Thread: Nearly Complete Norway AAR with BGR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nearly Complete Norway AAR with BGR

So I've had a couple different people suggest I should advertise this on the SS forums since not everyone visits AAR forums.

It is a late era 6.3 Norway campaign on VH-VH with BGR IV.

Initially hadn't planned to do an AAR and then definitely did not expect it to go so long.

The story starts in Scandinavia with war vs Denmark, then moves to the invasion of the isles and the elimination of Scotland and England. Before that war is over the invasion and conversion to Christianity of the Baltic begins. Novgorod and Lithuania fall. Kiev is vassalized. Hungary is made an ally while Poland is conquered.

Then the Mongols are faced and fought back. Most recently a war against the Pope who has led an expansion over Italy and into central Europe. The AAR is nearing completion now (probably) and will take a couple hours to read fully. There are a few spelling mistakes but all the picture links are still good and the story while rough in the beginning really takes shape better in the last half.

Anyway- here is the link! Enjoy, ignore, or get your hate on!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=404838

Nearly every major battle is chronicled in depth and there are a few losses and pyrrhic victories so its not all easy going.

screenshot of current map-

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Nearly Complete Norway AAR with BGR

I like your house rules. Nice campaign, good reading during loading times.

+rep

edit: I O U rep, used too much today

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    I like your house rules. Nice campaign, good reading during loading times.

+rep

edit: I O U rep, used too much today
    NP... actually the spies rule really only goes for the first 25 turns. Eventually I would rather just let them die and recruit a new spy than keeping track and reloading. Once I get into a campaign I really hate reloading. I'm finding it is even longer in Shogun 2. The actual AI turn time is not that bad but damn- loading battles and loading save games seems take very long.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Yea I am the same way. I dont like to reload my games for some reason. Not like it takes any actual work.

As someone who has been following Ichon's AAR from the beginning, I can tell you that it is nor only entertaining, but also very educational.