Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [PItalica2] Bug/CTD Reports Thread

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [PItalica2] Bug/CTD Reports Thread

no problem,

Ill enjoy the game no doubt I am glad i could help in somme way

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Played this on windows XP with no problem. Anyone knows if this works on windows 7? Cause I get a crash upon loading. Says unspecified error.

Gertrudius's Avatar Hans Olo

I don't know if it's a bug or what, but In the last several defensive siege battles I've done (as the Greek cities), my missile unit's either fail entirely to throw/lob their projectile, or only a a couple guys in the whole unit do so and infrequently at that. I seem to remember this being brought up before, or maybe it just happened to me before and I forgot to report it.

guys it's been an excellent mod so far (I'm referring to both PI's, the one for the BI engine and the latter currently developed for Kingdoms). For the Kingdoms verion of the mod I've been playing so far with most of the factions (I've even unlocked some unplayable) and I've noticed four bugs so far -if I can call them bugs, which I dont know if they have already been mentioned: a) in my Greek city states campaign during the siege of some Lucanian and Apulian cities the defenders though they defend the walls effectively, they are at the same time somehow invisible or partly visible, you can only see an aura of them like being apparitions!!! b) the other thing is that the buildings of the cities have mosques, american pyramids etc are all of these going to be removed later on?, c) in my siculoi campaign in sicily, the generals bodyguards have the fleur de lis of the french army, d) last but not least, in my GCS campaign i've reached the year 322 BC, and I remember someone of the team mentioning of a script scenario of an invasion of the army of Alexander of Epirus in Italy.Well it has not happened yet. I only get Greek philosophers. Is it going to be implemented in a later version of the mod? I assume that all mentioned above are going to be corrected or added in the beta version right? Anyways thumbs up for your effort, keep it up!

Firstly, thank you for your comments, and glad to see that you liked playing the mod.
    I will try to give you some answers :

Quote Originally Posted by Amphaneos View Post
    (a) in my Greek city states campaign during the siege of some Lucanian and Apulian cities the defenders though they defend the walls effectively, they are at the same time somehow invisible or partly visible, you can only see an aura of them like being apparitions!!!
    I remember something like that in my campaigns too, and remember it was already observed before.

(b) the other thing is that the buildings of the cities have mosques, american pyramids etc are all of these going to be removed later on?
    Later, those buildings will be removed, of course not to mention they are completely historically inaccurate.

(c) in my siculoi campaign in sicily the generals bodyguards have the fleur de lis of the french army.
    O.o ... never seen that, and play like 3 times with the sicily in campaigns, thank you for this helpful observation. Can you give some details ? it appears sometimes, or always ?, it was the flag or the skin of the unit ?

(d) last but not least, in my GCS campaign i've reached the year 322 BC, and I remember someone of the team mentioning of a script scenario of an invasion of the army of Alexander of Epirus in Italy.Well it has not happened yet. I only get Greek philosophers. Is it going to be implemented in a later version of the mod?
    Easy answer, it will be implemented later. Hmmm but to give you and information it was the army of : Pyrrhus of Epirus .

Hope that you will continue to give us some feedbacks and opinions on the mod

Skyn0s
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyn0s View Post
    Easy answer, it will be implemented later. Hmmm but to give you and information it was the army of : Pyrrhus of Epirus .
    Actually I'm pretty sure that the possibility of both the incursions of Alexander I of Epirus (334 BC) and Pyrrhus (280? BC) were brought up. Whether they had both been settled on as far as realistic future plans are concerned I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrudius! View Post
    Actually I'm pretty sure that the possibility of both the incursions of Alexander I of Epirus (334 BC) and Pyrrhus (280? BC) were brought up. Whether they had both been settled on as far as realistic future plans are concerned I don't know.
    I thought about the Pyrrhus script, that we've spoke before, i have missunderstand the idea of Amphaneos.

I don't know a lot about the campaign of Alexander I of Epirus, (Alexander Molossus) in the southern italic peninsula.
    If you have some links, or documents about him, it would be really interesting to have some other precisions.

Don't know if it will be plan to integrate another script of conquest, at the beginning of the period that we choose for PI2.
    Last edited by Skyn0s; November 11, 2011 at 09:07 PM.
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

thanks Gertrudius for the remark I was referring to the incursion of Alexander's (the great) uncle, Alexander I of Epirus. Unfortunately, I have not played the game 'til 280 BC, so I wouldn't possibly know about Pyrrhus invading or not Italy! Skynos two online secondary sources to look it up http://ebooks.cambridge.org/chapter....0511698132A019 and http://www.livius.org/aj-al/alexande...r_molossis.htm, I can also send you links for the primary sources as well if you need them. Concerning the siculoi campaign the fleur de lis is the decorative motif of the saddles of the generals horses, another funny thing I've noticed that made me finish the campaign prematurely in sicily is that the siculoi can't recruit any army at all, apart from ships! But I do know that the reason for that might be, their not being a playable faction(I do admit I went to the descr strat text file to unlock them, me greedy). However, by being underdogs, my opinion is that they are a very interesting faction to play with, just struggling for survival in between two powerhouses, the syracusians and the carthaginians. I also forgot to mention that in my GCS campaign I'm unable to recruit diplomats, though I do think I have the necessary buildings to recruit them! anyways thank you both for answering, waiting for your reply

hmmm, i remember that the diplomat recruitment was a bug already known, but thanks again ^^.
    Concerning the playable faction, i think you are right, but for the moment, we work on a re-fresh of the existing units, so it will take a while since we will be able (free time you say ? ^^) to work on it.

Thank you a lot for those interesting links, i will read them and give you some feedback, to have some precisions, if i can recognize that i haven't the proper knowledges !

Skyn0s
    Last edited by Skyn0s; November 14, 2011 at 07:13 AM.

Take your time Skynos and the whole PI team and please PM me if you need assistance !!!

So I started my first Sabine campaign, and I noticed a problem with recruitment in Nursia. There's an available recruitment pool, but I can't seem to actually recruit any units. I upgraded the town to check if that changed anything, and after you build the next upgrade it seems to fix the problem.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thank you for the report Gertrudius.

Hi

Every time i try to play on the battle map the game/mod crashes.
    It doesnt say why. Has anyone already had this bug?

please help

thanks

EDIT: Sorry i forgot to install the patch, it all works fine now, very good mod!
    Last edited by Sebastianus Somerus; March 13, 2012 at 02:30 PM.

Im not sure if its a bug . Im Conquered half Italy with Sabine , i have more than 20 ports but i cant build any ships because i need to have 20% of roman culture on it . The problem is that there arent any buildings that allow to increase the culture of your faction .

Hey, I just started playing your mod and I noticed two things:

- the mini-map on the campaign map sometimes gets stuck off centre with the faction color overlap (this sometimes fixes itself after a battle) f.e. Carthaginian Sardinia is colored in open sea between Italy and the island itself.

- on the battle map units that are assaulting me sometimes stop just before reaching my lines (=nose to nose) and just keep standing there until I charge my troops into them. Could be a bug, or some strange tactic of the enemy

Oh well, back to playing the game. Great work! Love the mod!!
    If life did have a meaning, we would still be searching for it under pebbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    Im not sure if its a bug . Im Conquered half Italy with Sabine , i have more than 20 ports but i cant build any ships because i need to have 20% of roman culture on it . The problem is that there arent any buildings that allow to increase the culture of your faction .
    Hi Lord Willy,

I don't know if it's a bug, the one who can answer your question is SigniferOne, or probably alhoon.
    Try to contact them if you need your respond, otherwise wait for their passage here.

Quote Originally Posted by kolominas View Post
    Hey, I just started playing your mod and I noticed two things:

- the mini-map on the campaign map sometimes gets stuck off centre with the faction color overlap (this sometimes fixes itself after a battle) f.e. Carthaginian Sardinia is colored in open sea between Italy and the island itself.

- on the battle map units that are assaulting me sometimes stop just before reaching my lines (=nose to nose) and just keep standing there until I charge my troops into them. Could be a bug, or some strange tactic of the enemy

Oh well, back to playing the game. Great work! Love the mod!!

Hi kolominas,

Thank you for your participation on the bug reports :

- Concerning the colored bugs, i didn't notice them, will add them to the list.

- For the battle map, it was already a known bug, thank you for sharing your experience here, we will try to correct this annoying bug later.

Friendly,

Skyn0s

bleach's Avatar Biarchus

does Syracuse have diplomats? I can't build them for some reason.

How do I activate the log report?

The mod works fine for me, but when I made a custom battle and started, the screen loads but has an "Unexpected Error" right over. So I can't even play the battle. Please help!
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

If we have any solutions concerning this bug, we will inform you.
    Skyn0s