Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TROM3 - Feedback and Suggestions

Default Re: TROM3 - Feedback and Suggestions

Perhaps keep the bigger unit sizes and old stats for naginata, nodachi and monk units in the stand alone battle version of TROM3, currently using only the battle mod and they seem overpowered.

I don't have a crazy suggestion but I think it would add significant flair to the mod to have custom unit cards.

The dull blue/white background isn't very snazzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbles View Post
    I don't have a crazy suggestion but I think it would add significant flair to the mod to have custom unit cards.

The dull blue/white background isn't very snazzy.
    To be honest, I really like the game's original unit cards. I've avoided any mods that change that because it doesn't seem to fit with the visual style, in my opinion. The only ones that I find tolerable would be the ones that add a subtle background color to help differentiate unit types, but I don't even really like that.

The aim of the mod is to randomize the survival rate and which factions dominate the game as much as possible. That's easier said then done because single observations are not enough and I can't run 100 games to see how each faction performes. Therefore I need feedback from as many people as possible to get a valid picture. There seems to be some consense about the new Ikko Ikki being too dominant. Indeed they have a good starting position with 2 provinces both with specialities. I won't change this but I will reduce their aggressiveness a bit by one notch. I wil also test what happens when I set every faction to a ower aggressiveness level to slow down the reckless AI expansion. However, keep in mind that slowing the AI may get the player a strong advantage in the middle and late game. We have to see how this works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Primogenitus View Post
    Very valid point on the extra building slot and composition of AI armies. Indeed you now face some interesting armies which are a lot of fun to battle against. I didn't know that the extra building slot was the main reason behind this so you just changed my mind on that one But is it possible to incorporate completely new buildings? With the extra slots I would love to have some more buildings to choose from. It's very interesting that you'll make happiness control more important in the next version. So far it's just too easy to keep the populace happy once you've got rid of the initial "resistance to invaders". In relation to that a new building could be along the lines of this (just an idea):

Garrison Quarters (upgrade to the encampment):
    - Provides 2(?) Yari Ashigaru garrisons and 1(?) Yumi Ashigaru garrison
    - +1-2 repression in the province
    - Consumes 1 food (the extra permanent garrison would of course require extra food)

I also can't wait to see how the new AOR will be implemented.

But my point still stands on the extra trade routes. The issue is not with the amount of income from trade, which is really fine, but more with the number of trade lanes you're able to establish very early with only 2-3 ports. The aspect of the game where you choose your trade partners by sea with care, taking into account things like possible income and imported/exported ressources, is really almost gone. Now you encounter a new clan and request trade agreement immediately almost without considering what you get because you can very quickly get more trade routes than possible trade partners. There is no vying for your sea lanes anymore. Also the AI very rarely seem to get more than 3-4 trade agreements at any given time and I'm having more than double that. My suggestion would be to change the number of trade routes back and increase income just a tad to compensate.
    I won't add new building lines because then I have the too-many-buildings-with-not-enough-slots problem again. But I can add a extra garrison building with 2 garrison units and +1 repression to the encampment building line. Thanks for the idea.

Trade: Land trade isn't limited, only sea trade is. I see no logical reason for that. Chosokabe has a serious disadvantage because of that since they can only have land trade with factions on their island (all trade has to go to the capital). So I am inclined to keep the changes to sea trade for the core mod. But I can release a submod where I revert these changes for people who like it different. Look into the soon to come official submod thread for it.

If somebody has an idea about an AOR units please post. The unit should be somewhat historical and you have to specify the province where the unit should be available. Typical AOR units would be from minor samurai clans or temples that are not in the game.

Hello guys

I have tested 2 modifications:

First to limit the expansion of the ikko ikki clan I put to zero the "conversion_ikko_osmosis" of the temples and I put to zero the "agent_availability_quality_ikko_monk" with this modifications there no more diffusion of the ikko ikki faith and no more big expansion.

But the problem still on because the ikko ikki succes in a big military expansion: so I am testing to increase the cost of its troops...

Second point I use the Universal Ai mod in witch I have deleted all the files wich are in the TROM mod and it work very well: shimasu mori and all other big clan expand very well (as ikko ikki because its a great clan with the last patch)

I put here the download link for these modified version of UAI

enjoy

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

Hello ive read somewhere that there is TROM3 battle AI just for the battles the custom ones and the campaing ones can somone pls post me a link on where to dl that?

Is it possible to add a new agent? If so I have an idea
    Sweat Saves Blood
    -Erwin Rommel

I find the the new "household" naginata and nodachi samurai quite overpowered. I just routed 400 enemy spear ashigaru with a single unit of nodachi samurai and lost only 17 men. Samurais of course should be elite and powerful warriors, but still not godlike terminators.

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddonn View Post
    Hello ive read somewhere that there is TROM3 battle AI just for the battles the custom ones and the campaing ones can somone pls post me a link on where to dl that?
    It's part of the full mod download.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyTh3Man View Post
    Is it possible to add a new agent? If so I have an idea
    I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Surveyor K View Post
    I find the the new "household" naginata and nodachi samurai quite overpowered. I just routed 400 enemy spear ashigaru with a single unit of nodachi samurai and lost only 17 men. Samurais of course should be elite and powerful warriors, but still not godlike terminators.
    I will look into it. The gap between ashugaru and samurai may be a bit too big.

Yarkis de Bodemloze can i get just the Battle AI part , cuz i am using some other mods that can conflict with your full so any way i can get a link from just the Battle AI .
    Last edited by Armageddonn; June 04, 2011 at 04:31 AM.

Oh i duuno if this is just for the AI i dl the Battle Mod ONLY, and does that mod add some stats do the units or its just makes the ai smarter cuz i alredy have mods about stats morale of the units and it may conflict, so ill w8 for your answer before i use it.

Oh i duuno if this is just for the AI i dl the Battle Mod ONLY, and does that mod add some stats do the units or its just makes the ai smarter cuz i alredy have mods about stats morale of the units and it may conflict, so ill w8 for your answer before i use it.
    Better don't use it then because it changes unit stats also.

Oh so there isn't any battle ai mod you can give me a link like without stats?

I am having a problem recruiting the Ashigaru Pike unit, the recruitment tab tells me I still don't have Ashigaru sergeants tech when i actually do. Am I missing something? Any help greatly appreciated.

Oh so there isn't any battle ai mod you can give me a link like without stats?
    No. You can't do much with the battle AI anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    I am having a problem recruiting the Ashigaru Pike unit, the recruitment tab tells me I still don't have Ashigaru sergeants tech when i actually do. Am I missing something? Any help greatly appreciated.
    You need both the ashigaru tech and a spear tech (forgot it's name). Probably a bit too confusing because the tooltip shows only one tech, so I am changing that.

Since both the Mori and Ikko Ikki have received a special monk bonus, would it be possible to change the recruitment of monks for Uesugi? Atm their little niche has been carved away, so what if they could recruit monks from an earlier point and without a secondary building? Since the samurai building lines are about the same level and turn req as monasteries, I don't see how lowering warrior monk requirements would hurt army compositions.
    Last edited by Ma'ahes; June 05, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
    "...most cases of death were mild to moderate..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ahes View Post
    Since both the Mori and Ikko Ikki have received a special monk bonus, would it be possible to change the recruitment of monks for Uesugi? Atm their little niche has been carved away, so what if they could recruit monks from an earlier point and without a secondary building? Since the samurai building lines are about the same level and turn req as monasteries, I don't see how lowering warrior monk requirements would hurt army compositions.
    The Uesugi monks are still superior and the yamabuchi are available earlier. I would like to keep the recuitment as it is now.

I have a suggestion.

Would it be possible to have the fire at rank mode for the matchlocks exceed more than just 3 rows of men?

Quote Originally Posted by hevyd00d View Post
    I have a suggestion.

Would it be possible to have the fire at rank mode for the matchlocks exceed more than just 3 rows of men?
    That's hardcoded. No way to change that.

To: Yarkis

Thank you for making TROM such a great game, such a enjoyment everyday, since Napolean...

Regarding TROM, is it possible to add in some historical strings?

That's the only thing I found disappointed even with the Shogun 2 OEM version.

I believe a lot of things happened this 100 years(recorded events..),

other than just war between states, pay tribute, and harvest.

Any thoughts?