Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 40+ units per army and LME

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: using 40 units

First:
    1. Select sub-mods and campaign you wan`t trough launcher
    2. Close launcher
    3. Add unit card submod line in there
    4. Save and start game trough steam, NOT trough launcher!

Becouse: Everytime you open launcher, it removes user.script, and makes a new one. So obliouvsly starting it trough launcher de-activates unit-card mod
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    First:
    1. Select sub-mods and campaign you wan`t trough launcher
    2. Close launcher
    3. Add unit card submod line in there
    4. Save and start game trough steam, NOT trough launcher!

Becouse: Everytime you open launcher, it removes user.script, and makes a new one. So obliouvsly starting it trough launcher de-activates unit-card mod
    It is correct that it re-writes the user.script. To counter that I included the "Edit User Script" button so you can manually edit the last saved user script and after you edit and save, then use the "NTW With Current Script" to launch NTW

I am also having trouble getting the 40 units to work right. For me it's different though. My problem is the fact that I can't get 40 units into 1 army. The unit cards are already set up for 40 units, but I am unable to get the 40 units altogether.

same problem. apart from the pack file there are 3 other files. im assuming they are meant to go somewhere but dont know where.

here is the read me

Add this to your user.script:
    mod "Alb23UIMod.pack";

other entries:
    battle_camera_shake_enabled false;
    battle_time_limit 120;
    gfx_picture_in_picture false;

what do i do with the other entries part? they dont sound like they would solve my 40 units problem

and what about the other 3 files that are included

battleunitcard
    camapaignunitcard
    unitgroupframe

ive checked all the NTW folders and i cant see where they should be placed.
    Last edited by tonedog; April 09, 2012 at 05:04 AM.

Titus Pullo 777's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: 40+ units per army and LME

Hello,

what can I do to get 40 units - armies? What to write in the userskript? What mod do on the data - folder? Please help. Thanks!!!! :-)

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

I have the same problem as posted above. I have added Alb23UIMod.pack to napoleon total war/data folder and my user script looks like this:

Code:
    mod LME3_Pdguru.pack;
    mod LME3_BSM.pack;
    mod LME3_USM.pack;
    mod LME3_Camp1807.pack;
    mod LME3_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME3_graphics.pack;
    mod LME3.pack;
    mod "Alb23UIMod.pack";
    I have also tried addind mod "WolvesLME3_0Mod.pack"; to the line but still I only get small unit cards and I'm unable to combine units to larger armies.
    And yes I always save the user.script file and start the game via Steam or with current user.script from the launcher as instructed.

Is there something I have forgotten to do? I would be greatly grateful if someone could help me out with this.

Hi Radiso, I got this to work last night by doing the following:

1) Edited the campaign save file to allow more than 20 units (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=454565)
    2) edited my user script (in the LME launcher) as follows
    mod Alb23UIMod.pack;
    mod LME3_Pdguru.pack;
    mod LME3_BSM.pack;
    mod LME3_USM.pack;
    mod LME3_Camp1807.pack;
    mod LME3_graphics.pack;
    mod LME3.pack;
    3) Started with 'current user script'

Hope this helps!

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah it works now! I thought I had to edit save games to get it working but I didn't know how to do it. Luckily it was very simple. Thanks a lot! +rep

Quote Originally Posted by tom_hobbes View Post

1) Edited the campaign save file to allow more than 20 units (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=454565)
    mod Alb23UIMod.pack;
    mod LME3_Pdguru.pack;
    mod LME3_BSM.pack;
    mod LME3_USM.pack;
    mod LME3_Camp1807.pack;
    mod LME3_graphics.pack;
    mod LME3.pack;

Hope this helps!
    Good post and thanks +Rep

i managed to install this mod and i added the 40 unit option as well,i started a russian campaign 1812 and tried a 40vs40 battle
    the result was that after i advanced the AI got completely out of mind and started to mix his troops running against each other to finally clash on my army
    creating a big skirmish fest,pretty sad to be honest,now i wonder if you also experienced the same problem as i did.
    by the way,i am playing with the 2.3 without patch,just because the link doesn`t make me download the update lol.

Would be nice if these submods were packed together to apply on the LME4, I see theres a 40+ unit mod, a deployment mod, and an UI mod to help deal with the added unit number.

Why not pack it all together and make the users life easier?

im confused,

Wolves Armies Submod: "Activate this if you want to play LME with Wolves In The Throne Room´s increased unit limit submod. Please Note! You still have to enable the 40 unit armies feature yourself"

ok.............. and by enabling i just click the marker to enable it? i guess thats not all but i must say for me who installed this mod yesturday it must be one of the worst descriptions ever, yes i enable it but were and how would be epic to know

"Sticky: 40+ units per army and LME ( 1 2 3)" That topic is outdated or?

Regards, Fedual

P.S since many posts are pre LME 4 version i am guessing those ways of getting 40 unit stacks are outdated, i would be asking this otherwise, just please tell me the correct way and add that way into a Sticky destription in the LME forum.

I merely follow the older method as in http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=498455 and ensure that mod Alb23UIMod.pack; is in the user script. Unfortunately one needs to start the game manually.

Quote Originally Posted by trk View Post
    I merely follow the older method as in http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=498455 and ensure that mod Alb23UIMod.pack; is in the user script. Unfortunately one needs to start the game manually.
    okey cool
    Last edited by Fedual; October 25, 2012 at 01:50 PM.

"
    Originally Posted by tom_hobbes

mod Alb23UIMod.pack;
    mod LME3_Pdguru.pack;
    mod LME3_BSM.pack;
    mod LME3_USM.pack;
    mod LME3_Camp1807.pack;
    mod LME3_graphics.pack;
    mod LME3.pack;

Hope this helps!"

It does work that way

I posted this question on another thread, but I supose here is the correct place.

Should a line regarding the Wolf's army appear in this list of mods, if it's enabled in the launcher?

yes, no one has put up a step by step method of doing things....

I have my 30 unit armies but the unit cards are too big (still normal size) so i can't see them all on either the strat map or battle. Also, is it supose to take 3 turns and 1300 to buy some infantry??

Quote Originally Posted by mosedavid View Post
    yes, no one has put up a step by step method of doing things....

I have my 30 unit armies but the unit cards are too big (still normal size) so i can't see them all on either the strat map or battle. Also, is it supose to take 3 turns and 1300 to buy some infantry??
    This information is quite fragmented, and its not just 1 mod so its messy.

But the step by step above worked fine for me.

If you did enabled the more units, you need also to have this mod on your script "Alb23UIMod.pack" because its it that make unit cards the appropriated size.

Not sure regarding costs. I enabled the mods, but indeed my economy now is pure , have no money to do anything, so not sure if its plain bad management skills or a bug/problematic instalation.

I've been playing this mod for a while now, with 40 units and my conclusions are (not sure if i have it installed right..)...

AI builds huge militia armies due to the fact that most regions can't recruit anything better than militia and some howitzers. I'm playing the early campaign and I can only recruit troops in spain proper. with artillery taking up to 10 turns to recruit (is this correct??). I am swimming in money but i can't spend it - a unit of infantry costs say 900 but costs 50-60 upkeep. Again, is this correct? Can't see how it can be. Austria/Hungary has 3 regions that can recruit proper troops and I have one. Is this correct??

I like the ship distances much better than Darth's mod, makes the sea war much more strategic.

I really like the fact that the AI uses his muskets. Again, having played Darth's mod I found that all the AI did was charge my line and with 40 units it became a pause feast. I also love the sound of the muskets - spot on!

Light infantry is actually useful (can form squares!) other than recruiting them so as to put mines on your defensive line.

BTW, Don't think I am knocking Darth Mod - it's brilliant and in MY experience is more polished than LME.

I realise some of this is just a review but what i'm wondering is if i have installed it correctly. It just doesn't seem correct if you know what I mean?

mennelik's Avatar Civis

so i placed the mod Alb23UIMod.pack; at the top and at the bottom of the users script, neither is working well. NTW won't start or the music isn't playing, so help is needed?

greetz

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast