Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.3 - NTW Model Converter Now Released!

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: NTW Model Converter Beta

1) I don't see reference poses for non-human entities, like horses, etc.. Of course. I could just load an animation, but the reference might be crucial for remapping
    Propably he's looking for the horse_base.anim under animations/horse/ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Propably he's looking for the horse_base.anim under animations/horse/ ?
    Will point it out to him, cheers
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

This is great news for the modding scene, congratulations to those involved in it!

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

@ T.C.

Have you asked kungfuserge about the bones and animations, he knows quite a bit and may be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    @ T.C.

Have you asked kungfuserge about the bones and animations, he knows quite a bit and may be able to help.
    I've already found and forwarded information; stuff that Just published quite a while back

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Is it possible to make Vauban style fortification, and fortifyed city? This would be GREAT.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

If you can dream it you can do it!

Just dont expect too much help :p.

Oh well, I am no good at modding.

As soon as map moding is available.. someone should... y'know... port over the MTW2 English Civil War Mod ^_^

and fortifyed city
    Edit the farm_field_tile_template files and place some buildings, edit the the textures et voila, you have you have a small citiy inside of the fort.

Hi,

didn't get around to do a lot, today, no time, sorry... anyways, the skeleton extraction works fine, except for the fact that they are upside down. This might be intended (=the use a weird coordsys, but I don't think so), or a glitch on my side, or a different representation in the file format, or a problem with milkshape. The latter, I already had for the normals, they are interpreted by MS3D in reverse, and nobody knows why (no doc, either - the importer adjusts that already).

Anyways, find attached a screenshot. The selected bone (the red one in the viewport) is a locator, in this case the attachment point for plumes, which, relative to the skeleton looks correct, I guess. The mesh in the screenshot (still turned, though), is the belgian shako, so you can compare this offset to the size of this headgear and tell me if it looks about right. Obviously, the shako shouldn't lay on the side - that's on my todo.

On the "bad news"-side - the maximum length for bone names in milkshape is 32 characters (yes, old tool, I know, but still... facepalm), which might be a problem - I'm gonna shorten the "LOCATOR_"-prefix to "LOC_" because of that. I don't think you'll have bone names that are longer, but if so, I have to find a creative way to preserve that data.

Anyways, please post the screenshot, and ask people (especially the guy who did the old animations), if they know something about this flipping of skeletons - I just don't really like the fact to simply flip them around, if it really turns out to be a bug. Maybe somebody knows.

Well yes, basically just post this mail

Cheers

Edit the farm_field_tile_template files and place some buildings, edit the the textures et voila, you have you have a small citiy inside of the fort.
    I have no idea how to edit textures.

A little update - milkshape may be dropped as the platform for this tool. It's causing quite a few problems. Potential candidates are Maya, 3dsMax or possibly Blender. If Blender is suitable I'll ask the dev to use it - it's open source

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Tell him to use whatever will yield the best results.

Honestly this is an online modding community, its not like any of those programs are inaccesible to us.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

I agree, Blender should be a better solution than Maya or 3dsMax, even if it need to learn how to use it
    Blender is open source, free and an all-round 3D software

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

3dsMax
    Please!

Would work better for him too, since his main area of plugin development are max and maya.

Just for information, there is a student program by autodesk in cooperation with a lot of schools and universities, were you are able to use all autdesk programs for free. I was rather suprised to find my university (rather small and unimportant) is participating too, since it has nothing to do with animation, 3d or architecture.
    Last edited by Primergy; June 16, 2011 at 07:45 AM.

would this by chance be compatible, or at least in the future, with shogun 2?

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

gahhh not max please...
    (unless primergy feels like becoming a tireless conversion overworked underpaid workhorse ).

Quote Originally Posted by Don Of Atheos View Post
    would this by chance be compatible, or at least in the future, with shogun 2?
    No. Not unless its entirelly reworked, theoreticly the same format but more bones + updates = problems.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Please!

Would work better for him too, since his main area of plugin development are max and maya.

Just for information, there is a student program by autodesk in cooperation with a lot of schools and universities, were you are able to use all autdesk programs for free. I was rather suprised to find my university (rather small and unimportant) is participating too, since it has nothing to do with animation, 3d or architecture.
    I really hope not 3DS max nor Maya.
    Not all modders are still at university

As Blender is open source and free, I really think it's a good choice for the community, easier to afford than the 2 others.
    Last edited by wangrin; June 16, 2011 at 11:03 AM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

If its just for conversions, Blender seems the clear best candidate.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.