Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mount&Blade II

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Mount&Blade II

Combat can use some improvement. Better AI behaviour in melee would be good, so that they dont all jump on your face and keep the distance thats appropriate for the weapon they are wielding. They could try and keep the maximum reach.

Some more strategy as well, like enemies automatically giving cover to each other. Like an axeman running at you for a frontal attack while his buddy moves around during the battle to try and sneak up on you.

so many requests that are already done in mods....

As for better ai, either play with battlesize over 400, or play multiplayer, the first instance ull not have enough time to consider there not using the best tactics, and the second they will be using tactics, although teamwork is still sorta rare in my experience, id like some better ai's too, ai horsemen in particular are extremely useless, i don't really want a heftier ai thou, might make big battles harder to play without lag.

For some other requests that are actully game engine changes, breakable weapons especially spears and lances, extra damage for hitting horses in the head, replace kick with shield bash, makes pikes settable against ground as there alternate attack mode! Soemhow link multiplayer lobby to file repository so we can automatically download n install mods.

umm aside from that, better kingdom managment, adding crpgs deployable ladders to native for sieges they might of done this ive never seen a siege battle in any server so far.
    Check out my YouTube videos!

they should make the next mount&blade in the era of rome, the greek city states, celtic/Iberian/germanic tribes and carthage, numidia, egypt etc etc.

it's a very action filled time with those factions competing for dominance in the mediterranean.
    each faction is unique and have diffrent strengths and weaknesses.

also it would be rather easy to mod campaigns like the gallic wars for us modders

That would be a great era yes, if phalanx, testudo, shield wall formations and such would be possible.

Maybe it should be possible to group your soldiers so that the groups always work as one during battles. Putting all your spearmen together could form a phalanx and use pikes instead of spears. Pikes would be useless when used by just single soldiers after all.

They could always go with a fictional classical world just like Calradia is a fictional historic world as well. This might be easier in getting the factions they want together. There could be a Roman faction, Greek faction, Persian faction, egyptian faction and a barbarian faction. Maybe a carthaginian or scythian faction as well.

well if they do a greek faction then they need to be able to "couch" a pike on foot so you dont have to hold the left button when u march
    dan da man wit da plan
    all hail the mighty money cheat

omzdog's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    That would be a great era yes, if phalanx, testudo, shield wall formations and such would be possible.

Maybe it should be possible to group your soldiers so that the groups always work as one during battles. Putting all your spearmen together could form a phalanx and use pikes instead of spears. Pikes would be useless when used by just single soldiers after all.
    Formations are very possible and they have been attempted with succesful results in the past. Re-implementation hasn't been supported by the community though, I don't understand why. . Formations fundamentally change the game, check out my post.

well if they do a greek faction then they need to be able to "couch" a pike on foot so you dont have to hold the left button when u march
    The couch is meant to represent the use of weapons on mounted units who used velocity as momentum by cradling a spear or lance under the elbow, developed and used primarily in the Medieval Ages. To implement couch for foot soldiers would not be what you are looking for. Perhaps a bracing stance to stake charging horses but a couch is different.
    Last edited by omzdog; July 09, 2011 at 01:36 PM.

One thing they simply have to do in M&BII: Fix the animations, because they look like crap and make melee far more challenging and rewarding for those who can master it... It's too repetetive and boring as it is.

They also need to improve the battlefield management. You are too limited in what you can do with your men.
    You should be able to create units and have full control of what these units are made up of, and you should be able to assign your companions to these groups to make them even more effective and able to respond to your commands.... I basically want to see the transformation from a simple warband into an organized fighting army.
    Last edited by SPECTREtm; July 10, 2011 at 10:50 AM.

Combat Animations
    You can create units. You can put different troops under different groups. You might have infantry1 infantry2 and so one that you can rename yourself. This is available in native.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I reckon... M&B2 should take place in the 1600's in the same world.

They could have a poll as to which nation would have conquered the whole of Calradia and then the story could go that either there was a brutal civil war, resulting in these nations becoming independent again and some years after, tensions are running high... resulting in the same situation as Warband but years later... or you could have the story during the civil war.

Calradia has been the basis of the story since .608, the installment that I got introduced to MnB (minus the sarranids).
    Its not really evolving like the TW series.

what ment by couch a lance on foot is like waht phillip II of macedon/Alexander the Great did with their pikes and how the enemy would have to charge into waves of pikes and having the enemy doing alot of the damage to themselves instead of having to hold in the attack button and maybe miss
    dan da man wit da plan

But thats not what the couch was meant to represent in the game as I said. There have been mods that implemented a spear bracing effect in the past but men don't throw themselves into a block of points, so a foot couch in the same fashion as the current one would be odd.

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

the men in Mount & Blade would

I hope they don't go into historical. Perhaps as expansions, or DLCs, or better yet, the mods will do them. However, I would like Taleworld to expand and improve on the fantasy world of Calradia.
    "My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the Arsenal is no more, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of gooner-ship, but it is not this day. An hour of Spuds and shattered cannons when the Highbury Emirates comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of North London!"
    - Aragooner

I'd prefer it that anything historical comes in the shape of expansions to fire and sword.

Like the inclusion of the Holy Roman Empire and Ottomans.

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTREtm View Post
    One thing they simply have to do in M&BII: Fix the animations, because they look like crap and make melee far more challenging and rewarding for those who can master it... It's too repetetive and boring as it is.

They also need to improve the battlefield management. You are too limited in what you can do with your men.
    You should be able to create units and have full control of what these units are made up of, and you should be able to assign your companions to these groups to make them even more effective and able to respond to your commands.... I basically want to see the transformation from a simple warband into an organized fighting army.
    You could stick them all in seperate units as u want and put your companions into lead up into like.. 8 category?

I want default commands for my army open entering battle, becuase basdically im sick of forming up my army in every battle.

Asto melee being boring, are you playing multiplayer? as foot melee is just plain boring against ai's or a meatgridner with nowhere to move if your playing with decent battlesize.
    Check out my YouTube videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaio View Post
    You could stick them all in seperate units as u want and put your companions into lead up into like.. 8 category?

I want default commands for my army open entering battle, becuase basdically im sick of forming up my army in every battle.

Asto melee being boring, are you playing multiplayer? as foot melee is just plain boring against ai's or a meatgridner with nowhere to move if your playing with decent battlesize.
    Also in singleplayer go fight the khergits on foot it will be very eventful I promise just make sure u dont bring any arrows or shields
    dan da man wit da plan

Here's what I want:

1.Either a much more fluid battle command system or a pause option during battle
    2.Better looking armors
    3.Dual wielding
    4.Proper jousting tournaments
    5.Capes and cloaks
    6.Joinable bandit faction
    7.Some sort of storyline (not like F&S though)
    8.Proper diplomacy
    9.More variety with missions
    10.Subfactions (guilds, knight orders etc) with their own quests and possibly units

Battle command system is an interesting feature. Many mods have actually implemented various features to help lead the AI in combat.

Dual wielding? An odd feature to request considering the realistic potential of this game. Capes and cloaks too. Both have been done before, but with mixed results. For example, the off-hand of the dual wield is a sword used as a shield at all times. But realistically dual wielding is a fallacy. This was mostly before 1.011 so most mods in Warband don't really touch dual wielding.

Diplomacy has been done in the Diplomacy mod which released its source. A very good rendition of international relations.

Honestly there are a lot of things they could pack in this game, but I think we can all agree that it has a lot of potential.

The dual-wielding has been shot down by the community for being unrealistic.
    "My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the Arsenal is no more, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of gooner-ship, but it is not this day. An hour of Spuds and shattered cannons when the Highbury Emirates comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of North London!"
    - Aragooner

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast