Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheat Codes?

Default Cheat Codes?

Hi new CoW player here, so far the game is awesome since I'm wrecking stunties with Badruk's Savage Orcs but I ran into a problem. I'm low on troops and a group of dwarves are about to close in on my WarBoss Camp. None of my settlements recruit yet, my hero units are way too far, basically I have Grimgor with 3 Black Orc bodyguard squads that's about to get raped by midgets with axes. I tried using the create unit cheat and it didn't work so I tried using the vindaloo, rogan, houston, etc code and I got nothing. The only codes I can squeeze out of the game is Money and Traits. Does anybody know working unit summon codes? If so please reply back I don't wanna see Grimgor lose to a bunch of freaking stunties.
    Last edited by Thraz; June 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM.

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Cheat Codes?

As far as summon codes go, no im afraid I dont know of any, if they even exist. But there really isnt much of a need for them. Simple press "~" and type in auto_win "attacker or defender" depending on if you are attacking or defending against an enemy. Do this on the screen where you can press the auto resolve button, and after typing that in, just hit auto resolve and no matter the odds, if you typed auto_win attacker and your attacking, you will win massivly.

Shadowlair's Avatar Civis

create_unit "settlement or character" "unit ID" "amount (1-5)" "experience (1-9)" "armor (1-3)" "weapon (1-3)"

Example -
    creat_unit "London" Longbowmen 2 9 3 3 ^The above code will create 2 units of Longbowmen in London with 3 Gold Chevrons, Level 3 armor and Level 3 weapon

This will spawn a unit in the settlement of choice, you just need to replace the ''longbowmen'' here with a unit ID from the orcs, although i dont know where to find them, maybe try something like Orc_boyz ya know? but hope this helps.
    The Archon has spoken. All hail the Archon. He protects.

All hail dragonborn total war!!

I tried that but it didn't work apparently there's something wrong with summoning units on orc settlements and on all heroes
    I started a new file on dwarves it only works on summoning in their setttlements but doesn't work on heroes :\

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

you of course have toggle_fow, turn's the fog of war on and off. You also have some add_population cheat and add_money. If I remember right it was add_population "settlement name" "number(max 4000 I thought)". The other one is add_money 40000(max), I used that one a lot before I started playing furreal

Kinda sucks summon cheats only work when you occupy dwarf settlements or Drong since none of the heroes have their real names and the settlements don't have the proper names

Dude, seriously, just use auto_win defender or auto_win attacker.

All the orc/goblin unit names are wrong in the descr_unit text file :\

Its a Russian translation, also people often use shorthand when coding. Just use the auto_win thing. Its soooo much easier than spawing units.

where's the fun in the game if you just type auto_win all the damn time I wanna see my orcs kick a guy in the groin and smash their face in with axes

Then build units! If your in enough of a tough spot to want to spawn units, just kill off parts of the invading force with auto_win, then actualy build units with your breathing room. Its kinda hard to "half" cheat

And if you do not have enough gold to build units, just add_money 40000

Quote Originally Posted by Thraz View Post
    where's the fun in the game if you just type auto_win all the damn time I wanna see my orcs kick a guy in the groin and smash their face in with axes
    You'll tire of a mod/game ALOT faster if you cheat. For example I used to cheat on WC3 campaign with the immortality code, just so that I could see all the cutscenes(those ingame aswell), I got bored so quickly with the campaign that way. Two or three years later I felt an urge to replay the Orc campaign again(without cheats), it was alot more entertaining this way and I even went on to complete the whole campaign.

My point being; if you cheat - then you will miss out on most of what makes the game fun. A game that's challenging also gives room for pride over what you've accomplished. Take your time with planning offensives instead of running away with your army leaving your settlements unprotected, it's alot more enjoyable that way - trust me.

If you're still not convinced, check this link out:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ha! I did the exact same thing in the human WC3 campaign. You are very correct though, cheating can really destroy a game's fun level, yet I do still occassionaly auto_win a fight I have no chance of winning that I didnt see coming. Ive got to try running through a campaign without doing that or adding some money to keep building sometime

Quote Originally Posted by ninja51 View Post
    Ha! I did the exact same thing in the human WC3 campaign. You are very correct though, cheating can really destroy a game's fun level, yet I do still occassionaly auto_win a fight I have no chance of winning that I didnt see coming. Ive got to try running through a campaign without doing that or adding some money to keep building sometime
    Yeah, only problem with this mod in particular is that you start of with a rather high army upkeep - of course you have your increased stash to help out, but unless you get your economy under control somewhat quickly then you'll either run in the red or resort to "add_money #" cheats.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Anyone knows command to add buildings to settlements, or which file determines what each settlement have in the beginning of campaign?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Well, all I know is that "process_cq "settlement_name"" finishes whatever building you are currently building.

Thanks THP. I'll try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Anyone knows command to add buildings to settlements, or which file determines what each settlement have in the beginning of campaign?
    adding buildings before the campaign starts is in descr_strat, to find the building you want check the EDB and then just follow the process of adding the building that written there to the city you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    adding buildings before the campaign starts is in descr_strat, to find the building you want check the EDB and then just follow the process of adding the building that written there to the city you want.
    Exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast