Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Map of the Main Campaign

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [Preview] Map of the Main Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by merzhin View Post
    Hi Mr_Nygren , could i take and use the core of sassanian units for my modding project ?
    I am not sure who is the creator of the models.

- I can't hand out permissions for these rosters but you should write to Darius about who created the units. Claudillo said it wasn't his units, but rather the ones he started out with while creating his.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

all the pictures have been removed ...

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Many years have passed..
    Anyway, i do not remember who created what anymore here but try always to take a look on the credits. Anyone who wish to use the models for his own purpose can do that. Just make yourselves that you name the EoR team first.

~Alkimachos

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

How do i get the models?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    Many years have passed..
    Anyway, i do not remember who created what anymore here but try always to take a look on the credits. Anyone who wish to use the models for his own purpose can do that. Just make yourselves that you name the EoR team first.

~Alkimachos
    The problem with that is that the beta of the Main Mod remains unreleased to the public for now - as it isn't finished.

I got a code from Darius to download the WIP throught a program. The code is available for developers in the development forum still. But you need to be a developer for access to it, and Deutschland made me one in may last year.

I have also worked on it so my version is in a better shape than the one from the code. I know i can send the WIP to People who want to work on the mod. But i cannot hand out permissions for units to be ported to other projects.

Edit:

I guess you just gave me permission to provide People with the units as long as credit is given to EoR?

Also, WotN Grand Campaign Will most likely use the Thematic era Roman roster.

Thanks for your info and correct me if i did misunderstand.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 17, 2018 at 04:45 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Marble Emperor's Avatar Tiro

I'm unsure what shape the EOR campaign map is in at the moment, and I apologize if this is redundant, but I found this terrific resource that you may want to look into for future development of East of Rome. It would certainly need some adjusting to make it fit the time period, but it could definitely be done.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-Campaign-Map
    Last edited by Marble Emperor; February 21, 2018 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marble Emperor View Post
    I'm unsure what shape the EOR campaign map is in at the moment, and I apologize if this is redundant, but I found this terrific resource that you may want to look into for future development of East of Rome. It would certainly need some adjusting to make it fit the time period, but it could definitely be done.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-Campaign-Map
    All the versions have their own maps ready.

- Danube Limes is as in the release.

- End of Antiquity has the map and two factions placed out (Sassanids and Romans) but most work still needs to be done ( i will not do this).

- Main Campaign has the map ready with pretty much all factions, all agents, all generals and all resources ready.

But due to the loss of many units it needs new units to replace the entries with non-existing units. Otherwise it will CTD when trying to fight a real-time battle due to the unit-files missing.

Also, it has a few bugs that will need fixing as well in the campaign - such as mod crashing when moving the mouse over some settlements (i know how to fix this) and some generals being placed on water (like three)..

- The Havamal

Hmmm, well for the map issues, I would consider seeking help from Gigantus over in the tutorials forum. He knows the most about mapping, and is super helpful with fixing problems. As for the unit issues, I’m not sure if you remember me, but I offered to assist with making some units for EOR a while back, RL got in the way for quite a while and I ended up leaving twcenter for a few months. I am back now and I am still willing to help in this regard if you need it.

Hmmm, well for the map issues, I would consider seeking help from Gigantus over in the tutorials forum. He knows the most about mapping, and is super helpful with fixing problems. As for the unit issues, I’m not sure if you remember me, but I offered to assist with making some units for EOR a while back, RL got in the way for quite a while and I ended up leaving twcenter for a few months. I am back now and I am still willing to help in this regard if you need it.
    Sure, the factions not in TGC is most important. Also, could you send me your more serious Romans from Danube Limes with better faces?

- The Havamal

Unfortunately those files were lost as I had to switch computers and left a bunch of stuff on my old hard drive. I can re-make them though if you’d like.

Unfortunately those files were lost as I had to switch computers and left a bunch of stuff on my old hard drive. I can re-make them though if you’d like.
    I see, then i don't think it's needed but thanks anyway.

About the Main Campaign i could provide you with info about factions but i do believe i posted here about the most urgent ones in another thread.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 24, 2018 at 02:13 PM.

- The Havamal

Some recent news about the Justinian Main Campaign:

I've sent the 2017 version of the mod (the one in which i had restored certain units in the BMMDB-file, and in which i had made the Main Campaign the actual main campaign instead of Danube Limes - to Modder Komatozz911 and he have decided to help me finish the mod by creating the missing models for the factions without models- and update the models that are still Rome: Total War models- and that's the majority of factions including the Justinian Era Romans.

Below are some Romans he sent me on pictures and i'm not sure if it's his work or if he just sent me pics from this mod-forum- because he said he were remaking the Heraclian rosters but then i told him they still existed so not sure if these are new models or old:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

After being asked what factions are in need of new models i sent him the following list:

"Models of the following factions are needed:

"Goth Kingdom

Lombard Kingdom

Bulgarian Empire

Kingdom of Georgia

Caliphate"

And some minor ones like the Tulunids, Armenians, Khazar Khanate etc."

So quite a few actually- even though some of them do have RTW models.

Komatozz911 then previewed some recent work of his, namely the Goth Militia:

so, first version of goth militia:

The unit seems to be based on the Briton-models by Absinthia, and that's also true for the Heraclian Romans as well as the Gwynedd roster in The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen- Wrath of the Norsemen have these models for the Saxons i believe.

I later added the more proper list of factions in need of new units:

"Other factions of interest are:

;******************BLEMMYES*****************;

;******************BULGARS******************;

;******************CALIPHATE****************;

;******************GHASSANIDS***************;

;******************GEPIDS*******************;

;******************HEPHTHALITES*************;

;******************KARTLI*******************;

;******************LAKHMIDS*****************;

;******************VANDALS******************;"

So there are alot of odd minor factions with either no units, or they're using RTW models currently- so a lot of work to make models for all of them which is why i suggested using the De Bello Mundi Huns, the Wrath of the Norsemen Franks and keeping the Danube Limes models.

Komatozz911 wanted to edit some of the Danube Limes Roman models though, and here is a preview of his new Maurekian Roman unit with a better and less animated face etc:

As the Justinian Roman roster is totally outdated and is still using RTW models, but with some good quality shields and weapons attached to the old models- he said he'd like to update them. He had only one picture to take inspiration from which was this picture:

Komatozz911 later sent me his finished Roman unit based on the picture:

And that's the current progress of EoR Main campaign.

Of course i have a version that is more recent than the one i sent him, and where all the CTD:s of the Main Campaign have been fixed- it has a stable campaign map. Well, i told him he'd get it whenever i have implemented all the models to the mod. The mod is 100% functional in the campaign, without CTD but lacking models, or using outdated models - without the models the game will CTD when attempting to play real-time-battles.

So the mod is playable on the campaign map already, but not in battle - which is what Komatozz911 wants to fix.

I myself have said i will do the unit cards (a lot of unit cards as the Romans and Sassanids alone have 40-60 units each).

I'm also going to add the final factions to the Justinian Main Campaign map when i can.

The mod is three campaigns in one with three different maps- Justinian (Beta 0.9- only lacking the models), Danube Limes (Same as the released version, or slightly better) and End of Antiquity (A map with only two factions placed out currently).

The two first mentioned campaigns will be fully playable in an eventual release- while the third EoA campaign will not be playable in a first open beta. It might however be finished in a later update, seeing as how that is quite easy but time consuming to do whenever all the factions have their units.

Any modeller such as Marble Emperor above- or Jurcek1988 -are free to join as there are a lot of models needed for this mod. They wanted to help in the past but development didn't really take off. Marble Emperor even had some remade Danube Limes Romans with more serious faces. But he lost them later.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 31, 2020 at 04:10 AM.

- The Havamal

Thanks for the update on the development.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Good to know!
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

Komatozz have sent me previews of the new Justinian Era Roman unit "Numerus Limitaneorum"- it's been remade into what's shown in the pictures below:

It would seem Komatozz spent a lot of time adding many variations to just one unit. But they are all looking very good i'd think. Whenever the Justinian Faction has a completely remade roster i'm going to implement them.

- The Havamal

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

I was involved in the old EoR team many years ago- great to see this mod is once again in good hands!

I cant believe that I'm seeing this mod alive again !!! greatest news ever !

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    I was involved in the old EoR team many years ago- great to see this mod is once again in good hands!
    Yeah, Deutschland himself actually gave me access to the EoR Dev forum in 2017 because he liked that i were trying to restore the mod. But since then the mod weren't that much worked on and the forum got removed etc. Then came Komatozz and started to do models, exactly what the mod needed- as i did fix the remaining map-related CTD earlier during the fall of 2019 i believe.

Glad to see that you like the recent progress.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Shapur e Sassani View Post
    I cant believe that I'm seeing this mod alive again !!! greatest news ever !
    Thank you, i actually managed to get a hold of a version of the main campaign that i did improve on quite a bit since january 2017. But what were holding the mod back was the lack of models, something Komatozz is taking care of- currently remaking the models for the Justinian Romans. They had models, but they were all outdated RTW models with good shields/weapons.

He actually sent me this preview of the latest unit he have remade - the "pseudocomitatens":

And a new helmet:

I'm going to take care of implementing them, and finishing off the gameplay- after the models are all done. I'm going to do one faction at a time, so when Komatozz is done with the Justinian Era Romans then i'm going to implement them, then it will be another one etc until all of them are done.

Then i will take care of the final gameplay for the Justinian Main Campaign- End of Antiquity will not be playable in the first release.

- The Havamal

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Nice to see this mod getting back on its feet!

I don't know if any of you are aware of it or if it's of any help, but some years ago I released a unit pack containing late Roman units with many kinds of helmets, shields, standards, tunics etc. link: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post13764997

I noticed that some of the helmet models look very similar to helmet models that I did for a late Roman mod for Rome Total War way back in the day. This new pack contains much better quality models. Perhaps it's worth taking a look?
    Last edited by Razor; February 23, 2020 at 07:39 AM.