Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [PItalica2] Bug/CTD Reports Thread

Default Re: [PItalica2] Bug/CTD Reports Thread

Thank you. Will stay tuned.
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

Hi , don't know if below things have been mentioned before, but these are what I noticed so far in my campaign (0.96+patch1) :
    - flags around the city center are still medieval-flags.
    - cretan archer picture in the pop-up description is a peasant picture.
    - units get no experience upgrade after a battle.
    - units can not be upgraded/retrained after building some armoury building in settlements.
    No CTD's yet, so that's an awesome thing.....and your patch1 brought incredible upgrades in quality in comparison to the unpatched 0.96: Really much more fun to play the patched version !!

Keep up the good work !
    PS How many members are in the PI2 team nowadays ?

Paleo's Avatar Miles

i wouldn't say any of these things are necessarily bugs, just things that havn't been changed yet, atm there are 3 regularly active, and together we are working on unit improvements and 2d art improvements, i think someone on the team with more experience with coding or whatever can talk to you about unit experience and retrainingt. ect

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
    i wouldn't say any of these things are necessarily bugs, just things that havn't been changed yet, atm there are 3 regularly active, and together we are working on unit improvements and 2d art improvements, i think someone on the team with more experience with coding or whatever can talk to you about unit experience and retrainingt. ect

thanks
    I must say that other members are working on Script.
    We are not so much members . But the one said above, and the two others working on the scripts are active.

Concerning the flag, it's the medieval one because we haven't work on that i think.
    As the cretan archer will change with the new models we are creating, the picture will change soon, but good to know that yet the picture isn't the right one.

For the upgrade, don't know why it doesn't work, good to have notice it. (i don't know if the team worked on that part previously).
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Gertrudius's Avatar Hans Olo

I was just starting a new Etruscan campaign, and I was dithering between the Raseanna or Tuscan Leagues. While clicking between the two options in the faction selection menu, I noticed that the faction area shown on the mini map doesn't correspond to either faction, as they seem to be switched. Here's a pic illustrating what I'm talking about:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As you can see, while the Raseanna league is selected, the map is displaying the territory of the Tuscan league.

Slor's Avatar Civis

Hello all!

A few of us have had trouble with archers/skirmishers(ground and cav) in this game. After a couple hours of testing(i think all of them) I tweaked some of their values and found some of the formation spacing was set too high(/shrug as to how it actually created a prob) Anyway i set all of the high unit count(didn't adjust ANY low unit # squads ie: 12-20man units, they all worked fine) archers to a value as high as 1.6, 3.2, 6. Anything higher kept making the buggy ones not fire right. The only unit i couldn't fix was GCS Pheraspis Tarentine Calvary. The throwing animation for this unit seems to be missing.

Feel free to use this if you wish. My only hope is to save you guys time. Happy New Year!!

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

TY, gonna wait for the next version, Its on the horizon... I can smell it

I CTD when I joined a battle at the city Northeast of...crap I cant remember The settlement starts with C and is in the mountains. Playing as the Romans and have a full army attacking some rebels. I skirmish for a bit then when the battle is joined I crash. This didnt happen at any of the other battles before, though I saved then got off then got back on. Other than that great, amazing, fantastic mod!!! I love it! The attention to detail, the tactics its just amazing.

samsuffit39's Avatar Laetus

How we make to recruit diplomats?
    i ' began two campaigns with syracuse and the Greek cities, I do not find .

samsuffit39's Avatar Laetus

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

i just downloaded pi2 and in my first siege of agaria my game craches all the time, i play as romans
    error says medival kingdoms stopt working for an unknown problem?
    did i something wrong with installing this mod

I get that error too.

I made an complete fresh re-installation now but the problem is still there.
    When I play as the greeks and attack a Brettian town and then they sally forth to meet me, I don't experience any ctd.
    But when I play as Carthage and attack Hyppana (rebel town) and they sally forth to meet me, I experience ctd.
    Custom siege battles also gives ctd.

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

i cant even start the game, when at the first loading screen it says: "Med2TW encountered an unspecific error and will now exit."

i installed it over a totally new kingdoms, with one mod in it, which works properly!

Please help, v 0.96 worked without issues!

thanks for the help!!!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardius View Post
    i cant even start the game, when at the first loading screen it says: "Med2TW encountered an unspecific error and will now exit."

i installed it over a totally new kingdoms, with one mod in it, which works properly!

Please help, v 0.96 worked without issues!

thanks for the help!!!
    Got the same problem: uninstalling 0,96 and installing 0,97 into mods/PItalica2 (new map in mods folder I gave that name, based on the exe. File) solved it for me, although i honestly wouldn't know if it would work in other situations.

I however get a CTD when i click custom battles in the start menu. The campaign so far has given me no malfunctions, including a siege battle in which the enemy sallied out. For some reason however the screen shrinks during the starting of the game, meaning the desktop background is visible right and under the (not fullscreen, as usual) game screen.

Help would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post

Got the same problem: uninstalling 0,96 and installing 0,97 into mods/PItalica2 (new map in mods folder I gave that name, based on the exe. File) solved it for me, although i honestly wouldn't know if it would work in other situations.

I however get a CTD when i click custom battles in the start menu. The campaign so far has given me no malfunctions, including a siege battle in which the enemy sallied out. For some reason however the screen shrinks during the starting of the game, meaning the desktop background is visible right and under the (not fullscreen, as usual) game screen.

Help would be much appreciated!
    Here, I just edited the cfg file. Just place it inside the PItalica2 folder and overwrite with the original one
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jupiter93; June 21, 2013 at 04:55 PM.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter93 View Post
    Here, I just edited the cfg file. Just place it inside the PItalica2 folder and overwrite with the original one
    Thanks dude! Full screen is back and no ctd anymore when trying a custom battle.
    I cannot find the +rep button anywhere it seems. Perhaps i do not have enough posts, though.

It's okay The important thing is that your problem is fixed

Yes, rep.2U2, Jupiter93: Thnx.4.d.fix: gonna try it quickly !

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Thanks a lot! +rep!!!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

I'm having some problems with some of the textures. Not sure if I got a bad download or what. Here's three of the units, i'll check for more.Thanks
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    Last edited by the man, the myth, the legend; June 22, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC