Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 40+ units per army and LME

Default Re: 40+ units per army and LME

Quote Originally Posted by mennelik View Post
    so i placed the mod Alb23UIMod.pack; at the top and at the bottom of the users script, neither is working well. NTW won't start or the music isn't playing, so help is needed?

greetz
    I haven't played with 40 units myself but any third party mod you enable should be at the top og your user script. Do you have other mods enable that could cause the sound problems etc. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a look around to see if this has been solved, so forgive me if it has... but I can't seem to get 40 units mod to work!
    I've put it at the top of the list, i've enabled it in the launcher, I've tried downloading it as a standalone and putting that at the top of the list, i've tried at the bottom of the list, I've tried everything!

If it works, will I be able to create a stack of units 40 high? Cus that's certainly not working for me!

-TC-
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Mayor's Avatar Tiro

Thomas Cochrane:
    Did you change (edit) the number of allowed units in your savegame (your faction/date.save/CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL) with Esf tool? Alb23UIMod.pack will allow you only to to see the units cards, but actually the 40 units in game (or whathever number you want, 24,36, etc up to 80) are enabled by editing the savegame. After getting this to work, try also the Alb 23 Modified deployment zones to play. Regards!

I hope people still check this thread.

I'm trying to play with 40 units, I saved my game and edited the save to allow for 40 units in a land army, and 30 in a navy.

I added extended deployment zones and UI mods to the top of the user.script, and ran the game using "Start NTW Manually".

Napoleon boots up fine, but attempting to load my edited save results in CTD.

I know I edited the correct lines, I've done this before multiple times, any idea as to why it's crashing? Here's my load order:

mod Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack;
    mod Alb23UIMod.pack;
    mod LME4_Pdguru_Winter.pack;
    mod LME4_Pdguru.pack;
    mod LME4_WOS.pack;
    mod LME4_USM.pack;
    mod WolvesLME4_0Mod.pack;
    mod LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

See any problems here?

Mayor's Avatar Tiro

I guess you should only check the Wolves mod box in the LME launcher instead of adding "mod WolvesLME4_0Mod.pack" in your user script. If you still experience CDT, launch the game directly from the NTW icon or Steam. Regards.

Hi there, I have two questions about the large unit sizes and LME in general. 1) Is LME4 multiplayer campaign compatible? 2) If it is, is the 40 units mod also compatible? Thanks for your time.

Totalize's Avatar Libertus

Hi There,

Newbie here.

I have installed LME 4.2 including the latest add-on. I took a look at Wolves postings and they do not make complete sense for adding 40+ units.

1. Is LME2_0 included in the Latest LME 4.2? as the Wolves submod? I can't find anything here that says that directly. The search function on this forum leaves a lot to be desired.
    2. Changing size of army. I downloaded LSF 1.4.5 and followed the instructions to get to my save game Campaign Model. However, There is absolutely no 20/20 numbers when I open it up. i.e. Napoleon 1805 campaign. just a the following.

FLoat: 1
    Ulnt: 20
    Ulnt: 8

Nobody mentions this in any threads that I can see and nobody offers a suggestion as to what numbers to change. Any help here would be appreciated.

Finally, and sorry If I am being redundant here but do I actually need the Wolves2_0 submod if I have LME4.2? If I still need it then there is no links provided on how to get it. Why?

David.

You dont need anything. Just change the first 20 to 40 and save. The 8 is the fleet number - max 8 units - the first is the land units value.

Quote Originally Posted by SpilledInnards View Post
    I hope people still check this thread.

I'm trying to play with 40 units, I saved my game and edited the save to allow for 40 units in a land army, and 30 in a navy.

I added extended deployment zones and UI mods to the top of the user.script, and ran the game using "Start NTW Manually".

Napoleon boots up fine, but attempting to load my edited save results in CTD.

I know I edited the correct lines, I've done this before multiple times, any idea as to why it's crashing? Here's my load order:

mod Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack;
    mod Alb23UIMod.pack;
    mod LME4_Pdguru_Winter.pack;
    mod LME4_Pdguru.pack;
    mod LME4_WOS.pack;
    mod LME4_USM.pack;
    mod WolvesLME4_0Mod.pack;
    mod LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

See any problems here?
    I know this response is a couple of years too late for you, but I'd like to post anyway since I have recently tried getting into LME again and encountered the same issue without finding any solution online.

The problem is that ESF Editor ist quite outdated and any thread I could find on this forum linked to a newer, "better" tool. However, this tool apparently breaks your savegame upon using it, so the fix was to find a download link for ESF Editor 1.4.6 on another website and use that one to edit the savegame.

Here's the ESF Editor required to do the save file modification https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...75&linkid=8783
    Here's the ALB mod for bigger deployment zones http://www.mediafire.com/download/71...ment_Zones.rar
    Here's the ALB mod for 40 unit cards UI http://www.mediafire.com/file/7tgg7b...UIMod.rar/file

I just finished doing the research on how to get this working. Now I have 40 units in the campaign with proper UI. I haven't tested this in battle yet.

Wow, I didn't even notice someone already uploaded all the required files on that other thread.

I wasted couple hours looking for these.

I'm not sure if it's because of the AI mod or the 40 units stack, but I finished a campaign and the battles are broken. When there's 40 units stacks, the AI just stays in the back without any proper formation. Once I'm on them they start being aggressive, but by sending their troops everywhere without any sort of cohesion.

I'm just not sure what the issue is from, but that was kind of a waste of time. I played a campaign with Darthmod before trying this one and the AI was a lot more competent, but I only played with 20 units stacks.

it works fine for me. The ai is pretty good
    Dear CA,

Please gives us the ability to fire by rank! Line one, line two, line three!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234