Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to edit Turns Per Year in startpos.esf by using ESF Editor

Default How to edit Turns Per Year in startpos.esf by using ESF Editor

Instead of editing savegame with many saves to edit.... you can edit it in the main
    Download first ESF Editor (Click Here)....After that open ESF Editor and click File>Open ESF
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main and select startpos.esf
    It depends of what directory you installed your Empire Total War....and always make a backup file copy paste the original to a new folder incase of error...
    Click CAMPAIGN_CALENDAR... Just change 2 to 4 which means 4 turns per year....you can edit it in which you like 4,5,6,7,8 etc...and save it always make a backup file to avoid error

===========================================================
    In this picture i played Great Britain and i save it and it was 4 Turns and still 1700...

========================================================================
    Last edited by Apolloa; June 01, 2011 at 10:41 PM.

Default Re: How to edit Turns Per Year in startpos.esf by using ESF Editor

Does the map change with the seasons, like summer-winter-summer-winter or does it go summer-summer summer-winter for 1 year if you have set it to 4 turns per year?

Actually i dont know.....besides i dont think winter attrition doesnt effect at empire total war i think...f

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by waldopbarnstormer View Post
    Does the map change with the seasons, like summer-winter-summer-winter or does it go summer-summer summer-winter for 1 year if you have set it to 4 turns per year?
    When you add 4 turns per year, you have summer-summer-winter-winter ..
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Or winter winter summer summer. That's the one I usually use since it feels more realistic to start with winter instead of summer.
    Perhaps it's possible to even have winter summer summer winter, but so far I haven't managed it.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

But still hope The Creative Assembly makes a a 2nd generation of Empire: Total War to make it better graphics and units and winter attrition....and so on as Medieval II Total War & Rome Total War

Excuse me, how to edit the year i.e. 1710 change to 1740 in a saved game with a ESF editor?
    or we can just edit it in start pos?

ThankS!

The same way you do it in startpos (save game is a startpos without campaign preopen records).

Alright, everytime I try this ESF Editor 1.4.8 tells me that it "Cannot read beyond the stream" and forces me to quit.

But it still says it "saved" the file.

Then, when I load E:TW and select GC, all the flags have changed to France's flag, all text is gone and replaced with "test" or "text" (minus the Country names and other headers).

I followed the exact steps on the tutorial, what am I doing wrong?

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDog View Post
    Alright, everytime I try this ESF Editor 1.4.8 tells me that it "Cannot read beyond the stream" and forces me to quit.

But it still says it "saved" the file.

Then, when I load E:TW and select GC, all the flags have changed to France's flag, all text is gone and replaced with "test" or "text" (minus the Country names and other headers).

I followed the exact steps on the tutorial, what am I doing wrong?
    had the same problem

edit : nvm using v1.46 , no crash
    Last edited by caksz; August 18, 2011 at 02:09 PM.

Icon9 Re: How to edit Turns Per Year in startpos.esf by using ESF Editor

Hi, I'm having problems doing this.

I keep getting this error: https://i.imgur.com/P8YUU93.png.

It saves perfectly fine the first time but then when I go to load the game the save file isn't there.
    And then when I go back to the editor i get the above mentioned error when trying to change it to anything else including back tot 4 turns per year.

for me, it works best to save the changes of esf to a new folder, rather then just save the changes,
    ....and then i copy the new esf in the new folder to Empire Total War\data\campaigns\main
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

I've just opened the:
    {Steam > steamapps > common > Empire Total War > data > campaigns > main > startpos.esf} file with ESF Editor 1.0.0.0;

Then I expanded the:
    {main\startpos.esf > CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS > CAMPAIGN_ENV > CAMPAIGN_MODEL > CAMPAIGN_CALENDAR};

There's three lines on the "value" column, with:
    1. (2)
    2. (0)
    3. (0)

The first one changes the number of turns per year, and that's fine, but it says in this TWC Community Tutorial here:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...D-startpos-esf)

... that those two lines change "the turns that have past (2nd and 3rd lines in saved_games)".

Then, if I wanted to do a 12 TPY mod exactly like this:

Turn #0001: 1700 Winter January
    Turn #0002: 1700 Winter February
    Turn #0003: 1700 Summer March
    Turn #0004: 1700 Summer April
    Turn #0005: 1700 Summer May
    Turn #0006: 1700 Summer June
    Turn #0007: 1700 Summer July
    Turn #0008: 1700 Summer August
    Turn #0009: 1700 Summer September
    Turn #0010: 1700 Summer October
    Turn #0011: 1700 Summer November
    Turn #0012: 1700 Winter December

Would that be possible? I mean, Total War games run on almost identical codes, and while Rome II had all the four seasons, it was coded in vanilla to be one season per year, and one whole year per turn, and they managed to get it done, with months and "correct" seasons and all. Then, if it's possible for Rome II, why wouldn't it be also for ETW?

What do you guys think? Thanks for any help or advice.

To me, with 12 turns per year, provokes CTD at finish the 12th turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolloa View Post
    Instead of editing savegame with many saves to edit.... you can edit it in the main
    Download first ESF Editor (Click Here)....After that open ESF Editor and click File>Open ESF
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main and select startpos.esf
    It depends of what directory you installed your Empire Total War....and always make a backup file copy paste the original to a new folder incase of error...
    Click CAMPAIGN_CALENDAR... Just change 2 to 4 which means 4 turns per year....you can edit it in which you like 4,5,6,7,8 etc...and save it always make a backup file to avoid error

===========================================================
    In this picture i played Great Britain and i save it and it was 4 Turns and still 1700...

========================================================================
    When I edit startpos.esf the game cannot play?!?!?!
    Please help me...
    Change turn per year and playble Persia faction

Hello. Without modifying the turns per year. Can you play with the Persian faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    Hello. Without modifying the turns per year. Can you play with the Persian faction?
    i used to play persia with 'all factions unlocked no FoW' with standard 2 turn per year

With this mod and changing it to 4 turns per year, it works well for me. Can you verify if it's the same mod that you have?

Download link: http://etw.heavengames.com/downloads...e.php?fileid=5

this is the mods i used to play with
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...le-Now!/page27

It works well also. It's simply this change in the "startpos.esf" file.

What version of the "ESF Editor" are you using?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast