Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (incl. taking Allied Forts)

Use this to give the fort to another faction? Unfortunately not.

The only thing I can think of is to move out of the fort, move an enemy-of-Dwarves-and-you next to it (move_character console command) and hope that they take it and the Dwarves then take it from them.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    I wonder why nobody has done a M2TW one before; it seems to be a popular thing.

It would be easier for me to make a generic M2TW one than explain how to do it. The force diplomacy bit is fairly simple. The allied fort taking is the tricky part but this is no good for M2TW anyway because forts are buildable and therefore not in fixed, known locations.

Does anybody know who wrote the original Force Diplomacy submod for RTW? Or was it only part of BS2? I was under the impression that it popped up a few times, maybe as a standalone submod as well.
    Well the way the original force diplomacy mod was designed you could pretty much just plop it right into any mod of RTW and it would work IIRC.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

It comes down to what files it will be replacing. There will be two: export_descr_advice and campaign_script. Very minor changes in both but changes nonetheless.

I have had a look at getting it into M2TW. The problem is that there are five environments to target: M2TW, Kingdoms Grand Campaign and the four Kingdoms expansion campaigns. To do all five is not a huge task but it will require me to have the expanded files for each - this will take some time, of which I'm short on at the moment.

I can start with just one: how does Kingdoms Grand Campaign sound? If you're playing TATW, the celt, then you must have Kingdoms and I assume that it is the Grand Campaign you want it for?

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Yeah Kingdoms GC is fine. I just needed to know what files needed changing so I could add it to whatever mod I desired.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

I think that I will do it for that one then, with instructions on how to adapt it to the others.

Here you go the celt: Forced Diplomacy (M2TW/Kingdoms)

May it bring you joy and everlasting "freedom".
    Last edited by Withwnar; July 08, 2011 at 07:23 AM.

Default Re: [UPDATE: Rammas Echor passage!] Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts)

New version released: v1.1 - now with Rammas Echor passage. OP updated.

This way your ally gets to keep his fort but you can pass through. It doesn't solve all of Rammas Echor's 'problems' but at least now YOU can get through.

It isn't save game compatible, even with the previous version.

Default Re: [UPDATE: Rammas Echor passage! + MOS] Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts)

I have added a MOS 5.2 compatible version.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: [UPDATE: Rammas Echor passage! + MOS] Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts)

Awesome, about to start a new campaign anyway, this is a treat
    I have added a MOS 5.2 compatible version.
    EDIT: perhaps you should write it in the Thread-name so people are made aware of such an update?

The new Rammas-ad on seems interesting. May I have one guide for each fort in it or can I have just one guide at the same time?
    Haha, like the need of a diplomat there as it creates the feeling you'r going through a passport control with a lot of bureaucracy ["And bring your lawyer"]

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Glad to hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    perhaps you should write it in the Thread-name so people are made aware of such an update?
    I did. Not clear enough eh? I'll spell it out a bit more.

May I have one guide for each fort in it or can I have just one guide at the same time?
    Each fort gets its own Guide. You can have any number (1, 2 or 3) operating during the same turn. So you could (e.g.) walk in through the north gate and out through the west gate if you wanted to.

Haha, like the need of a diplomat there as it creates the feeling you'r going through a passport control with a lot of bureaucracy ["And bring your lawyer"]
    Yep, all official like. Funny that you mention lawyers. I had an 'incident' during testing where I accidentally spawned a whole bunch of diplomats. I don't know why but it seemed to me like an "army of lawyers" heading my way.

I did. Not clear enough eh? I'll spell it out a bit more.
    Could been me, got a hang over, eyes nor brain at super duper capacity

Each fort gets its own Guide. You can have any number (1, 2 or 3) operating during the same turn. So you could (e.g.) walk in through the north gate and out through the west gate if you wanted to.
    I like Otherwise you risk to get 'locked in' at Pelennor fields, not always that great

Yep, all official like. Funny that you mention lawyers. I had an 'incident' during testing where I accidentally spawned a whole bunch of diplomats. I don't know why but it seemed to me like an "army of lawyers" heading my way.
    That would have been so epic, Aragorns undead Grey Host my ass here comes the real army of might and power (pen and lawbook)

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Otherwise you risk to get 'locked in' at Pelennor fields
    You could use the same Guide to get back out again. They travel both directions, any number of times during the turn. I should add that to the OP. EDIT: done.
    Last edited by Withwnar; July 10, 2011 at 08:22 AM.

Default Re: [UPDATE: Rammas Echor passage! + MOS compatible] Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts)

I assumed I could, but rather meant that enemy armies could block the entrance you came through, then some options would be greatful hehe

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts) [UPDATE - 17 Jul - v1.2 with custom Guide model]

I have released a new version: v1.2, now with a custom model and portrait for the Guide (see the OP).

This will help distinguish him from your armies and makes him seem like a civilian rather than a general. He still has the command stars and the faction banner.

It took some doing but a nice touch I think.

It isn't available for MOS. A new version of MOS is coming out in a few weeks so I'll probably just wait for that.

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts, allied allies) 2.1+MOS [UPDATE 6-Aug: v1.3: ally your allies!]

A new version has been released: v1.3 (see the OP).

This includes something that I have wanted to be able to do for a long time: get my allies to become allies with each other.

It is fairly simplistic at the moment: you choose which two factions and the script will make them allies.

I would like to expand on it more at a later date so that it involves a bit more effort on your part, plus has their standings as a factor in the probability of success. But scripting even this "simplistic" version was time-consuming enough, so that will have to do for now.

EDIT:
    NOTE: this is not save game compatible and is for TATW 2.1 only. It will be included in the upcoming MOS release so I haven't bothered making a MOS-compatible version now. (Thanks Ngugi.)
    Last edited by Withwnar; August 06, 2011 at 06:07 AM.

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts, allied allies) 2.1+MOS [UPDATE 6-Aug: v1.3: ally your allies!]

A new version has been released: v1.3 (see the OP).

This includes something that I have wanted to be able to do for a long time: get my allies to become allies with each other.

It is fairly simplistic at the moment: you choose which two factions and the script will make them allies.

I would like to expand on it more at a later date so that it involves a bit more effort on your part, plus has their standings as a factor in the probability of success. But scripting even this "simplistic" version was time-consuming enough, so that will have to do for now.
    I've just been sitting making a complicated 'break alliance with Isengard-get alliance with Gondor-get allied with Isengard again' manouver just to stop them from fighting each other as all are enemies of Mordor and my Eriador want beated Gondor alive ('cause of roleplay-attitued rather than Arnor) while commander in chief Gandalf really need Sarumans 'evil to fight evil'.
    This update is truly what I've dream about More diplomatic complexity and freedom

Though, not save game compatible I assume?
    Last edited by Ngugi; August 06, 2011 at 06:20 AM.

Hah, yeah, been there done that many times. Very frustrating!

No, not SGC I'm afraid: campaign_script changes never are.

(EDIT: good point, will move "not SGC" text to a more visible place )
    Last edited by Withwnar; August 06, 2011 at 05:55 AM.

For Ngugi, but others might find it useful...

The attached is a MOS 5.2 save game compatible script that will ally Gondor and Isengard.

1. Unzip into Third_Age_SP
    2. Run Cleaner.bat
    3. Load game
    4. Open Faction Overview scroll and click Advise/Help button
    5. Click on Advisor portrait then Show Me button

That should do it. Works for me. But this is targeted at MOS 5.2, not any extra submods (including this Total Diplomacy one) so unzip it into your game's folder at your own peril! i.e. It might break your game unless it is pure MOS 5.2.

If you want to use it for other factions then edit data\scripts\show_me\CustomDiplomacy.txt and change the factions in this line...

Code:
    console_command diplomatic_stance sicily france allied
    ... but the advisor description will still say "Gondor and Isengard".

@ Withwnar
    It worked perfect; utterly handy tool.

Recomend it for anybody who consider tha AI "acts wrong" or that just the limits of M2 diplomacy has to be worked around

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (forced diplomacy, Rammas Echor passage, taking allied forts, allied allies) 2.1+MOS [UPDATE 7-Aug: v1.4: ally your allies!]

I have released v1.4. It is just a minor fix regarding the Guide models, bringing it into line with how it's going to be in the upcoming MOS 6.0.

Once again this is for vanilla only, not MOS.

@Ngugi
    Glad it helped.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast