Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.3 - NTW Model Converter Now Released!

Default Re: v1.1 - NTW Model Converter Now Released!

error
    Last edited by nowerman; September 25, 2011 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nowerman View Post
    I understand what I see ; so far nothing came out from here ; and of course no tutorial ; .... (not everyone is as advanced as you are)

You gave us the hope:
    That's even more frustrating for all the people who have followed this thread from the beginning and had placed an hope in it.

If you pretend to know something that we were all waitting for ; and don't want to show it , than it's better to remain quite !
    I don't have time at present, I assume Primergy doesn't either. Amazingly, we can both use this tool and we never had a tutorial.

I joke, there is secretly a comprehensive tutorial that both I and Primergy are hiding from TWC as part of our plans for world domination

My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

I joke, there is secretly a comprehensive tutorial that both I and Primergy are hiding from TWC as part of our plans for world domination

Shame on you! You revealed our secret :/.

error
    Last edited by nowerman; September 25, 2011 at 03:08 PM.

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Hey nowerman, if you want to see what this tool can really do, look at The Great War Mods thread, they have the best use of this new tool.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Hi nowerman - I think the issue is expectation, and what can be achieved.

As Hedge Knight said to use the tool you really need to understand Milkshape first, as the tool allows import and export via that platform.

From there each of our approaches/work flows are different as we all use a variety of platforms to Mod and tweak.

The best bet I would suggest is install the tool in milkshape use it and if you have specific questions/issues ask them and I'm sure that they will be answered in due course, assuming somebody knows. (it is a new tool after all)

Perhaps once you have then concluded an import and export of a model, try making a step by step tutorial using one of the variety of screenshot tools. I'm sure if you asked the T.C., primergy etc., for their views/input at that stage they would be delighted to assist, then once complete make a new thread a post the tutorial
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    Hey nowerman, if you want to see what this tool can really do, look at The Great War Mods thread, they have the best use of this new tool.
    Ya thats true, but in WW1, most of the uniforms looks the same and there couldnt be so much variations.
    In primergys civil war mod, he can make a confederate unit, which have 30 different uniforms and colors in it. THATS variation
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

error
    Last edited by nowerman; September 25, 2011 at 03:09 PM.

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by nowerman View Post
    Hi Hinkel ; in the NTW ( Blue and the Grey)
    I cannot see any pics in game using different faces and uniform and in the WWI they still have the musket as weapons ; so what's the difference ; I really don't understand :

where are the screenshots !?
    Hey mate,

the NTW converter was finished about 2 weeks ago and it needs a while to create the new uniforms
    For the faces: In my NTW version, I see at least 8 different faces without any mods. Also in Empire I can see 4 different faces. Some other guys just have 2, but me and Primergy have both 8 different faces in vanilla NTW.

For the mod: Just wait some more weeks, cause its not easy to make new uniforms and get them ready for the game. So what do you expect, when an editor was released 2 weeks ago?

Maybe you can donate Primergy, cause he bought a 3d tool for 100 dollar just to create a free mod for you guys!
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Ntw vanilla has around 45 faces on some atlas'.

And lets me real here, the max practical is around6 of any part other than faces (unless you are doing the face texture trick to load multiple textures on the same model).

error
    Last edited by nowerman; September 25, 2011 at 03:09 PM.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Hi nowerman - I think you misunderstood what Hinkel said.

Do you have Milkshape?

Have you downloaded the tool?

Have you installed the tool?

Have you read through the posts in the thread?

I assume this is a given, but you own NTW?

Have you tried to use the tool in Milkshape?

The 3D tool Hinkel referenced is seperate to this and is part of primergys efforts to improve his already good work.

Rep is of course at the discrestion of the individual, but courtesy and respect should really be a given.
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Jakethe_Snake15's Avatar Ordinarius

Nowerman, be patient.
    Seriously, just because you want something from people who are just getting used to the new tool, and may not have had time to put any sort of a tutorial together doesn't mean it's not happening.
    And also, re-read what they were saying about the $100 3d tool.

NTW modders and mod fans have been waiting for this for a lot longer than a few weeks, so just be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Spader/Alan Shore "Boston Legal"
    I've always been convinced that friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Ya thats true, but in WW1, most of the uniforms looks the same and there couldnt be so much variations.
    In primergys civil war mod, he can make a confederate unit, which have 30 different uniforms and colors in it. THATS variation
    Actually, I believe he meant the fact that the Great War's units are to become so substantially different from N:TW vanilla units that the converter is of crucial importance to us (helmets, gas masks etc. etc.), whereas other mods can mostly rely on existing variant files (EiC, NTW3 and so forth). The B&G mod looks better just using vanilla N:TW models than TGW does.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

The B&G mod looks better just using vanilla N:TW models than TGW does.
    I see you definitly have no idea about civil war uniforms.
    Till now i only found one part which could be reused and that's the trouser of some cavalry guy^^.

What Hinkel wants to say is that the Main Advantage of the NTW System is that you can have a lot of variation in a Unit, while the etw format only allows 2 variations per part.
    And since most uniforms of the WWI were basicly standarizied with little variation the etw format would have been good enough (and you could have exlusive unitmodels years ago), while a confederate unit wasn't uniform at all and so it offers completly new possibilities to me.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

I would like to add something, albeit late,

TUTORIAL SECTION THREAD !!!
    this section is titled "Tools, Tutorials and Resources"

This thread has the tag [Tool]

Tutorial not necessarily included

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    I see you definitly have no idea about civil war uniforms.
    Till now i only found one part which could be reused and that's the trouser of some cavalry guy^^.

What Hinkel wants to say is that the Main Advantage of the NTW System is that you can have a lot of variation in a Unit, while the etw format only allows 2 variations per part.
    And since most uniforms of the WWI were basicly standarizied with little variation the etw format would have been good enough (and you could have exlusive unitmodels years ago), while a confederate unit wasn't uniform at all and so it offers completly new possibilities to me.
    True, but (or rather, to build on what you said) the N:TW format is still very superior to the E:TW format even disregarding clothing. Part of the reason (the other part was of course the prospect of an oncoming variant part converter) we never actually decided to import and edit E:TW models was that there are, at most, two to four facial variations.

While N:TW uniforms can be edited and retextured to give satisficial results (as has been done with British, German and French coats), there is no way to increase the number of faces for E:TW. It might seem like a minor detail, but the clone armies of E:TW left a bad impression across the Total War community (and it wasn't due to the clothing - this was the dawn of the era of the uniform, after all - but rather the same faces popping up on every fourth soldier).

The new model converter, on our part, opens up opportunities to add interesting units - with stahlhelms, broadies, adrians and gas masks - using N:TW's variety between faces and parts.
    Last edited by Aanker; August 21, 2011 at 08:42 AM.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    True, but (or rather, to build on what you said) the N:TW format is still very superior to the E:TW format even disregarding clothing. Part of the reason (the other part was of course the prospect of an oncoming variant part converter) we never actually decided to import and edit E:TW models was that there are, at most, two to four facial variations.

While N:TW uniforms can be edited and retextured to give satisficial results (as has been done with British, German and French coats), there is no way to increase the number of faces for E:TW. It might seem like a minor detail, but the clone armies of E:TW left a bad impression across the Total War community (and it wasn't due to the clothing - this was the dawn of the era of the uniform, after all - but rather the same faces popping up on every fourth soldier).

The new model converter, on our part, opens up opportunities to add interesting units - with stahlhelms, broadies, adrians and gas masks - using N:TW's variety between faces and parts.
    aanker, did you make some tries with gaz masks? it would be awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    aanker, did you make some tries with gaz masks? it would be awesome...
    I'm not a modeller myself (I only texture the stuff BDIZZLE makes, but my work with his models and the atlas has taught me some things), but the question is whether a gas mask would work best as a face variant or helmet... Probably facial variant as different factions (with different helmets) used very similar gas masks.

Dominicvs's Avatar Biarchus

Are you looking into making it possible for other programs like 3ds MAX or Blender, or Maya.