Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TROM3 - Bug Reports & Technical Issues

Default Re: TROM3 - Bug Reports & Technical Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Primogenitus View Post
    You're playing Oda, right? I have the exact same problem but only when playing Oda in single player. Weird thing is that I've started two Oda/Tokugawa co-op campaigns and in both AOR worked without problems. I've tried starting single player campaigns with other clans and the script seems to work just fine in those too. It is as if the script doesn't activate properly when playing single player Oda I can see the AOR units when viewing the roads tool-tip but they don't appear in the recruitment tab...

How is single player Oda on your end, Yarkis?
    Thanks, that was the crucial info I needed. I found the error in the script. Will be fixed for the full release. I missed Oda when I defined the player factions. That's why the units never got enabled.

Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Xander86 View Post
    Are you able to play them in vanilla? try removing the trom 3 mod and running the game. It might turn out to be non mod related.. Just a thought.

thanks for suggestion! started there, long story short found out it was the Monthly Turn Mod making Ikko unselectable in campaign menu
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

thats great to hear.

btw, the alternative clan colors are awesome.

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

I've been having the same problem with Oda. Thought I was crazy. Is there a way to change it real quick? Everything else plays really well, awesome job.

Long time reader of these forums, and huge fan of TROM.

Been having an issue ever since Beta 3 was released though, whenever I start up Shogun 2, the screen lingers on the splash screen for about a minute and then just kicks me back to deskstop with no error message or anything. If I delete the TROM files and revert back to vanilla it works just fine. I have new unit DLC and not the Ikko Ikki DLC if that means anything. Beta 2 worked perfectly for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbibbs05 View Post
    Long time reader of these forums, and huge fan of TROM.

Been having an issue ever since Beta 3 was released though, whenever I start up Shogun 2, the screen lingers on the splash screen for about a minute and then just kicks me back to deskstop with no error message or anything. If I delete the TROM files and revert back to vanilla it works just fine. I have new unit DLC and not the Ikko Ikki DLC if that means anything. Beta 2 worked perfectly for me.
    No idea what could cause that yet.

what language do you use for shogun?

for example, if you are using the german language setting the unit names disapear - maybe there could be other issues if you are not using the english language setting.

or something is messed up in the data folder...if i got a ctd, it was always something with the data folder or with the script folder.

I don't know if it would be the same but i have noticed that in ETW and NTW on my old computer it would do the same thing. I don't know if it is the case but in those instances it was because there was a background script that ran to check whether it thought your computer could run the game. It is weird that it only happens with trom3 but maybe it is a little more data intensive
    京都への道は危険な旅です...

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

A couple of things playing as the Takeda: it seems that the sword school also only allows the recruitment of bow cavalry rather than sword cavalry, unless I am missing something. Also the name text from certain buildings like the market does not appear.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArk View Post
    A couple of things playing as the Takeda: it seems that the sword school also only allows the recruitment of bow cavalry rather than sword cavalry, unless I am missing something. Also the name text from certain buildings like the market does not appear.
    The katana cavalry needs a no dachi dojo and a tech upgrade before it becomes available. It's an early elite cavalry unit now. If texts don't appear then there is a conflict with another mod that changes text files.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; August 10, 2011 at 12:36 AM.

Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArk View Post
    Also the name text from certain buildings like the market does not appear.
    Have this as well, I don't think any of my other mods alter text though. Was running same additional mods with Beta 2 and did not have missing text. . . .aside from TROM files all I run is. .

additional mods. . .

uaisg2.2
    unit variety + hot fix
    no battle borders
    blood

then the TROM submods. ..

clan colors
    movement reduc 30/15
    mangonels

Will start process of elimination to see if I can pinpoint one of these specifically causing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by uos_spo6 View Post
    Have this as well, I don't think any of my other mods alter text though. Was running same additional mods with Beta 2 and did not have missing text. . . .aside from TROM files all I run is. .

additional mods. . .

uaisg2.2
    unit variety + hot fix
    no battle borders
    blood

then the TROM submods. ..

clan colors
    movement reduc 30/15
    mangonels

Will start process of elimination to see if I can pinpoint one of these specifically causing it though.
    I looked again into the files and it's indeed an oversight by me. Will fix it.

Is anyone else having problems with Custom Battles? The game just freezes up on me. If this is a known issue my apologies

Ducenarius

Hrm, I have not been getting access to Garrison Quarters. In recent Beta 3 Hojo and Shimazu campaigns. In Beta 2 had access to them. Have just DLed regular 1.0 Release and loaded up Shimazu from Beta 3, still no access. Will start new campaign shortly to see if still have problem with new campaign under regular 1.0.

Used to run few other mods with TROM. UAIsg2.2 and Unit Variety, nixed those for full TROM effect and now only run TROM files, w TROM Clan Colors, blood.

NOTE - I've had Ashigaru Sargeants researched in these cases as well.

You need to build a normal encampment first. I looked into the files and haven't found anything odd.

EDIT: Found the error.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; August 14, 2011 at 01:25 PM.

Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post

EDIT: Found the error.
    had normal encamp as well (along with requisite ashi sargeant tech)

so it was a bug causing my lack of them then? is 1.0 updated/or a hotfix coming soon? I do love my Garrison Quarters

Here you go.

Ducenarius

breaking the sabbath, that's what I like to see!

muchos gracias! new campaign here I come

Using TROM v1.0
    Started a new game with the Ikko Ikki and found a bug that does not allow my Ikko Ikki ashigaru archers to fire. They would only melee and I did not have an option to disable melee and go to ranged for them.

my mods are
    Clan Retexture Project
    Elvasat's Portrait & Event Minimod
    Unit cards 3 by JFC

Thanks
    Snoop

I fired up a custom batlle and had no problem with their archers.