Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts, allied allies) 2.1+MOS [UPDATE 10-Sep: v1.5] ... Rammas Echor demo movie added

Aaah, the classic diplomatic "I have an army - obey"-picture composition. Makes a twisted mind all cosy ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts, allied allies) 2.1+MOS [UPDATE 10-Sep: v1.5] ... Rammas Echor demo movie added

It's supposed to be more like "we both have armies, let's work together with diplomacy". But it's hard to do with such a small picture area and limited image resources. After many hours it was case of "good enough, that'll do".

I was thinking of making alternatives for evil; perhaps a fist instead of a diplomacy scroll. And using Mordor and Harad as the armies.

Here are some more...
    Last edited by Withwnar; September 11, 2011 at 05:24 AM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Out of those alternatives, in case it was how you've done, your choise was the best.
    An evil version would be cute, or it might seem a "good" feat. rather than a script for everyone

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

An evil version would be cute, or it might seem a "good" feat. rather than a script for everyone
    My thoughts exactly. Playing as evil it would be nice to have evil-related piccies. Well if someone wants it then they can ask. Otherwise I won't waste my time.

Hi Withwnar. Exactly what I was looking for. What a fantastic idea!

Am playing this with the MOS submod, and am failing at getting the advisor to pop up. I press on the ? icon and nothing happens. I tried setting advice level in the campaign to low (from none) but that doesn't seem to have done anything either. Any ideas?

Thanks. Which part are you trying to use? Forced Diplomacy?

I just tried it with Dale and it seems to be working okay. That was in MOS 6.11.

EDIT: this was a problem in MOS 6.0. Fixed in 6.1 I believe.
    Last edited by Withwnar; September 16, 2011 at 10:05 AM.

Yes Forced Diplomacy. I was playing 6.14 (ie the latest fix). Is it possible it was somehow broken again?

Possibly. Try asking in the MOS thread to see if it works for anyone else.

I now have MOS 6.14 and it is working for me, but this was installed over the top of 6.11. i.e. 6.0 + 6.1 + 6.11 + 6.14.

If you installed 6.0 + 6.1 + 6.14 then it should work fine. You might need to run Cleaner again to make sure that it is actually deleting the files. Not sure if that would be the cause though.

If you have installed anything in between (6.12? 6.13?) then it's possible that they introduced a problem that 6.14 is not fixing. I can't tell; those patches are no longer available for download. I somehow doubt it but you never know.

For it to work you only need these things...

data\export_descr_advice.txt:
    Code:
    ;###################### Total Diplomacy ##############################

;------------------------------------------
    AdviceThread tdp_diplomacy_help_clicked_thread
        GameArea Campaign

Item tdp_diplomacy_help_clicked_Text_01
            Uninhibitable
            Verbosity  0 
            Priority  0 
            Threshold  1 
            MaxRepeats  0 
            RepeatInterval  1 
            Attitude Normal
            Presentation Default
            Title tdp_diplomacy_help_clicked_Text_01_Title
    				Script scripts/show_me/TotalDiplomacy.txt
            Text tdp_diplomacy_help_clicked_Text_01_Text1
    and, further down:
    Code:
    ;###################### Total Diplomacy ##############################

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger tdp_diplomacy_help_clicked_trigger
        WhenToTest ScrollAdviceRequested

Condition ScrollAdviceRequested diplomacy_scroll

AdviceThread tdp_diplomacy_help_clicked_thread  1
    data\text\export_advice.txt:

Code:
    {tdp_diplomacy_help_clicked_Text_01_Title}Total Diplomacy
    {tdp_diplomacy_help_clicked_Text_01_Text1}Clicking the "Show me how" button will ...
    and a file named data\scripts\show_me\TotalDiplomacy.txt.

If any of these are missing then they can be added in and be save game compatible. See the "generic M2TW" link under the title in the OP for instructions.
    Last edited by Withwnar; September 18, 2011 at 02:13 AM.

Thanks Withwnar! Will check and report back!

Any luck deguerra?

Hey Withwnar,

Hadn't actually fired up the game again, but thanks for checking back. Have just gone through them and those entries are definitely there in my files.

I have noticed some other oddities with my install which leads me to believe it might be faulty though. I'm not really sure what would cause this not to work, but it might be related. I'll do a complete reinstall and let you know how I go.

But I think it's fairly safe to say from others reporting back that the issue is with my install only.

No worries deguerra. Yep, sounds like an installation problem.

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

great feature mate, +rep

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    great feature mate, +rep
    I can only agree! I tried it and it works perfectly. Most definitely a must have for every TATW-player! Especially the forced diplomacy-feature (I also used to play with this feature in the past in RTW-mods) is handy for ''noobs'', role playing-players, etc.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Just to come back. It works. And it doesn't.

In a singleplayer campaign, if I enter diplomacy and hit the "?" button, the advisor pops up momentarily but not long enough to actually read anything. That said, if I then make an outrageous offer it is accepted, so I can only assume all is (fairly) well.

However, I often play hotseat campaigns (by myself), and in these the advisor still does not pop up at all, and I cannot get offers to be accepted. This may well be WAD, but I just wanted to mention it.

Thanks for the help and attention Withwnar, and I can only agree, great feature!

Quote Originally Posted by deguerra View Post
    if I enter diplomacy and hit the "?" button, the advisor pops up momentarily but not long enough to actually read anything. That said, if I then make an outrageous offer it is accepted, so I can only assume all is (fairly) well.
    Well that is strange. Especially that Forced Diplomacy seems to be working anyway; it should only work after clicking the advisor's Show Me How button.

Sorry deguerra, I have no idea, not without being able to reproduce the problem myself.

Does the Allied Allies advisor behave the same way? Try opening the Faction Summary scroll (the one with the Diplomacy tab) and clicking the help/advise button.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Most definitely a must have for every TATW-player! Especially the forced diplomacy-feature (I also used to play with this feature in the past in RTW-mods) is handy for ''noobs'', role playing-players, etc.
    Thanks guys. My motivation for all of these was to improve the allied factions experience; working together against the common enemy. Personally I am far more interested in that than doing all of the conquering on my own. Especially in TATW.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Well that is strange. Especially that Forced Diplomacy seems to be working anyway; it should only work after clicking the advisor's Show Me How button.

Sorry deguerra, I have no idea, not without being able to reproduce the problem myself.

Does the Allied Allies advisor behave the same way? Try opening the Faction Summary scroll (the one with the Diplomacy tab) and clicking the help/advise button.
    Actually, sorry Withwnar, you are quite correct. The advisor text pops up monentarily, but the the actual advisor stays, so I can (and do have to) click the "Show me how" button. It's just the instructions that never show up.

Will try the other advisor. Any idea regarding the "hotseat" mode? Is there any reason the script would work less in hotseat? Everything else seems to.

I'm still wondering if it is something with my install. I've completely reinstalled TATW and MOS, but for example, my game always crashes during battles involving allied factions.

Great! I'm glad to hear that. From memory the text not appearing might be due to the advisor being set to "voice only". There's a button on the advisor that lets you toggle sound/text.

I don't know much about hotseat and haven't tested this on it. I do recall a recent comment somewhere that you can disable console commands in hotseat (to prevent cheating I expect). The force_diplomacy command is a console command so maybe that's it. It might be the "disable_console" option mentioned here. Could you let me know if you get it working? I'll mention it in the OP.

Allied battle crashes are fairly common in TATW; your install is likely fine.

Ooo shall check that out. I've changed the advisor frequency settings, but not sound. Might be it.

It's def. not that console in general, as I'm using that quite heavily. I am quite curious now though, might try using my vanilla TATW + your mod and see if that works on hotseat. That way we can see if its MOS that the problem.

Will report back (some time).