Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts, allied allies) 2.1+MOS [UPDATE 10-Sep: v1.5] ... Rammas Echor demo movie added

Hello there everyone,

First post and i wanted to ask a question. I play with Baron's Mod Compilation and use the Total diplomacy script in my campaigns. I have a problem though. After executing the steps to activate Total Diplomacy ( click for the advisor to pop up, hit show me how ) the mod still is on for future diplomatic contacts as well. Here is a random example :

Play as Dale, open diplomacy scroll with the dwarves. Use the diplomacy script and ask them to give me Erebor for just map information. Everything works perfectly. The next round though, if i do the same without activating the script through the advisor, the dwarves will still accept ridiculous demands. It makes the campaign really dubious. If i ask for a ceasefire the enemy will give it to me even though the offer is thought to be very demanding. Do i do something wrong ? By the way, i have re-installed the game 2 more times just to test this and nothing works (deactivated UAC, cleaned registry etc). This happens both on the steam and the standard version of the game. Could someone help ?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts, allied allies) 2.1+MOS [UPDATE 10-Sep: v1.5] ... Rammas Echor demo movie added

This was from a PM, answered here for general consumption...

Quote Originally Posted by minorswing
    Hey, could you please help me with something ?

I have the baron mashedi's compilation and ofcourse using your total diplomacy script. There is a problem though.Everything works perfectly when i activate it ( show me how button etc) and any ridiculous demand will be accepted. But when i have another diplomatic contact, even though i don't reactivate the script, the other factions still accepts anything i propose.

For example :

Round 2
    I am Dale. I send a diplomat to erebor, i press the " ? " button, i press the show me how button and then offer the dwarves map information in exchange of erebor itself. They accept.

Round 3
    I reopen the diplomacy scroll with the dwarves and i offer something ridiculous again. I offer them 100 gp got all their regions. Normally this shouldnt be accepted since i didn't activate the script (show me how button). But it does.

Everything after the first usage of the script is like this. It is really annoying since it just feels like cheating. I am at war with Rhun, offer the ceasefire which is very demanding and they barely accept again.

I have re-installed the game 2 times to "fix" this. Clean installations, with clean registry and ran as administrator. It is the 3.1 version of tatw
    Firstly let me say that Total Diplomacy has not been upgraded to 3.x so I have no idea if there are any issues with it in a 3.1 environment. I wouldn't be surprised if Rammas Echor and Allied Forts have problems. Baron's compilation is for 3.1 of course; whether he has modified its TD in any way to suit 3.1 I don't know.

In answer to your problem: you are absolutely correct. This seems to be a bug even in the 2.1 base version. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll fix it and release an update, though it won't be save game compatible and Baron and MOS will need to update at some point too.

I wonder how everybody has missed this so far, including me.

@minorswing (and all)
    Please don't PM me with submod questions. They are best asked in the thread so that others with the same question can see/find it. That way it only needs to be asked - and answered - once. Welcome to the forums. (Publicly posting a PM - as I have done - isn't the done thing either but it was harmless in this case I believe.)

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Baron's removed at least Rammas Echor passage and maybe Allied forts. I think it's in the changelog

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    This was from a PM, answered here for general consumption...

Firstly let me say that Total Diplomacy has not been upgraded to 3.x so I have no idea if there are any issues with it in a 3.1 environment. I wouldn't be surprised if Rammas Echor and Allied Forts have problems. Baron's compilation is for 3.1 of course; whether he has modified its TD in any way to suit 3.1 I don't know.

In answer to your problem: you are absolutely correct. This seems to be a bug even in the 2.1 base version. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll fix it and release an update, though it won't be save game compatible and Baron and MOS will need to update at some point too.

I wonder how everybody has missed this so far, including me.

@minorswing (and all)
    Please don't PM me with submod questions. They are best asked in the thread so that others with the same question can see/find it. That way it only needs to be asked - and answered - once. Welcome to the forums. (Publicly posting a PM - as I have done - isn't the done thing either but it was harmless in this case I believe.)
    Thank you for checking and answering my question. I apologize for not sticking to the rules/etiquette. Got a bit too impatient and greedy. Anyway, this submod really is one of the most useful ones and makes the campaign game more fun to play. Thanks again

No problem. I saw that it was your first post so you might not know the etiquette.

I'm glad that you like it, thanks for saying so.

Bug Fix:

Okay, a 3.1 compatible version is going to take some time. For now just the bug fix.

Drop the attached file into Third Age's data\scripts\show_me folder, overwriting the one already there.

It is save game compatible.

When you activate Forced Diplomacy in a diplomacy session it will remain active for the rest of that session. It is deactivated when the scroll closes; only reactivated when you activate it yourself. i.e. As it should have worked in the first place.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Diplomacy is so great with this submod

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

You are the best, Withwar. It now works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by killersmurf View Post
    Baron's removed at least Rammas Echor passage and maybe Allied forts. I think it's in the changelog
    Now I see why. Rammas Echor are no longer forts eh? Well that's good news for the AI path finding.

Obviously this makes Rammas Echor Passage totally pointless now so it will be taken out of the next version. A great deal of work went into that. Hopefully some people got use out of it while it lasted.

Icon1 Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts, allied allies) 2.1+MOS [UPDATE 10-Sep: v1.5] ... Rammas Echor demo movie added

Now I see why. Rammas Echor are no longer forts eh? Well that's good news for the AI path finding.

Obviously this makes Rammas Echor Passage totally pointless now so it will be taken out of the next version. A great deal of work went into that. Hopefully some people got use out of it while it lasted.
    Withwnar: I wonder, could the AI path finding problem associated with the Rammas Echor be fixed by making the north and east gates into castles? The north gate could have all the territory north to north-east of the Rammas Echor, with the east gate covering the rest of the territory east to the river.

I don't really know anything about pathfinding. But I'm not sure how that would be any improvement over forts. Oh, I see, the AI would see a castle as the neighbouring region and attack, rather than trying to negotiate through forts to get to MT. Yeah maybe. The problem is also letting agents and allies through to MT which this wouldn't fix.

Icon1 Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts, allied allies) 2.1+MOS [UPDATE 10-Sep: v1.5] ... Rammas Echor demo movie added

Withwnar: I never really liked the Rammas Echor anyway. The fact that an army can pass between it and the Anduin renders it pretty useless defensive wall. Gondor should sue the architect, and get their money back.

It's a bit irrelevant now, but if they were castles, instead of forts, you could use the ‘capture_settlement’ command to give the player one of the gates, if they want to get too or passed Minas Tirith.

It is still creating three choke points which can be useful I think. And that architect is probably long dead, all his money spent on a hedonistic retirement. I love the look and novelty of the Rammas Echor and it's great to see such a piece of lore architecture on the campaign map. So far as defending against enemies the forts work well. It is agents and allies that suffer from it.

Yes, that's true. Forts are really hard to script for. If only they could be named like settlements.

Another solution could be to keep the forts but have a gap in the wall next to each one. The enemy zone of control would at least slow down enemies if they chose not to attack the fort itself but still let agents (of any faction) and military-access-allies through. It would suit the lore quite well (I think) in that the wall was in disrepair and while it could be used as a defensive line to some extent (some kind of garrison) in reality this was impractical due to the size of it and all of its weak spots (gaps).
    Last edited by Withwnar; January 08, 2012 at 01:19 AM.

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, taking allied forts, allied allies) for 3.1 [UPDATE 26-Jan-2012 v1.6]

A 3.1 compatible version has been released.

• Rammas Echor Passage has been removed.
    • The Forced Diplomacy bug has been fixed.
    • Allied Forts has been updated with all of the changes to forts in 3.1: many new ones, changes to locations of old ones and the removal of the Rammas Echor ones.

So say farewell to the Guides of the Rammas Echor - did anybody use them?

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, taking allied forts, allied allies) for 3.1 [UPDATE 26-Jan-2012 v1.6]

A 3.1 compatible version has been released.

• Rammas Echor Passage has been removed.
    • The Forced Diplomacy bug has been fixed.
    • Allied Forts has been updated with all of the changes to forts in 3.1: many new ones, changes to locations of old ones and the removal of the Rammas Echor ones.

So say farewell to the Guides of the Rammas Echor - did anybody use them?
    Great work mate

Kicking ass as always.

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Thanks Dave.

I wrote a little tool to help generate the script so in future this can be painlessly updated with any changes to factions or forts. Meaning: faster releases.

Louis XVI's Avatar Campidoctor

Can I use this in hotseat or is it he same story as with Baron Samedi.

I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work in hotseat.

I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work in hotseat.
    ...except...

I expect that the Allied Allies "success/failure" processing and its notification will appear at the start of the next player faction's turn instead of for the faction that performed it.

Withnar, great mod. I wanted some of the things included in BS mod compilation, but not have to wait through the long waiting times, nor worry about CTD´s. Sor far this mod has worked like a charm. Many thanks.