Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

Quote Originally Posted by miloquian View Post
    Edit: I didn't see an edit option, therefore my double-post.
    You will need 25 posts and having been a member for at least a week to be able to edit your posts. IIRC that is also the requirement for giving rep.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

Hello, I'm running ver' 1.7 and unable to get allied allies working. I've tried shift+a /d but nothing happens. Using F1 for key mapping does not show the mapping unlike the screen grab you have, in fact it only shows the standard mapping. I can and do use forced diplomacy [blue button top right > show me how] so I'm hoping you can set me straight.

I've downloaded the 1.8.4 zip in case that may be the fix, but hope you can help me?

Thanks !!

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Did you delete keys.dat and from the correct folder?

Just out of curiosity, the allied fort script seems very interesting, as I am trying to implement a way to hand over a regions forts, (say four forts, or the remaining enemy forts in a region), after that region's settlement is conquered. Would seem spawning AI armies do not just walk into their enemy's empty forts, with the move_character (unless I am missing something in the script to do this?).. If not would there be a solution to this? Even if they are enemies and not allied? Or must they convert temporarily to ally swap ownership then back to enemy? If there is a workaround even with additional work, I would still enjoy investigating. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Zantorian; September 02, 2018 at 10:04 PM.

Would seem spawning AI armies do not just walk into their enemy's empty forts
    From memory that is correct. If they did then it would be very simple to do it: spawn a general who is an enemy of the fort's owner, move him in, script-kill him, spawn a general for the faction who is to be the intended owner, move him in, script-kill him. Or you could just move that last general directly into the fort, without that enemy spawn-move intermediate step, but that would put you at war with the original owner I think (if it did work, which it doesn't).

The only character/army able to walk into a fort is one from the same faction who owns it. (Other than spies.)

That's why a bribery attempt must be made instead.

(Again, all of the above is relying on memory here. It has been a very long time so I could be wrong about some of that.)

with the move_character
    "move", not move_character.

Even if they are enemies and not allied?
    This script only works on allies but that was just a design choice. At the end of the day all you're trying to do is bribe the fort into your faction. This script's purpose is only to put someone in there to negotiate with. If they weren't allies then the idea should still work, apart from the fact that (presumably) enemies would be less inclined to agree to the bribe.

But it still requires the player to do the bribing; a manual process. There's no way automatically script-transfer a fort that I could find. Mind you, that was before this was discovered; perhaps give_everything_to_faction could be used somehow (e.g. spawn character from "spawnpool", move him in then give_everything_to_faction to the desired new owner) which would avoid the need for bribery but it still has the problem of how to get that character into the fort.

Some people may have already asked this but I couldn't find an answer. Is there any way to make this work with Divide & Conquer 2.2?

If you want Forced Diplomacy then see the OP where it says "See this post for a generic M2TW alternative...".

The rest: no. A DAC-compatible version would need to be made.

I'm playing with MOS 1.7 and Allied Allies doesn't work. I've managed to select 1st faction selected (with the pop up windows appearing) and after settling transaction with the 2nd faction nothing happen. Even after end of turn both factions still doesn't become ally (staying neutral to each other)

Osgiliath Ferry also non exist in MOS 1.7

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112