Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: TROM3 - Feedback and Suggestions

Default Re: TROM3 - Feedback and Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post

I look into it. Btw do those reload bonuses now work? In my tests a few patches back they didn't.
    I accually don't know, I assumed it did. Prehaps, if the bonus is broken, but not the bonus system, then prehaps you can just turn it into an accuracy boost.

Edit: I also find the Yari Ashigaru cap to be way too low. I often find that I'll take a new castle, and not be able to recruit anything at all. This becomes a big problem when you need at least give the castle a token defence before moving on. Might I suggest AOR Oda Ashigaru units that can be recruited at Owari?
    Last edited by Edax; July 25, 2011 at 10:27 PM.

I'm now finding the Nanban Tradeships to be underpowered, against a fleet of 6 medium bunes, I find my 2 ships often catching fire, somethings taking up to 7 mintues to put the fire out. Using both ships, it still takes more then a mintue to even sink a medium bune, and that's concentrated fire at close range. I think even cannonfire needs to cause more hull damage, or the Nanban Tradeships, which now take much longer to become available, should have a higher cap.

In my last navel battle alone, my Nanban Tradeships were set on fire 4 times each, and that was awfully boring downtime (these sihps were on fire 3/4ths of the entire battle. The way things are, I wonder why Europeans bothered with cannons, fire arrows are SO much more effective.

The only time these ships kick ass, and not just sit there and toast smores, is in the middle of a rainstorm, when gunpowder is "supposedly" at it's weakest.
    Last edited by Edax; July 27, 2011 at 01:40 AM.

The whole design of the nanban trade ship is a bit off. Maybe the scaling of the model is wrong. The soldiers stand behind man high walls i never saw on a ship of that era and are basically unkillable by arrow fire. So the only way to defeat that ship is to board it or set it aflame. When I played shimazu I had two ships and was usually able to defeat a whole pirate fleet by staying out of the range of their fire arrows. Making the cannons more powerfull would make this trade (!) ship a invincible juggernaut. Maybe one day somebody can alter the model so the crew can get hit by arrows.

a new DLC is there. will there be a trom version that uses these units?

some of the new units seems to be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysantheme View Post
    a new DLC is there. will there be a trom version that uses these units?

some of the new units seems to be worth it.
    I will look into it. And into any other changes the patch makes. Btw they stole the Takeda fire cavalry idea from TROM3.

The whole design of the nanban trade ship is a bit off. Maybe the scaling of the model is wrong. The soldiers stand behind man high walls i never saw on a ship of that era and are basically unkillable by arrow fire. So the only way to defeat that ship is to board it or set it aflame. When I played shimazu I had two ships and was usually able to defeat a whole pirate fleet by staying out of the range of their fire arrows. Making the cannons more powerfull would make this trade (!) ship a invincible juggernaut. Maybe one day somebody can alter the model so the crew can get hit by arrows.
    With only a 5 cannon broadside, these don't do all that much damage, and at range, most of their shots miss, so at best they act as a support vessel (in which you might sink 3 ships in a 20 min battle), or a close combat vessel so that the muskets do most of the work, but because these ships are just so FLAMMABLE and that fire take SO LONG to put out each time, their a liability in close combat. Is their anyway to make fires occur less often (or to be put out faster under repair), but cause more hull damage to make Nanban Ships more vulnerable and more likely to surrender, but less prone to just sit there for 5 minutes in the middle of a pitched battle? A fleet with a constant barrage of fire arrow could then accually cause one of these ships to surrender, rather then being stuck in "repair limbo". I'm not trying to make these ships more powerful, I'm trying to make these ships more fun to use.

Also: I haven't ever been able to recruit the small Teppo ships that the Arsonal should allow.

Also, will the new DLC units be made AOR? I can't wait to use the Heavy Gunner, the Mounted Guns, and the Hand Mortars!

Edit: Having seen how badass powerful the Heavy Gunners are, I'm thinking they should be recruitable in a Nanban Trade Quarter(but with lower cap than the Shimazu) the help balance the fact that when coverting the Christianity, apart from the tradeships, you don't gain any badass units) Whereas Buddist get all those awesome monk and monk garrison units. (also, gunpowder mastery should also be a prerequisite) Or hell, make this also the garrison unit for the Arsonal (being that you can only build one, it shouldn't be overdoing it)
    Last edited by Edax; July 28, 2011 at 01:53 PM.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Is the mod working as intended after the DLC patch?
    I was thinking since both AUM and Radious mods that include custom units are broken and our submods for DMS seem to be as well.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; July 28, 2011 at 04:17 PM.

Using version 0.75 of TROM, I'm in the middle (almost Realm Divide) of a H Takeda Campaign and everything works fine, including previous replays, and Nagae Yari, Pike & Shot (mod-specific units) in the battle and campaign map.

I made a copy of the whole old Shogun folder just in case, but at least for the moment I was lucky and won't be needing it

BTW great mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kami View Post
    Is the mod working as intended after the DLC patch?
    I was thinking since both AUM and Radious mods that include custom units are broken and our submods for DMS seem to be as well.
    Well if you HAVE the DLC, the game only sort of works. I've tested the heavy gunners, but they don't mass fire. The Date Bulletproof Samurai and Takada Fire Calvary (but has crappy stats) work too. The Hojo hand mortars cause a CTD before the battle even starts, so there are some issues. That's all I've tested so far.

Unfortunately CA changed one of the unit tables, so I can't deal with the issues yet until Taw puts out an updated converter. If you want to play TROM3 bugfree I advice not to buy the DLC until I updated the mod.

Ohhhhh noooooo.... Dam you CA with your fancy new units. I have already purchused them. Here is hoping it doesnt mess up my save games atleast for Hojo and Chosakabe

Unfortunately CA changed one of the unit tables, so I can't deal with the issues yet until Taw puts out an updated converter. If you want to play TROM3 bugfree I advice not to buy the DLC until I updated the mod.
    I wish they spent their time on a new clan DLC instead, would love to see the Otomo playable. Personally im not really interested in this latest DLC, at least until a major mod like TROM makes good use of it.

Are those new units even historical?

can you recruit ronin units with this mod? well into the game and havent seen any...(maybe the ikkos had some).

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

Speaking of Feedback I'd love to see the AI go aggressively for the trade posts.

I am also wondering why the Cav Scouts were given to the form art. It just take young retainers on a horse to build the scouts, I think we need a specific basic cav art (like for sword and bow we need that at the same level) to produce scouts and then form could produce the other cav types. It just doesn't feel right that you may recruit the Sogo Yari Cav when you can't even recruit your own scouts...

... anyway the anti-dlc mod works. The game is not crashing anymore, gj.

Looks like Teppo Samurai way to overpowered. They have about 90 points of reload skill under general's stand&fight ability. And not so fragile in melee. In my last battle they almost annihilated enemy alone.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/shimazu6.jpg/

Jeez did you have any other units besides teppo's it looks like they couldn't even get close to you
    京都への道は危険な旅です...

Quote Originally Posted by Xander86 View Post

Jeez did you have any other units besides teppo's it looks like they couldn't even get close to you
    Indeed. But only 3 units of Teppo Samurai, 2 units of Teppo Yamabushi, and 2 units of Mangonels participated in that battle, all the rest were reinforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by bydlo View Post
    Looks like Teppo Samurai way to overpowered. They have about 90 points of reload skill under general's stand&fight ability. And not so fragile in melee. In my last battle they almost annihilated enemy alone.
    There's a damn good reason the Gun Samurai were feared. They are the perfect combo of skill and armor, but at the same time, with a unit cap of 3, your not really suppose to use ALL 3 in a single army. Their also a pretty rare unit in the game, I think I've only fought them once in ALL of the 300 hours I've played Shogun 2. Think of them as a French Guard unit, crème de la crème.
    Last edited by Edax; August 01, 2011 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bydlo View Post
    I will look into them.

EDIT: As a first measure I will decrease the stand & fight bonuses. They are way to high for a ability that can affect several units at once and has a unlimited duration. I will also reduces the reload rates of fire by rank and the raipd volley ability. This should prevent the matchlock samurai from shooting way too quick.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; August 01, 2011 at 11:02 AM.

every clan has at least 3 "special units" exept date...

maybe they should get acces to this new gun-kav (i heard somewhere that it would be historicial accurate if the date had acces to them) - or they could get a special verson of the kensei instead of the regular kensei. something like a kensei unit which uses the no-dachi instead of the katana wich stats to represent that.