Page 27 of 215 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536375277127 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - Original Thread (archived)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Map Adjustment Project (SSMAP) - More pictures up!

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Prince View Post
    Thanks, mate!
    The map is still in development, we're progressing slowly but surely. If you mean the turns-per-year settings, I'd like to change that to 2TPY with correct ageing, but I guess I'll need someone's help to do that.
    Actually my main concern was more about the total amount of turns, meaning "I don't want to loose 32 turns even if it is not a big deal compare to the total game duration"

But anyway, if you can add the 2 TPY feature in your submod, it's even better from my point of view

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Map Adjustment Project (SSMAP) - More pictures up!

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    i agree with you on the DOTS thing, so how about 1 fort for each settlement for every italian settlement from naples to milan (excluding nice and the islands(not venice))
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    That just seems alot of forts... the forts are rather large same as the cities. Taking over 10 square miles. When some of the provinces are less than 60 miles that means fort and city take up about 1/3 of the land. Do you enjoy siege battles that much? I can see forts to represent some strategic points where forts were built in history or some important town not able to be included rested but even if you put fort in every tile there will still be some towns missed in populated areas of the map.
    I agree with Ichon on this, it's pointless to give every region a PSF as it would make some locations way too overcrowded. Instead, it makes more sense to concentrate on the blank spots and fill them where it's justified, even if it means more than one fort per region in some cases.

I've copied the file SSMAP_Changename in the zip folder to my Medieval2/mods/SS6.3/data/text folder, then deleted the *.bin file as instruction but I find it only changes the name of some city. I thought this sub mod provide some new features as new forts, new cities and new castles in the map.

Quote Originally Posted by assassin14 View Post
    I've copied the file SSMAP_Changename in the zip folder to my Medieval2/mods/SS6.3/data/text folder, then deleted the *.bin file as instruction but I find it only changes the name of some city. I thought this sub mod provide some new features as new forts, new cities and new castles in the map.
    It's not done yet. It's in progress.

If you mean the turns-per-year settings, I'd like to change that to 2TPY with correct ageing, but I guess I'll need someone's help to do that.
    Unless code had been added to the original SS campaign regarding TPY, then normally changing to 2TPY with correct ageing is as easy as changing descr_strat timescale to this:

Code:
    start_date 1080 summer
    end_date 1500 winter
    timescale 0.50
    Normally nothing else needs to be added or changed for correct ageing, it will just go summer, winter, summer, winter etc. But as i said, it depends on the original SS campaign script!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    It's not done yet. It's in progress.
    I'm waiting for this but I prefer 1TPY.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyxx30 View Post
    Normally nothing else needs to be added or changed for correct ageing, it will just go summer, winter, summer, winter etc. But as i said, it depends on the original SS campaign script!
    Obviously I know this, I meant that for a proper 2TPY mod you also need to adjust build times, movement points, scripted events and so on...
    It involves a bit more work than changing a simple line in descr_strat.

The Source's Avatar Senator

could you give the intructions or the file as an attachemnt for the 1tpy when it is released?

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    could you give the intructions or the file as an attachemnt for the 1tpy when it is released?
    I don't really fancy the 1TPY setting to be honest, but anyway, let's discuss this matter later when we're done with the first release.

Ravenant's Avatar Miles

I would like that you consider the revision of all region's names. Wouldn't it better that a region's name would be Duchy of Normandy or Earldom of Wessex, instead of Normandy and Wessex. I did that in my little mod.

That is hard to do as boundaries changed and were often disputed while some duchies were also kingdoms or controlled other territories. Region names changed less than the political boundaries that are names duchies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenant View Post
    I would like that you consider the revision of all region's names. Wouldn't it better that a region's name would be Duchy of Normandy or Earldom of Wessex, instead of Normandy and Wessex. I did that in my little mod.
    If you're French and conquer Wessex, it wouldn't be an Earldom anymore. The end.

New pics anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    If you're French and conquer Wessex, it wouldn't be an Earldom anymore. The end.

New pics anytime soon?
    That's the point here - counties and duchies sound nice in Western Europe and in the Levant, but what about the rest of the map?
    If you want to be precise then you either use these names everywhere or nowhere, and since the former is all but impossible, I prefer not to use them at all.

I'm currently working on the East-Central Europe drawings, but it takes a 'bit' more time to complete them as it's a rather big part of the map.
    In the meantime, I also asked Calidor to start his design work on Part 1-4 while I'm busy, hopefully he delivers as usual.

Ravenant's Avatar Miles

Ok, I understand. I want to mention now the Kingdom of Alania , with its capital Maghas. I think it should be included as a region instead of Albania. I put it like this

Ok, I understand. I want to mention now the Kingdom of Alania , with its capital Maghas. I think it should be included as a region instead of Albania. I put it like this
    I proposed that as well but not extending so far east out of the mountains. If Georgia is ever a faction than it really should but until then it probably won't happen.

Thanks for the idea, but I don't think any of the Balkan regions should be sacrificed for a new one in the Steppes.
    Also, I already indicated before that Maghas is gonna be included on the map as a PSF.

Obviously I know this, I meant that for a proper 2TPY mod you also need to adjust build times, movement points, scripted events and so on...
    It involves a bit more work than changing a simple line in descr_strat.
    Maybe you could use this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=190081

Quote Originally Posted by dannyxx30 View Post
    Thanks for the link mate, seems to be quite useful, I'll certainly have a closer look at it!

I think it's better to have three turns per year(timescale of 0.35), two are to few

The Source's Avatar Senator

yes but this is stainless steel where gameplay is better than roleplaying