Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Map of the Main Campaign

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Preview - WIP ] The Map

Quote Originally Posted by crazyOne4u View Post
    Re Giorgo ,i mean that the map looks to me like that from the BC mod,same region on earth,thats what i mean
    Oh I see. Yeah, it's vaguely similar I suppose, though BC goes further to the East, and EoR goes further to the West. Still, this is a game with "East" in the title- if you don't like games with an Eastern setting, why on earth are you in this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Oh I see. Yeah, it's vaguely similar I suppose, though BC goes further to the East, and EoR goes further to the West. Still, this is a game with "East" in the title- if you don't like games with an Eastern setting, why on earth are you in this forum?
    no i dont have anything against the ''East'' heheh.i see now it includes some of Italy and north africa too.No,i would probably like BC too,its not about the map at all.What i didnt like in BC was the similarities in most eastern factions and this cursed ''garrison script''.Anyway thanks for not including it in to the game.I have a feeling this mod will be very good,1 last question,are any factions gonna have important similarities(im talking mostly about the units)because ok i now there will be(and its good)but too many(like 4 or 5 factions)having most units the same it would be kinda boring.

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

no i dont have anything against the ''East'' heheh.i see now it includes some of Italy and north africa too.No,i would probably like BC too,its not about the map at all.What i didnt like in BC was the similarities in most eastern factions and this cursed ''garrison script''.Anyway thanks for not including it in to the game.I have a feeling this mod will be very good,1 last question,are any factions gonna have important similarities(im talking mostly about the units)because ok i now there will be(and its good)but too many(like 4 or 5 factions)having most units the same it would be kinda boring.
    Yes, the Slavic tribes... Like "Sclavenoi" and "Antes"...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

I wanna know how important cities such as cetsiphon, kufa and Alexanderia will be (if included)?

DevrimJan's Avatar Semisalis

Well, Ctesiphon was the capital of the Sassanids, so it will be an important city, not so sure about the others though.
    My rig.

Gainward GTX 570
    Intel Core i-7 Sandybridge 2600K
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro Z68 Motherboard
    8GB RAM
    2TB Hardrive
    850W Corsair PSU

Ok, this thread is over.
    My list of most anticipated mods:

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Certain cities will be strongholds with extra economic income and advanced recrutment. You dont wanna lose these...

when is this mod planned to b released?i dont expect an answer like ''in 3 months '' or ''a year'',just an estimation

when is this mod planned to b released?i dont expect an answer like ''in 3 months '' or ''a year'',just an estimation
    Well, we working on sth now... I hope soon with this......

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

at the rate that it is going right now (at 35%) from (the 33%) last month then i guess this mod will be released in a 2013ish.
    im not a team member of this mod but i am on working on two other mods so i guess with the amount of info i see from all these previews this is the best estimate i can give.

(Too bad, the world has ended already...) Just can't wait for this mod

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    at the rate that it is going right now (at 35%) from (the 33%) last month then i guess this mod will be released in a 2013ish.
    im not a team member of this mod but i am on working on two other mods so i guess with the amount of info i see from all these previews this is the best estimate i can give.
    As i said the mod is full playable!!! We want only to remake the faction rosters... The map and the strat_map models are also almost ready... If you can help us to release it sooner, plz do it... Otherwize, plz don't quess anything... Maybe will released muuuch sooner....

Here sth to show you guys that we working on sth really great, if you can help us on the models, contact with me:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Unit made by: Auto - Nabishtam
    Minor details on their skin by: Alkimachos
    Last edited by Alkimachos; September 13, 2011 at 10:05 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Nice start...I would sugest a Frankestein way of creating unique models.
    Go and download Rusichi mod.
    Chop,bodies ,arms,heads weapons etc and create everything that could fit to the mod.
    See what you can't do and create it or aply to some who did already.
    We -as CBUR- could sent a couple helmets made by Lord_Calidor for CBUR when you will have more progress going on.
    An advice. Peseants whore tunic scimilar in shape all around the world.
    Trousers or "naked" legs though is an other matter.
    So you do not have to do diferent models for each faction's peseants or armored unit. Create some basic models and attach accessories on them
    to create what ever you need.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thanks for the advice Αντώνιε. Btw, they're spearmen......

sorry Alkimachos i would help east but my only expertise are in music and mapping and im already helping 2 mods and school so im booked way over my head to do anything else

sorry about the retarded estimation.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    sorry Alkimachos i would help east but my only expertise are in music and mapping and im already helping 2 mods and school so im booked way over my head to do anything else

sorry about the retarded estimation.
    Oh! Don't worry mate... It'a a common question among the people... So, i'm not surprized....

irishviking5's Avatar Decanus

i can not wait for this mod

Nice map work, but shouldn't it be more mountainous? I mean, the Caucasus is just a series of small valleys and doming peaks after all.

Edit. Oh and Demetrias should either be where modern Volos is or renamed to Larisa, which is the actual city that sits exactly where you placed Demetrias.

Hellenic Air Force - Death, Destruction and Mayhem!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Nice map work, but shouldn't it be more mountainous? I mean, the Caucasus is just a series of small valleys and doming peaks after all.

Edit. Oh and Demetrias should either be where modern Volos is or renamed to Larisa, which is the actual city that sits exactly where you placed Demetrias.
    Thanks for your kind words.

1) The map is outdated. I''l try (or the leader) to post new pictures soon...

2) Demetrias is the ancient name of Larissa right? So, must be on the centre of Thessaly...

No, Demetrias is very near to where Volos is. Larissa had the same name for quite some time. In fact, toponyms with the -ssa ending do not come from Greek, not even proto-Greek, which means they come from the people who inhabited Greece before the Greeks even arrived.

Hellenic Air Force - Death, Destruction and Mayhem!

1. Great Job on the mod!!! and you guys made a perfect setting for it especially with the startup of more eastern religions in that time period. 2. could I get an E.T.A on release of this mod I would like to download, play, and give as much feedback as possible when doing so.