Thread: Marian Reforms conditions for RS1.6

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

Default Marian Reforms conditions for RS1.6

So I know that to trigger the Marian Reforms in vanilla, you had to build an imperial palace in a city with the "italy" hidden resource, but it RS, you can trigger them by building a palace in either Mediolanum, Patavium, Tarentum, or Croton (IIRC).

So my question is this: can I add this resource to any province which will alow the event to trigger?

And if so, does a Roman faction have to control a city in Italy to actually make it function? I did a personal mod that simply changes syracuse and epeiros back to roman factions, and made it so the Senate controls all of Italy. Can I still have the reforms by changing that one simple thing?

In my current tests, the reforms hadnt kicked in once I built a palace in Alesia or Carthage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

freakkriek's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Marian Reforms conditions for RS1.6

i don't know if it's the same for you but in RS2
    the reforms get started after you build the palace in "the city on sicily between syracuse and lilybaeum" and not messana

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

For the cities that spawn the imperial reforms just check the info building in any settlement. To increase the number of settlements where the reforms occur add the italy resource to any settlement, then delete map.rwm and start a new campaign.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

I resolved the issue, and am now playing my own little sub mod.
    Unforunately, there is a new issue that popped. Force Diplomacy is messed up.
    Looking into it.