Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Battleground Europe - World War 2 Online up!

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Battleground Europe - World War 2 Online, Free trial up!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zeke View Post
    Didn't 73 finish in like 5 days, and its already over?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Tart Toter View Post
    But what happened with your case is this: That particular campaign went by rather fast, VERY fast. This was due to the Allies mass-bombing the RDP factories of the Axis, causing not only supply problems but the Axis could also not research new equipment as fast as the Allies could. The Axis tier 1 equipment is shite to begin with, so against tier 2 or even 3 Allied equipment, mixed in with lack of supply, the Allies were able to steamroll for a quick campaign win. The server shutdown was turning the map into an intermission, a "break" period between campaigns. A new one will start within 2 days.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zeke View Post
    Didn't 73 finish in like 5 days, and its already over?

The Germans have won many campaigns, i belive they are still ahead in total campaign victories . And about not having a clue about what is going on, you are not the first hehe. However once you get past that first "bump" and start to get a clue, you will come to understand the greatness of this game, how freakin huge it is, in all aspects.

And as suggested get with a squad, so they can teach you the basics to stay alive. Also make use of the HELP channel as much as possible, alot of friendly veterans use that channel to answer questions from new players like you.

Intermission is fun yea, but the it is nothing compared to an entire campaign, that's WAR .

New campaign start have been announced by CRS: Campaign 72 Kick-off: Tuesday 10 AM US CT: 4 PM UTC/GMT

Weee can't wait, im sooo ready/eager for another campaign !!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Demonx View Post
    The Germans have won many campaigns, i belive they are still ahead in total campaign victories . And about not having a clue about what is going on, you are not the first hehe. However once you get past that first "bump" and start to get a clue, you will come to understand the greatness of this game, how freakin huge it is, in all aspects.

And as suggested get with a squad, so they can teach you the basics to stay alive. Also make use of the HELP channel as much as possible, alot of friendly veterans use that channel to answer questions from new players like you.

Intermission is fun yea, but the it is nothing compared to an entire campaign, that's WAR .

New campaign start have been announced by CRS: Campaign 72 Kick-off: Tuesday 10 AM US CT: 4 PM UTC/GMT

Weee can't wait, im sooo ready/eager for another campaign !!
    one that I would suggust is make the map larger so that the campaign would last longer. tell that to the devs of the game at the forums for me ok

Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
    one that I would suggust is make the map larger so that the campaign would last longer. tell that to the devs of the game at the forums for me ok

I understand what you mean, but they have other more important priorities then making more towns/cities. The reason why any side looses so much ground had to do mostly with bad placements of Brigades, and when the lines were breached, the germans did not act quick enough to cover that hole in the lines and for that they paid the price and the Allied forces captured Dusseldorf, Köln and Essen.

Like i said earlier, this map (the current size of the map) have had campaigns fought for 110 days, so nothing wrong with the map really . As long as your factories are safe there is a chance that your side can turn things around and start pushing back. Both allies and axis have managed that several times.

And really by looking at this map that is fought on an accurate half-scale map of 1940's Western Europe. That means if it would take you 1hr in real life to go from Town A to Town B, it will take you 30 mins ingame. This map is dotted with a network of towns and cities, the gameworld is allready HUGE, all of those towns/cities you see on the map can be fought in. What gets me back to this game, and keeps me interrested is that one campaign to another is never the same, no defense, attack is the same, it constantly changes and really offers you a kick ass, most brutal, unforgiving PVP there is.

The gameworld map: http://www.battlegroundeurope.cz/ima...-map-large.jpg

Battleground Europe Monitor: http://begm.sourceforge.net/

This is a nice tool that many players use, to keep them selves updated about what is happening across the map, anything really can be found using this monitor, who captured what flag in X town. To how much damage did my bombs to on the Dusseldorf factories. Download it and you'll get a glimpse how complex the game is .

Looks like the Axis forces might be victorious this campaign . Im sure they will launch a full scale attack on England soon.
    Last edited by God-Emperor of Mankind; July 21, 2011 at 10:21 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Hey is there a new game up yet?

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Really nice game, I love the realism. And the masive battles!

Default Battleground Europe goes free to play!

World War II Online: Battleground Europe now grants players limited access accounts for free. After an all-access 14-day free trial in which you have access to all of the features available to paying players, you can continue to play on and spawn riflemen, SMGs, truck drivers or gun operators. Although you won't be able to take part in the more interesting aspects of the game, playing as infantry is probably the funnest part of the game anyway.

For those of you who don't know, this is a game that recreates World War II on a continous gigantic map of Europe. It's the biggest map in any game ever made, and you have complete freedom to go wherever you wish, although after from initial exploring you'll probably spend all of your time at the frontlines fighting. It's so big you can literally spend hours flying from Italy to Norway .

There are a huge number of units available to play with from the UK, France, Germany and soon the USA, including a large array of infantry weapons, tanks, anti-tank and anti-aircraft guns, APCs, fighter planes, bombers, destroyers and various amphibious landing ships. The game is played is "campaigns" where each side tries to capture the whole map from the other. We're currently on campaign 73 since the game began on the 6 June 2001.

Apart from fighting on the front lines and trying to push the enemy back through combat and occupy their territory, there is a strategic element to the game. Supply of equipment is limited. A certain brigade might have say, 20 Sherman tanks avilable to be spawned. When these are destroyed, the tank factories back in your country will produce replacements and send them to the front. This normally takes 7 hours, but if you bomb the enemy tank factories this resupply time can be greatly extended. This also applies to every other bit of equipment, from planes to guns and ships. So multiple times a day huge bomber streams take off and cause a tremendous air war.

The games damage model is also highly realistic. There is no health. As an infantryman practically every hit will be a one shot kill, expect for rare shots to the extremities or small bits of shrapnel. Tanks are actually properly simulated. If a small cannon hits a heavily armorued tank, nothing happens. If the gun is powerful enough to penetrate, it sails through the armour and blows away whatever it hits inside. Even if it doesn't penetrate, it can create spall to hurt the crew and interior components of the vehicle.

It's a very very interesting game and as it's free I urge you all to give it a try. Here are a whole load of screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

British Blenheim IV tactical bombers on the way to bomb an axis strongpoint.

British Matilda IIs and A13 cruisers in a column. The left-most vehicle is a French Panhard scout car.

Vicious doghting, from the cockpit of a spitfire.

German He 111 Bomber stream being harrased by spitfires, pilot view.

British paratroops (sorry for all the brit pics, I seem to end up playing them often for some reason)

Amphibious invasion.

American Bazooka man.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Battleground Europe - World War 2 Online up!

What are the restrictions for F2P as I can't find anything about it on the site?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    What are the restrictions for F2P as I can't find anything about it on the site?
    14 day free trial you are unrestricted and can do anything.

after that for free you can only use the rifleman, SMG, trucks, and the crappiest light tanks.

Oh that's actually good for an F2P. Going to sign up again
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

How long does it take for a activation email to be sent? I put mine in and its been ages from when I signed up...

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

Hmmm, if its F2P I might sign up looks interesting.
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreapo View Post
    How long does it take for a activation email to be sent? I put mine in and its been ages from when I signed up...
    they had a power outage on thursday and a lot of damage was caused, could be slower because of that.

usually it's instant.

Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    14 day free trial you are unrestricted and can do anything.

after that for free you can only use the rifleman, SMG, trucks, and the crappiest light tanks.
    Aren't you also allowed to man gun positions in vehicles?

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Could someone do me a favour? Seeing how you have to be signed up to the game to post on the fourm, could you replay to this thread?
    http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com...d.php?t=370637
    I have recived no email at all ergo I am unable to click the link in the email, I signed up with the name Grimreapo...

I haven't received my email either and since I made a million trial accounts with all my REAL emails I had to use a disposable because going through yahoo email registration another time would drive me insane and the disposable only lasts 10 minutes

I also did request a resend twice and it said it resent it, but no dice.
    Last edited by Turkeys!; August 06, 2011 at 10:44 PM.

I haven't received my mail yet either. Hardly a coincidence that none of us have.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Signed up with another email account and still nothing, this is not at impressive seeing how the RO2 beta is coming out soon...

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

irelandeb you kill me once I think XD. Really nice game. a little unbalanced but good

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

Having the same problem as the others. Its seems unwilling to actually send me a confirmation e-mail
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast