Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.3 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible] - 11-Dec: minor update

Quote Originally Posted by killer1505 View Post
    Hi, first of all I wanted to thank you for this awensome mod .
    ...do you know if it works with leo's 4.6 Alternative Patch?
    You're welcome.

You can't just drop it into that submod if that's what you mean. With any two submods have a look at what files they contain; if any file is in both then dropping one submod over the other will overwrite the other submod's file(s) and therefore break it.

As far as I know it will work with the Alt Patch but you would need to merge them.

Quote Originally Posted by orclover5 View Post
    Withwnar, would it be possible to take the mechanic from the ferry script and use it to make a mountain crossing for frodo, a transport hub near minas morgul that would move him to the other side of the mountains of shadow.
    The ferry is just a ship on the river. It sounds like you need something more like Secret Forest Trails.

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.3 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible] - 11-Dec: minor update

I tought that was the case, fine then ill start merging the files now. Thanks for the reply .

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

v1.8.4 released.

The change log has details. The only major change is that the Ferry now only appears when its faction is within range of reaching it that turn...

This range should be more than enough, even for cavalry with 100% movement bonus on Invasion/Acharn and top tier roads built everywhere.
    Last edited by Withwnar; November 06, 2014 at 01:38 AM.

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

any hope of a DaC compat version? us DaC players could def use this!

I just spotted a bug so have removed the download link. Will be fixed shortly.

any hope of a DaC compat version?
    I don't make x-compatible releases for my submods.

Default Re: Total Diplomacy (incl. taking Allied Forts)

All fixed. v1.8.4 download link is back up.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    v1.8.4 released.

The change log has details. The only major change is that the Ferry now only appears when its faction is within range of reaching it that turn...

This range should be more than enough, even for cavalry with 100% movement bonus on Invasion/Acharn and top tier roads built everywhere.
    That was neat, a bit weird otherwise honestly

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Yeah, playing High Elves and having this region of the map 'visible' (ship's line of sight) when I haven't expanded out of Lindon yet struck me as odd. It would have a lot sooner if I actually played campaigns.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Is it possible to get this for the Divide & Conquer-submod?

I like all the new factions and stuff!

But would gladly be able to use this in the game.

Not by me, no, as I said four posts ago.

Your response to 1st post is: "MOS version added", but in installation steps there is "This is for vanilla TATW 3.2 only!"​ So simply... is this for MOS too? Thanks for answer ~

Or another way... I know there is Total Diplomacy in MOS, but only Forced Diplomacy and Allied Ally, there is NO Ally Invade, so... is there a way how to "activate" Ally Invade in MOS?

No it isn't for MOS. Post 3 is four years old and a lot has changed since then. OPs might be kept up to date but thread posts can't be relied upon to still be correct. I have fixed post 3 but I usually don't bother.

Ally Invade: short answer: no. It wouldn't be a case of just "activating" it, it would need to be tailored to the MOS factions, map, AI rules and a bunch of other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    No it isn't for MOS. Post 3 is four years old and a lot has changed since then. OPs might be kept up to date but thread posts can't be relied upon to still be correct. I have fixed post 3 but I usually don't bother.

Ally Invade: short answer: no. It wouldn't be a case of just "activating" it, it would need to be tailored to the MOS factions, map, AI rules and a bunch of other things.
    Ok, thanks for answer.

For people like me who came here via search and google:

If you want the Forced Diplomacy portion in your DAC campaign Withnwar wrote an excellent guide I followed to add it in. It appears to be savegame compatible (as in my save works after I used it). Word of warning, while the instructions are clear if you mess up there will probably be errors, so back up things before trying!

Additional incentive for backups, from the tone of his posts I believe that Withnwar may mock you in a British manner for breaking your game if you ask him to support something he didn't see a point in doing in the first place.

It is much much easier than editing anything in a .pack so if you have ever tweaked ETW or beyond you should be good.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Diplomacy-v1-2

Thanks Joque. That guide is mentioned at the start of the first post...

Quote Originally Posted by OP
    (See this post for a generic M2TW alternative: it provides save-game-compatible Forced Diplomacy for any M2TW mod.)

Quote Originally Posted by Joque View Post
    ...from the tone of his posts I believe that Withnwar may mock you in a British manner for breaking your game if you ask him to support something he didn't see a point in doing in the first place.
    Maybe I don't know what mocking in a British manner means exactly, but this doesn't sound like me at all. Not to me anyway. (I'm not British, for the record.)

I know you don't make any versions for submods, but I am wondering if you can give me the basic pointers for me to change this code to work for DaC? Here's to hoping it wouldn't require a total rewrite.

Script is a very precise thing; basic pointers will be of very little help unless you know how to script.

What you could do is compare the "Total Diplomacy" part of the campaign_script.txt that this submod provides against the same in MOS to get an idea of what needs changing. e.g. Use WinMerge or some other difference comparison tool. However, I don't know what version of TD MOS is using, whether they are using all of it, nor whether the parts they are using are all 100% correctly adjusted for that submod.

hey i just downloaded this as part of MOS 1.7 and none of the features are activating, I am clicking accept on the script prompts at campaign start just wondering if this has occurred before, SHIFT + D does not activate the total diplomacy screen, although if i click the help button and ask the advisor to show me if seems to force a favourable conclusion, SHIFT + A does not activate the allied allies scroll etc etc, also they are not even showing up in the hotkeys page. I dont know if im posting it in the right thread but i havent found anything in my many searches regarding bugs and such for this mod.

Sounds like you haven't deleted keys.dat. But as you're playing MOS then it's a question for the MOS thread.