Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, taking allied forts, allied allies) for 3.1 [UPDATE 3-Jun-2012: manual merge added]

A manual merge option has been added to the OP.

Also, this submod is part of Withwnar's Submod Collection.

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, taking allied forts, allied allies) [UPDATE 14-Jun-2012: v1.6.1 - 3.2 compatible]

v1.6.1 released: 3.2 compatible.

No change to Total Diplomacy's content ... just merged into the 3.2 files. The manual merge is the same as v1.6's manual merge.

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.7 (forced diplomacy, taking allied forts, allied allies) [3.2 compatible] - new feature: Osgiliath Ferry

v1.7 released.

This adds a Ferry crossing at Osgiliath, allowing allies to more easily join in the fun in this critical part of the map. Not a permanent land bridge: a temporary ship. The feature can be toggled on and off.

Attachment 234336

It also adds some shortcut keys, including one to reshow the Total Diplomacy overview scroll which has the information on how to begin using the features. So, basically, if you're in the game and can't remember how to use something then just press normal Help (F1) ... that tells you that pressing SHIFT+D shows the Total Diplomacy Help ... and that tells you where to go for each feature.

Allied Allies now uses a key to begin the process. Previously you had to click the Faction Overview's help button.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.7 (forced diplomacy, taking allied forts, allied allies) [3.2 compatible] - new feature: Osgiliath Ferry

Good idea
    Can the agents use the ferry?

Good question! I forgot that the Rammas Echor thing couldn't. Yes, agents can use it.

Oh. Dang, that was a good question. I hadn't considered this... Some units will not be able to use it; those that cannot board ships. Mumakil? Well, that's fair enough. If they can't board a ship then they can hardly board a ferry.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Might nice addition With'

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliį Alė, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8 (forced diplomacy, taking allied forts, allied allies, Osgiliath Ferry) [3.2 compatible] - new feature: Ally Invade: force allies to invade other factions

Hmm, yes, well, that disturbing video aside...

v1.8 released. Ally Invade: force your allies to invade other factions. Continuing on with the theme of improving the working-with-allies experience.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8 (forced diplomacy, taking allied forts, allied allies, Osgiliath Ferry) [3.2 compatible] - new feature: Ally Invade: force allies to invade other factions

I am unable to get the Allied Allies feature to function correctly. I start the process by pressing Shift + A and the intro screen appears. I then select the green check mark to begin the process. I select my first diplomat and have him offer military access and demand 10 gold. After they accept the offer (or decline) I close the diplomacy screen and do not get any event message. I am definitely allied with both factions I am trying to use and they are not at war with each other. Using vanilla TATW v3.2 and TD v1.8. Any ideas?
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Confirmed. Interesting. If it is done the other way around (offer 10 gold, demand military access) then it works.

I also tried:
    demand = money, offer = map --> didn't work
    demand = money + map, offer = trade rights --> worked

And I had already found that demand=money and offer=money doesn't work (as the in-game instructions mention: "exchanging payments/tributes doesn't work").

So, not a thorough test but I suspect that the rule can be simplified to this: if the Demand is only money (Payment or Tribute) then it will not work.

Curious. This suggests that the DiplomacyMission event does not fire if the player is demanding only money.
    Last edited by Withwnar; September 01, 2012 at 12:11 AM.

Thank you for the reply. I can live with it not working if the demand is only payment or tribute as long as it is made clear in the instructions, especially if it doesn't have to be accepted.

I am sorry to have encountered this, but glad this valuable addition can still be used. Many users demand a coalition of forces and this is a good solution, allowing them the ability to create them as they see fit. At least this is how I see this being used.

I have updated the in-game instructions to mention this 'rule'. They will be present in the next release, whenever that may be. Meanwhile I have updated the instructions in the OP.

It is good that you did encounter it. At least now we all know about the limitation. It always struck me as odd about money exchanges not working. Anyway, thanks for reporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    Many users demand a coalition of forces and this is a good solution, allowing them the ability to create them as they see fit. At least this is how I see this being used.
    Precisely. It is intended as an optional tool to form alliances between whatever factions you like, whenever you like, so long as they are your allies.

Personally, working with my fellow good factions against the common enemy is far more interesting than going it alone to conquer Middle-earth. That is the point of Total Diplomacy's tools, or their motivation at least. Though not restricted to just the good factions, of course.

nice work man this is a awesomee submod.
    United we stand interenets! Nerdfighter.
    Warcraft Total War!
    Help Save a Wonderful mod that could
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273449
    You guys should register for the golden Symbol of Forum Oppression http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/89425f5ce60

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just saw Ally Invade, I sounds very good!
    A thing I've been missing

Thanks Araval. I must say that I'm a bit surprised by the lack of interest: I think it is a significant feature. I have always wanted something that would let me tell an ally to assault a specific settlement. Alas, that is not possible (apart from Crusade/Jihad) so this is the next best thing.

I have always found the standard "Attack Faction" diplomacy demand to be largely useless. It might result in Faction A invading Faction B but it could just as well only result in Faction A fighting one battle against a Faction B army.

Ally Invade is a whole different thing. It is saying "Faction A you have one objective: start conquering Faction B's regions and don't stop until I say so". It is potentially dangerous for Faction A and of course there is nothing to say that they will succeed at taking any settlements.

@Wowwars
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Withwnar; September 03, 2012 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Thanks Araval. I must say that I'm a bit surprised by the lack of interest: I think it is a significant feature. I have always wanted something that would let me tell an ally to assault a specific settlement. Alas, that is not possible (apart from Crusade/Jihad) so this is the next best thing.

I have always found the standard "Attack Faction" diplomacy demand to be largely useless. It might result in Faction A invading Faction B but it could just as well only result in Faction A fighting one battle against a Faction B army.

Ally Invade is a whole different thing. It is saying "Faction A you have one objective: start conquering Faction B's regions and don't stop until I say so". It is potentially dangerous for Faction A and of course there is nothing to say that they will succeed at taking any settlements.

@Wowwars
    Thanks.
    I will test this out in the latest MOS 1.3 to make sure this feature is working. We are also in the process of making a script description list which can be printed out. It will feature all the all the Total Diplomacy scripts as well as many others. It will give a brief description of what it is and how to implement it. MOS, for example uses so many different scripts it is hard to keep track of them all while playing! So hopefully this will help players use more of what the game offers. Great work by the way, please keep it up.

Edit: Withnar can you please explain how to set up a "sponsorship?" Thank you.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; September 03, 2012 at 08:43 AM.

As far as I know MOS only has Total Diplomacy v1.7, not v1.8 which has the Ally Invade feature.

As the OP says...

As of v1.7, pressing SHIFT+D will show the "Total Diplomacy" info scroll which points you in the right direction for using any feature.
    If that scroll doesn't mention Ally Invade then you have only v1.7. If it does mention it then it will tell you what to do.

Thank you much for the shift D key , MOS is using Total Diplomacy v1.8. Have gotten Dale to attack Rhun, one note though, is it normal that whenever I click on one of my units not in a settlement that the "Ally Invade" cancel this sponsorship? message appears?

TD was broken in MOS and the link to v1.7 was not available at the time. (GF issues). Not knowing if it would be restored, used the v1.8 files which had previously been downloaded.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

No, i canīt see the option "ally invade" in MOS.. And i downloaded the 1.25 version i think. It seems to have the 1.7 version .
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 04, 2012 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    is it normal that whenever I click on one of my units not in a settlement that the "Ally Invade" cancel this sponsorship? message appears?
    I don't have this problem with vanilla. It might be a MOS merging issue.

I'll be in touch with Stylix regarding a MOS version of 1.8: one that will also work for the added factions.