Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Seven Year's war mod (sponge)

Default Re: Seven Year's war mod (sponge)

Hey guys,

I've downloaded the latest version of this mod, I really like the units. I use DMUC and also have POM's Spain mod and Italian States mod + AUM mod installed. If I put the SPonge mod at the top of my user script, the game works fine other than unit size variation. The flags are adjusted to suit this mod, but I cant select any Italian state nations anymore in custom battles.

NOw if I put the SPonge mod down towards the bottom of my user script, I can select any nation from the custom battle screen , and the flags are reverted back to the regular DMUC flags, but I get CTDs during custom battles. In the original Sponge unit mod, LordSith had converted this to use with DMUC, and I was getting the same problem.

There seems to be a difference when putting the SYWSponge mod at the top or bottom of the user script. Any of you guys know what this could be?

AC Milan 88

A quick query, if I may. Have you included all the NPI units produced so far in the SYW Mod, or do we need to load NPI separately to get them all? So far I count about 6 obviously NPI French Infantry units in Spongemod, although I also get the Bercheny Hussars and correctly uniformed artillery; but not sure if these are from another mod I've loaded.

Keen to sort this out as I'm playing France at the moment....

Med

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler99 View Post
    Hey guys,

I've downloaded the latest version of this mod, I really like the units. I use DMUC and also have POM's Spain mod and Italian States mod + AUM mod installed. If I put the SPonge mod at the top of my user script, the game works fine other than unit size variation. The flags are adjusted to suit this mod, but I cant select any Italian state nations anymore in custom battles.

NOw if I put the SPonge mod down towards the bottom of my user script, I can select any nation from the custom battle screen , and the flags are reverted back to the regular DMUC flags, but I get CTDs during custom battles. In the original Sponge unit mod, LordSith had converted this to use with DMUC, and I was getting the same problem.

There seems to be a difference when putting the SYWSponge mod at the top or bottom of the user script. Any of you guys know what this could be?
    Hi Whaler99

This is because both spongemod and DMUC contains flags. The mod that loads first is what flags you will see in-game. Not sure why it crashes but sponge, DMUC and AUM have lot of content and that often means conflicts and cdt's. It's very tricky combining mods and they have to load in a certain order to work, sometime it don't work at all due to many conflicts.

The reason you can't chose same nations in coustom battles is because the mods have different list of nations available for coustom battles. For example, you can only have a certain number of nations available. If i want to make hessen available i have to disable another nation, like italian states perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediaeval View Post
    AC Milan 88

A quick query, if I may. Have you included all the NPI units produced so far in the SYW Mod, or do we need to load NPI separately to get them all? So far I count about 6 obviously NPI French Infantry units in Spongemod, although I also get the Bercheny Hussars and correctly uniformed artillery; but not sure if these are from another mod I've loaded.

Keen to sort this out as I'm playing France at the moment....

Med
    Hi Mediaeval

Well my thought was to incorporate all NPI units into spongemod for the ultimate SYW pack. The reson you see some units not included in NPI is because i made some textures for wangrins NPI mod. Some texture like artillery and grenadiers are not in wangrins mod. I believe he has special models for that in development.

If you only want the units from wangrins mod i suggest you open sponge_SYW pack with DBE and disable the units. They are quite easy to find in the unit_exclusive_premissions -table.

I'm taking a break from modding atm because i have to focus on more important things. I will however try to answer your questions as much as i can Thanks for understanding
    Last edited by ACMilan88; October 02, 2011 at 06:57 PM.

Excellent skins,
    + rep

Quote Originally Posted by King Louise Assurbanipal View Post
    Excellent skins,
    + rep

Thank you!

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Hi ACMilan

Hows the mod coming along, any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    Hi ACMilan

Hows the mod coming along, any updates?
    Hi Dee Jay

Well i haven't been able to mod etw sence september. Broke up with my GF and feel like i had other priorities and she's now got my old comp. My current one is a pice of junk Been spending alot of money on musical stuff as i joined a band a while ago. Once iv'e bought all the stuff i need i'll get a new comp and hopefuly continue modding, allthough i will not spend very much time modding in the future.

Cheers

OK, thanks for the reply

Good luck with everything

Hello ACMilan88,
    can you add a list of the units and screenshots? That will help, i think many people like what you are doing but without some optical help.

OK, thanks for the reply

Good luck with everything
    Thank you Btw you can check out Kanitz mod, i believe he's using some stuff from Sponge.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalric View Post
    Hello ACMilan88,
    can you add a list of the units and screenshots? That will help, i think many people like what you are doing but without some optical help.
    Well there's plenty of screens in the first few post on page 1 aswell as on other post in this thread. All units on the screens is in the mod. Basically it's the same for all factions.

Musketeers and grenadiers from the same regiments
    Dragoons
    Cuirassiers
    Artillery crew
    Hussars

Some factions have more units and regiments than others, this is becasue some factions don't have a complete roster yet. Austria, Prussia, Sweden and Poland are almost complete while France, Russia, Bavaria, Saxony, Netherlands, Denmark and Brittain are half or less complete.
    Last edited by ACMilan88; November 28, 2011 at 09:02 AM.

Hey ACMilan again

One more question, do you mind if I use these textures for one of my mods?

All credits will be given

Thanks for you time

Hey ACMilan again

One more question, do you mind if I use these textures for one of my mods?

All credits will be given

Thanks for you time

Sure no prob

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by ACMilan88 View Post
    Thanks Marshall Soult

Well this is a "vanilla sponge mod bug". As my mod is currently 1.0 there are many bugs left from spongemod. I'm working on fixing these issues atm. In next version i will disable some units with wrong textures, glitches, stats and units that shouldn't be recruitable for some factions.
    It's good you mentioned it because i almost forgot about the problem.

New saxon infantry texture: Still some things to do like changing the colour of the grenadier hat to green and yellow aswell as changing their boots for gaiters. Im quite happy with the new mitre cap though

the image at the corner is copyrighted. did you ask permission from Mr. Saudelli? I'm sure he'd be fine with it, but it is not a GNU licensed image, unlike the rest of the website pictures.

beyond that, nice work. having seen the later version, you have it backwards; look at the image carefully; the bag is yellow, with green piping, not the other way round like you have it.

oh, and can you model these in 3dsmax? I see you are using another software, but I prefer 3dsmax.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; December 04, 2011 at 01:38 PM.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

I'm sure that the use of those images could be covert by the "fair use", it's only a short extract use for non commercial or educative purpose.
    If copyright were intended first to protect authors, now it become a real nuisance.

Maybe at a point that it will be better to stop modding if we are unable to share an information (here a picture) without spending our time begging for permissions all over the web and waiting for an hypothetic answer.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

The Copyright Inquisition is everywhere mates! Take care!

Great units AC! +rep of course!

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    I'm sure that the use of those images could be covert by the "fair use", it's only a short extract use for non commercial or educative purpose.
    If copyright were intended first to protect authors, now it become a real nuisance.

Maybe at a point that it will be better to stop modding if we are unable to share an information (here a picture) without spending our time begging for permissions all over the web and waiting for an hypothetic answer.
    ok.....

look, don't get me wrong, I am aware that this is legal under fair use (it is under the DMCA IIRC)-and in fact said that the man who drew it would be likely be OK with it anyways : the main problem (potentially) comes when the producer for some reason doesn't want that to happen (the whole image protection deal); hence why I mentioned it; bear in mind, the person in question is a comic book artist-which is why the license is separate in the first place (and why a problem may arise). there are also the problems that come with different countries having diff. laws (he's from Italy), but I doubt that is an issue here.

in short: I'm just playing it safe; don't worry about it.

and to be clear, it doesn't reflect what I think of the work done here either; I actually like it, and hope it continues its success. I might (if possible) even join in due time to help-if he wants.

EDIT: oh, I forgot about the bolded part: not really. they're pretty nice people actually, and the webmaster is usually good about emails.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; December 04, 2011 at 03:58 PM.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Sorry, I have reacted a bit harsh, but copyright and its "avatars" are becoming a real problem.

About laws, as TWC is an american internet site and its servers (and data) are in USA, I suppose that the forum is entirely under US laws.

It's a bit difficult for me to explain my "harsh reaction" in English, but I will try.

First of all and maybe am I wrong, I've the feeling we have more comments about copyright those days, particularly since the "Brig affair".
    Maybe this feeling is only due to the fact I pay more attention to such comments since.

The second point is that documents / informations are crucial to modding.
    We need informations to create accurate models and it's better to share those informations to gather opinions / ideas from people here that to keep them for ourselves. It is sometime helpful to correct mistakes or misinterpretations.

It's all about sharing, sharing our knowings, and TWC is the best place I found for TW modding...
    If we cannot share those informations due to copyrights, if we have to only exchange by mail, I think we considerably reduce the "opportunity field".
    The opportunity to find someone who know the right information, who know exceptional resources.

I don't speak about sharing complete books here, simply short extracts that will help modding.

The third and last point is that "copyrights" are a real juridical nightmare and people aren't juridical experts (and I'm not one).
    I understand that it could be careful to make aware people about this, but I think it's something that should be better if done using PM.

Finally, thanks for your great work on SYW ACMilan
    I didn't forget this mod and Hungarians models (officer and grenadiers) I promise, I was simply busy with early XVIIIth models for IS.
    I will certainly work on them after the first new IS pack release

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Hey guys!

Well i was using the pictures from kronoskaf as it was the most realistic source i could find. I hope the author sees this as an compliment (me using his image as base) rather than stealing. My thought was to bring the soldier from the image into the game The wrong coloured pom has been corrected in the latest release, this was only screens during my skinning process of the unit.

Hopefully i'll be able to by a new computer and find time for modding again, this mod could really become a great gaming/historical experiance if the mod get's complete and with a good AI of course.

How's your projects going Flikitos and Wangrin?

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ACMilan88 View Post
    Hey guys!
    Hopefully i'll be able to by a new computer and find time for modding again, this mod could really become a great gaming/historical experiance if the mod get's complete and with a good AI of course.
    You are right buddy! Can not wait to see your new productions!

On my side I am busy with Wangrin on IS III and NPI (the pfirst preview video has been outed yesterday ), creating units for the early and middle periods of the 18th century (late ones are done) and working on the textures of the NPI's artillery. Can not wait to see you back in our ranges!

@ Wangrin: actually, I largely agree about copyright law; especially regarding the DMCA. ideally, material on the internet should just be "for free"-preferably for excerpts. but sadly, these laws are in place-some specific ones run contrary to the constitution (though copyright itself is a legal concept). And unless the law is changed, we will always be in danger over these things. We have to worry about it quite a bit at Kronoskaf-much to our chagrin at times. e.g. I couldn't link other people here plates from the SYW period (they were made in 1759 by a certain Taccoli) depicting Spanish infantry b/c of copyright, but only the resulting plates derived from it.

and yes, I am a member there.

oh, and no one has answered my question: can you model these things in 3dsmax? I have a copy of it with me, which I can use, but no idea how to mod E:TW models.

currently, I'm confined as a result to R:TW models; you can find the results in the N2:TW mod section here.