Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Animation packs

Default Re: Animation packs

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa0 View Post
    If you are using a steam-based installation, you cannot regenerate .dat and .idx files.
    Ahhh that's so weird :/ So it's not possible to edit animations on a steam version?

Medusa0's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by AleksiMizaro View Post
    Ahhh that's so weird :/ So it's not possible to edit animations on a steam version?
    Not weird at all, considering that the executibles was modified to include both Kingdoms and Vanilla functions, probably streamlined at the expenses of modding abilities. I keep an old disk version handy just for these types of situation. I would hope that someone out there has figured out how to do so with the latest steam version though.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa0 View Post
    If you are using a steam-based installation, you cannot regenerate .dat and .idx files.
    That information is incorrect. I have been generating animation IDX and DAT files for years now on Steam based mods. Just deleted them from my EBII installation to confirm: no problem with generating new ones.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 18, 2016 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    That information is incorrect. I have been generating animation IDX and DAT files for years now on Steam based mods. Just deleted them from my EBII installation to confirm: no problem with generating new ones.
    Suddenly I have hope again xD I'll mess around with it some more, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

@Briarius ! u r an excellent animator i know! good luck & thank u for tutorial!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

FrunkSpace | Mod Announcements | Colonies & Empires

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. I am the proud patron of:

atthias | PaulH | Athos187

Could someone reupload the pack?

Blog Entries

It's still there, the link is in the drop down in the OP (click on the "TUTORIAL ABOUT ANIMATION MODDING" field): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3597

Thx Gigantus, but i ment the pack from Briarius

Blog Entries

Oh, that's a bummer:
    "(Please find the .zip file int the Attachments) In the pack..you'll find all the necessary files :"

Must have been one of the in line attachments that got lost during a system glitch a few years ago. Briarius hasn't been online for two years so that is a problem. Maybe follow up from the links he gave regarding the use by others? If you succeed let me know so that I can arrange for a permanent upload in our download section and valid links in the OP.

I know at least about two users, who already using these animations,
    @Radioman http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...03#post8925803
    @Nevada in Gothic Total war http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...45#post8906945

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Oh, that's a bummer:
    "(Please find the .zip file int the Attachments) In the pack..you'll find all the necessary files :"

Must have been one of the in line attachments that got lost during a system glitch a few years ago. Briarius hasn't been online for two years so that is a problem. Maybe follow up from the links he gave regarding the use by others? If you succeed let me know so that I can arrange for a permanent upload in our download section and valid links in the OP.

I know at least about two users, who already using these animations,
    @Radioman http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...03#post8925803
    @Nevada in Gothic Total war http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...45#post8906945
    Hi Gigantus and everyone,

Attachments have been re-uploaded in the opening post and links are working again! Feel free to use them.

Cheers

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Maintenance is lacking in many of the threads here, that's why it's very much appreciated when provided, thank you, sir!

Briarius, the text you wrote in your tutorial is all running off the right side of my screen so that I can't see much of it. Is anyone else having this problem? I can't follow your instructions if I can't see them.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Hello Kilgore Trout,

I also cant see the right edges of the text.
    One way to make it all readable is using the "Thread Tools/ Show Printable Version" Button.

Best regards

Thanks, I fixed that problem myself by copying and pasting into word, but I still don't understand the tutorial. Below is all that I can perhaps semi understand.

What I want to do is import the animation from the taxotae a archer from The Great Conflicts mod into Stainless Steel 6.4. I have imported the unit model correctly, but without the new animations it of course causes a crash.

1. Use the MTWMT to unpack pack.dat, pack.idx, skeleton.dat, and skeleton.idx from the data/animations folder.
    2. Delete the same four files from the data/animations folder.
    3. add “ [util] no_animdb = true to .cfg file
    4. Somehow add the animations you want to import to desc_skeleton.txt using notepad.
    5. Run and game will regenerate the four files you deleted with the new animations included.

Obviously I am missing a few crucial steps here, such as where and how to put the imported animations, and exactly how to add the needed lines to the desc_skeleton.txt file. Can anyone help, please?
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; July 06, 2020 at 09:41 AM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

You cant regenerate the files by using the unpacked files from the MTWMT. These have different format than the ones the game needs.
    CA released their originial files, you can find the download in the forums.
    If you want original files from a mod you have to either ask the creator or write a programm that regenerates the original files from the unpacked ones. (its possible, got a semi-prototype working)
    (This doesnt mean you cant add animations from one mod to another, if i understand correctly you already managed to do that)
    Last edited by Jojo00182; July 26, 2020 at 09:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Using Vercingetorix's unpacker (in the download here) you will get the proper CAS files - but the EVT files that contain the sound reference are not extracted. No problem if those are default entries, if it's custom files then you will need to adjust the entry in descr_skeleton or create your own. Simple text file with a custom extension.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 26, 2020 at 10:24 PM.

Iam pretty sure that the unpacker wont get you the proper files in MTW2. These files only contain rotation & position data (and few extras). They are missing the filestructure and the skeleton of the normal .cas file.
    If anyone needs .evt files, write me on discord, i can get you any event files out of a skeleton.dat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234