Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: [PItalica2] Bug/CTD Reports Thread

Default Re: [PItalica2] Bug/CTD Reports Thread

Getting the same issue as MikiST385, fights against the Greeks as the Brettii results in a crash everytime.

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

hi everybody,

i think installed the new PI version in the correct path. i also deleted the older version before. but everytime i get a cdt. when i launch pi2, the classic med2 kingdoms screen appears from the start, then crash and back to desktop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ctd pi2.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	309512

see tha last lines of the log:

when testing <FatherAttribute> condition
    18:15:11.500 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <ChivalryLegacy_Level2>
    : FatherAttribute needs a father record.

18:15:11.500 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <DreadLegacy_Level1>

18:15:11.500 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <DreadLegacy_Level2>

18:15:55.546 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PItalica2/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    18:15:55.546 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PItalica2/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    18:16:05.062 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PItalica2/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    18:16:06.015 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    18:16:06.031 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    18:16:06.937 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PItalica2/data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    18:16:06.937 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    18:16:06.937 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PItalica2/data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    18:16:06.953 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PItalica2/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    18:16:06.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    18:16:06.953 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PItalica2/data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    18:16:06.953 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PItalica2/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    18:16:06.953 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PItalica2/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    18:16:06.953 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PItalica2/data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    18:16:06.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    18:16:06.953 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PItalica2/data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing

what went wrong???

I dont see anything wrong, i mean major think. The other mods r working?

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

all other mods are working fine. and i installed the pi-mod again and again...

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

trying to fight a battle in game with Syracuse causes a ctd every time.

EDIT: real time battles with Greek factions causes ctd's.
    Last edited by Prince of Judah; January 26, 2015 at 09:58 PM.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Siege battle?

I fixed it. I modified the .bat to work with steam.

Unfortunately Oscan cultures including Samnites cannot train any diplomats so now this otherwise wonderful mod I find unplayable.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Recruiting diplomats is not possible for some factions with the recent version. This will be fixed in the next version. I would recommend to play this version with the Romans and Carthagians because these already had been reworked. Next version sees a rework of the Celts and Greeks and the Italians are due to 1.0
    Last edited by KEA; February 06, 2015 at 01:45 AM.

When is the next version coming out?

KEA's Avatar Senator

when it is finished

Except the crashes when using ekdromoi hoplites this mod is working fine.
    Very good mod by the way.

Just downloaded and re-installed the mod and the patch all units are good.

King_Z's Avatar Foederatus

When playing the campaign as Rome and I am besieging with a ram it does not start hitting the gate for a while, sometimes it just happens suddenly.
    Also it wont save my video preferences after I exit game and return I have to redo the video settings.

I have;
    Paeninsula Italica II v0.97
    Morfeasnikos' Patch
    Win8.1

KEA's Avatar Senator

Yes, siege battles are somewhat buggy because of some extreme hights on the strat map. This also causes the floating walls, as well as random CTDs in Sicily. I hope to get that fixed for the next release.

Concerning your settings: please check the cfg-file if it defines video settings you wish to change. The cfg outrules any previous setti.gs when starting a new campaign. Either change or delete said setting according to your prefernces.