Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 40+ units per army and LME

Default 40+ units per army and LME

I succesfully edited all the land unit costs and upkeep in LME 2.0 and the unit limits and changed my army size to 40.
    I multiplied every units limit by 4, except the ones with no limit which I left them alone and divided all units cost and upkeep by 4 and lowered their recruitment time by 1 turn each. (used openoffice for mass editing)

So now to raise the 42nd Foot Black Watch Regiment for example, I am still paying the same, I'm just raising 4 battalions to make up the regiment, all 4 battalions still cost me the same up keep together as a regiment. It's nice, units are named battalions as they are raised automatically, so as I hover over each I see the 1st, 2nd and so on.

I can now augument line regiments with a battalion of grenadiers each and group them, instead of having entire regiments of them which wasn't very common.

I just played my first battle of 40 v 40 (crossed the channel and there was a French full stack waiting in the FOW with a very diverse army of unique units! I wondered how the AI would use the increase) and other than one instance of the AI's horse artillery charging my line it was fantastic! I actually had to commit my reserves, 3 battalions of foot and 1 of grenadiers to hold my center together. I had to pause a couple of times and use slow motion a few times because of just so much going on (fyi camera 2 is a must with 80 units) but it was a lot more fun and realistic.

This slight modding of this already great mod is really fun to play

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: 40+ units per army and LME

Thanks for your Feedback. +REP I love it too to play with more than 20 units. The AI can handle the bigger amount of units great!
    (Maybe you want to upload your edited files as a submod... )

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Icebear77♔ View Post
    Thanks for your Feedback. +REP I love it too to play with more than 20 units. The AI can handle the bigger amount of units great!
    (Maybe you want to upload your edited files as a submod... )
    Thanks, I could do that, new to boards though, should I get permission or is it common to just upload submods like that?

*oh wait, you're one of the LME creators?*
    Last edited by Wolves In The Throne Room; June 29, 2011 at 07:05 AM. Reason: edit

Use the LME-Submod-thread and upload your files old bean

Ok I will, I just edited the LME 2.0 pack, so give me a few days and I'll do the AUM that came with it the same way and I'll upload them both along with an explanation of what they do and what it's for. Thanks for making LME +rep!

How in the hell can you run battles that big without the animation stuttering or lag in general?

Sounds awesome though, I'd love some screenshots of that carnage.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

indeed this has become the only way to truly experience the full potential of Napoleon TW.It is the single most important modding break through thus far

@KaiserJoe, you can find some pics here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=454716

Played my first 40v40, now this is total war , just fantastic, well done to whoever found this wee hack , lme was made for this kind of mod , off to try ntw3 next, see what like with 40v40

For anyone using this mod. What unit sizes are you using? Just wondering to get an idea of the amount of lag that might accompany this mod lol

Quote Originally Posted by kyler721 View Post
    For anyone using this mod. What unit sizes are you using? Just wondering to get an idea of the amount of lag that might accompany this mod lol
    Entirely depends on your op system, motherboard, graphics card, processor and ram.

What size do you have right now and how does it run?

In the process of uploading a rar file to mediafire that has the modded LME 2.0 pack. Will post to submod thread with full explanation shortly...

ohhh that sounds interesting,, nice one wolfy,, great share, thanks

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Great news

About unit size, I'm using Ultra for 20vs20 and it kind of lags sometimes (if I zoom right in a melee for instance), so I guess I'll take the unit size down a notch.

Submod for turning regiments into 4 battalions, for use with increased army sizes. Explanations, download at link.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...55#post9859355

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    Great news

About unit size, I'm using Ultra for 20vs20 and it kind of lags sometimes (if I zoom right in a melee for instance), so I guess I'll take the unit size down a notch.
    Try increasing your army to 30 at first, bring your unit size down to large and see what happens. You know anything about overclocking your processor? (If not it's pretty complicated.)

RAM is cheap now, you should get at least 4gb it'll help. I rarely see NTW on full ultra using more than 3-4 gigs, so buying something like 16 gigs of ram won't make a difference.

Download gamebooster, it's legit and free, it'll save you some ram and increase performance. Just google it.
    Last edited by Wolves In The Throne Room; July 02, 2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: edit

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Thanks Wolves. I've already overclocked my processor (in an aggressive way! :p ) and I have 4Gb of Ram. I also use cleanmem to clear ram before launching the game.

The problem probably is that my computer is 5 year old now. I've overclocked my dual core from 2,3 to 3,2 Ghz, I have a radeon HD 5770, but the game still lags from time to time, albeit rarely after having overclocked my processor.

Anyway, thanks for the word of help, I think I'm going to try 40 with large and if it lags too much, I'll reduce it to 30.

Ah, yeah sounds like a bottleneck somewhere...

I could play M2TW on my old comp but couldn't even get the demo of ETW to run faster than a snails pace, so for 5 yrs old you're doing alright!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves In The Throne Room View Post
    Entirely depends on your op system, motherboard, graphics card, processor and ram.

What size do you have right now and how does it run?
    Well here is my rig specs. I just SLIed.

Windows 7 64 bit Home Edition
    Processor: Intel Core i7 Processor i7-2600 3.4GHz 8MB LGA1155 CPU
    RAM: Corsair Memory 8 Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3SDRAM
    GPU: 2X EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD 1280MB GDDR5 Dual DVI/ HDMI/ DisplayPort PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler
    Case: Cooler Master HAF ATX Mid Tower Case, RC-922M-KKN1-GP (Black)
    PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850HX 850-Watt HX Professional Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply
    HDD: 2X Western Digital 500GB SATA3 7200rpm 32 MB Hard Drive - Bulk WD5002AALX Caviar Black
    Screen: ASUS VH242H 23.6-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black
    Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 Supported Intel P67 DDR3 2400 ATX Motherboard
    CD Drive: Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black)

Right now my unit scale is 2.2. Runs pretty good. Still trying to determine if my SLI is workin or not lol.

Well, I'm frustrated damned near to the end. I have the mod going somewhat my way. Finally got the mod loaded 1805 campaign with Wolves mod and prices. And then I set the multiplier to 2.0 and got everything perfect except the artillery and men. I have juggled every type of mod I can think of and can't get 48 men and 8 cannons. Any help would be kewl please. If I multiply and get too many men for the guns, or add a mod get my guns to 8 and the men double again to 96. There must be a way easier than this frustration and painful experience??

Push on, brave York volunteers

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast