Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The EBII Recruitment thread

Default Re: The EBII Recruitment thread

Need more playtesters? I volunteer

If you guys are still in need of trait scripters, I'd like to volunteer. I've already had some experience working with the EDCT and text scripting stuff on my own. Let me know if y'all want me on board.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Hello EB Team, I would like to volunteer as playtester.

The new version will come with new texts and descriptions! Unfortunately, several of them have been written by myself, so we need a proofreader to do the dirty work and fix my limited writing. So, do we have any brave volunteers?

And we still need volunteers who know how to do traits, textures, units models, settlements and strat models

Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    The new version will come with new texts and descriptions! Unfortunately, several of them have been written by myself, so we need a proofreader to do the dirty work and fix my limited writing. So, do we have any brave volunteers?
    I would love to help!

Foederatus

Hello all,

I'm currently a MA student focusing on medieval Welsh literature. However, I have been taking classes on philology and have access to my university library with extensive texts on the "Celts" - my inner academic would say all of this mod with regard to them other than the panoply of the units is fantasy but even if it is it's fun nonetheless! I've noticed that the voice-lines and seemingly the language the units are localized in for Britons and Gauls are the same, and this is not what I understand to be the understanding of the division and development of the Celtic languages today. The "P-" and "Q-" distinction is not really the most relevant difference anymore even if it's the most famous (even the Gauls were not even uniformly "P-Celtic," cf. the Sequani.) I have a rudimentary understanding of the sound-changes in Insular Celtic from Proto-Celtic, and I could help with re-localizing these, unless they're already done this way and I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by benfras View Post
    Hello all,

I'm currently a MA student focusing on medieval Welsh literature. However, I have been taking classes on philology and have access to my university library with extensive texts on the "Celts" - my inner academic would say all of this mod with regard to them other than the panoply of the units is fantasy but even if it is it's fun nonetheless! I've noticed that the voice-lines and seemingly the language the units are localized in for Britons and Gauls are the same, and this is not what I understand to be the understanding of the division and development of the Celtic languages today. The "P-" and "Q-" distinction is not really the most relevant difference anymore even if it's the most famous (even the Gauls were not even uniformly "P-Celtic," cf. the Sequani.) I have a rudimentary understanding of the sound-changes in Insular Celtic from Proto-Celtic, and I could help with re-localizing these, unless they're already done this way and I'm mistaken.
    It wasn't really worth recording a whole separate voicemod for the Britons just to stick a couple of reconstructed enclitic particles in there. It's not thought that the people the Romans called Sequani were therefore Q-Celts.
    Resident Language Geek
    Baseless Assertions on the Celts Since 1996

Foederatus

It wasn't really worth recording a whole separate voicemod for the Britons just to stick a couple of reconstructed enclitic particles in there. It's not thought that the people the Romans called Sequani were therefore Q-Celts.
    Hmm... Fair enough. If the team ever changes its mind I'd be happy to help. As for the Sequani that's just one example - I didn't mean they were speakers of "proper" Q-Celtic with all the other sound changes that entails, just that there are some fundamental differences within surviving Gaulish inscriptions as a way of stressing the independence of Brythonic. So for the survival of /kw/ e.g. EQUOS on the Coligny calendar (from the supposedly illiterate druids!), Sequani/a and Quariates. I suppose in this context some of the sound changes with case markers wouldn't matter anyways i.e. Brittonic andagin (Bath pendant): acc. sg. of andaga ‘no-good woman’ but possible Gaulish catacim acc. sg. < *Catācā (fem. Of Catācos > Cadog) on the Celtic Bath curse-tablet.

We do plan to eventually finish voicemods for the Celtiberian speaking Arevaci and the something-like-Lepontic speaking Boii including those -m accusatives.
    Resident Language Geek
    Baseless Assertions on the Celts Since 1996

What level of expertise are you looking for in terms of traits scripting? I'd be more than happy to go through tutorials and mess around a bit beforehand, or are you looking for people who are already part of another mod team?

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty_29 View Post
    What level of expertise are you looking for in terms of traits scripting? I'd be more than happy to go through tutorials and mess around a bit beforehand, or are you looking for people who are already part of another mod team?
    Well, I didn't knew anything about traits, scripts and anything else, but now here I am working on traits and events for EBII. So as long as you're willing to learn and to improve, you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Well, I didn't knew anything about traits, scripts and anything else, but now here I am working on traits and events for EBII. So as long as you're willing to learn and to improve, you're welcome.
    Well thats pretty awesome . Well I'm going to start going through tutorials, and if you guys have some extra scripting work would love to help!

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

I'm currently reworking some italic and roman "camillan" units for personal use (they ook good, I'm just using some models from other units wich I think fit better and fixing some UV map problems), don't know if you could find them of some use.
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Quote Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
    I'm currently reworking some italic and roman "camillan" units for personal use (they ook good, I'm just using some models from other units wich I think fit better and fixing some UV map problems), don't know if you could find them of some use.
    Could you post them?

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

I was thinking to post them as a submod as soon as I finish them
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Quote Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
    I was thinking to post them as a submod as soon as I finish them
    What units have you been working on, by the way?

The Great Khan of Rome's Avatar Civis

As a big fan of the voice work in EB, I was wondering if I could do some voices for units that don't have them or that aren't unique (most Dacian, all of the Lugii, Thracian, and Eastern units don't have voices). I have a blue ice so I don't know if it will acceptable or not.
    Creator of UNREAL, balance mod series that promises changes to everything Total War, and it's offshoots, MEGA for other games. Basically, I'm reject Radious.

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    What units have you been working on, by the way?
    Sorry, didn't see your question. I'm reworking the roman camillan units. They re coming along nicely I think, but unfortunately I'm having some troubles with transparency in the normal map.

At the suggestion of Trarco and Quintus, I'd like to apply to join the team as a proofreader.

I'm a native speaker of English and German, I am currently working on a BA in Journalism at the University of Wisconsin, and I have three years of experience proofreading and editing for a public relations firm in the United States.

I also love EB, and have been playing some form or other of it since 2010.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I also have some experience modding the text files and xml files in M2TW, and I've made a couple of submods, including one for EBII's Eastern Hellenic "culture 3" using the files from Tucot's old "Eastern Hellenic Portrait Pack" for EBI (I updated them for EBII). Unfortunately I haven't been able to contact him for permission, so it remains unreleased.
    Last edited by Aleksander the Average; April 28, 2021 at 08:45 AM.
    . .