Page 215 of 215 FirstFirst ... 115165190205206207208209210211212213214215
Results 4,281 to 4,288 of 4288

Thread: SSHIP - Original Thread (archived)

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project - Beta 8 downloadable!!

Can you send me instructions how should I do it step by step, please? I am quite lame with PC and I donīt understand what you mean exactly. I would be grateful.

Default Re: SSHIP Original Thread

Thanks for the speedy response. The download file called Sound fix says " for non - english players". I assumed that meant for versions of M2TW in languages other than English. ?? Will this work okay w my English language version ?

PS has the team considered a Paypal account?

MatVego's Avatar Civis

Default Re: SSHIP Original Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rider View Post
    Hey, this is my first post in SSHIP thread, but I watched this thread for a long time, and I'm very intertested in this mod. I will download it in a few days i think.
    But first, I want to ask you guys one question: Is economy and money managing in early and late game is harder than in vanilla SS 6.4 ? I ask about it because for me, SS 6.4 is a perfect mod, besides that one thing. It is really too easy to acculumate big amounts of money, after a few turn I have around 50k and more gold and because of that, game became less challanging and I search for challange I'm really looking forward to find it in this mod.
    I'll answer you in that way:

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    Economy:
    Well, you won't have a bank in SSHIP. Units are more expensive, buildings are aswell. There's siege upkeep, more corruption in large cities, etc. On the bright side, AI stack spam is reduced aswell to somewhat realistic levels. The AI uses it's resources more sustainable and will focus on upgrading settlements when not at war. It almost never goes bankrupt.

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project - Beta 8 downloadable!!

Quote Originally Posted by pepa007
    I have installed ss 6.3 and patch 6.4 without problem, both are working well. Then I downloaded ss 8.0 and tried to install it but in 2nd step (Select Destination Location with this destination: "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3 \SSHIP"), after pressing Next, this occured:

"Error: Folder name is not valid"

Can anyone advise, please?

Can you send me instructions how should I do it step by step, please? I am quite lame with PC and I donīt understand what you mean exactly. I would be grateful.
    You can try just downloading it into C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3 and the download should create SSHIP folder on its own. Then just copy everything in SSHIP folder and paste into 6.3 and then download the hotfix patches and do the same.

Default Re: SSHIP Original Thread - To be closed soon!

Okay so I've just experienced an interesting quirk in population. Playing as Pisa, I captured Palermo held it for a while and then it rebelled (I didn't bother trying again), at the same time I got into a war with HRE and quickly swallowed up their south-west. Something about this chain of events lead to a massive 12.5% population boom in most of my cities! rapidly resulting in Genoa, Tunis, Florence and looks like soon Pisa becoming metropolises. Considering Florence and Pisa were minor cities when this started and Genoa had only been a large city for a decade that's kind of insane.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Folks, note that for a better use of the sub-forum, a new thread called "SSHIP - General Discussion" has been created to replace this one soon or later (up to Fair Prince willings ).

From now, you can start posting there.

More to follow soon...

Edit:
    - the "SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help" thread is open now. Please, use that thread from now for issues/bugs/technical help.

- a new "Download page" has been created. Please, use that one from now. New download link added as well for SSHIP v0.8.2 full install.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 17, 2014 at 01:37 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Time to close down this thread for good.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed to this project over the years, make sure you check out the SSHIP sub-forum for new updates every now and then!

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: SSHIP - Original Thread

Thread closed on request of Mod Leader

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)