the posts before yours. My guess is it's the same issue.