Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: TROM3 - Bug Reports & Technical Issues

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: TROM3 - Bug Reports & Technical Issues

Got a new bug for ya, the Military Mission event never appears for me in FOTS. Not getting the event bars me from building foreign trade ports and thus foreign units. I've tried redownloading and "installing" a fresh copy of the TROM 1.9 BETA4 but I still don't ever get that mission.
    Is there any way to fix it ?

Hakkapeliitta's Avatar Senator
    Dark side of the Moooooon (where the cows are)

Quote Originally Posted by erdoszb View Post
    Sanatyr wrote, for me it works:

"Open the Sinfonia_Semplice.pack with Pack File Manager 2.4.1.

(http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=494248)

Go to File > Change Pack Type > Movie. Then save."
    I actually tried that with no results. Maybe I did something wrong, I'll try again

Edit: And it worked!
    Last edited by Hakkapeliitta; February 14, 2013 at 06:21 PM.

Great!

It is great mode, good to play it again....and just between you and me; I hope Sanatyr will do maybe some improving too...

Hakkapeliitta's Avatar Senator
    Dark side of the Moooooon (where the cows are)

Apparently there are still some bow units that have messed up sounds: all the household bow units have gunshot sounds. But I guess it's a fairly minor annoyance.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Hakkapeliitta View Post
    Apparently there are still some bow units that have messed up sounds: all the household bow units have gunshot sounds. But I guess it's a fairly minor annoyance.
    the same here

I am having trouble getting the mod to work. I install as instructed but i get an error when launching the game:

Error: Unrecognized skeleton type 'armstrong_gun' animations\animation_tables\animation_tables.txt(409)

Im using build 4768

Quote Originally Posted by Worsin View Post
    I am having trouble getting the mod to work. I install as instructed but i get an error when launching the game:

Error: Unrecognized skeleton type 'armstrong_gun' animations\animation_tables\animation_tables.txt(409)

Im using build 4768
    I have the same problem.

Game crashes whenever I zoom into a battle.

Game crashes on turn 3, no other mod is running!

Can't find the mod in the mod manager! I copied the file in the data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakkapeliitta View Post
    Aagghhh! This is true -- and sadly for me it's not a minor annoyance when my archers make loud booming musket sounds. I was so looking forward to playing Shogun 2 again with TROM --has Yarkis truly abandoned it? It would suck for such an excellent mod to be ruined by something so simple.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    Aagghhh! This is true -- and sadly for me it's not a minor annoyance when my archers make loud booming musket sounds.
    That's the sound bug introduced by CA. Use sinfonia semplice to get rid of it.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Thanks Destin, I just read up on it in another thread -- I guess I've been away from Shogun II too long, I missed CA screwing up the mods... don't you love it when they do that?

EDIT: Damn, Sinfonia didn't work, the RotS Bow Attendants still have musket sounds, the only bow unit as far as I can tell. I'll keep looking for a fix.

EDIT 2: Looks like Sinfonia did fix it but it was a mod order conflict; I followed the instructions below from Lithuex (option #3) and that seems to have done the trick, TROM is alive and kicking once more!

Quote Originally Posted by Lithuex View Post
    To anyone with sound issues, you should be aware that the default Sinfonia_Semplice is a 'mod' type pack and TROM is a 'movie' pack. Movie packs are basically mod packs that load automatically if they're in the data directory, and always load after mod packs. Since TROM has its own (outdated) soundfix, Sinfonia must load after TROM. You can do one of three things:

1. Use Pack File Manager tool to turn Sinfonia into a movie pack. Although this method does work, its worth noting that you cannot truly establish a load order between different movie.packs, no matter how you name them (alphabetically).
    2. Turn TROM into a mod pack and use Shogun Mod manager to load it before Sinfonia's mod pack.
    3. The safest method: Turn TROM into a mod pack, and Sinfonia Semplice into a movie pack. This guarantees TROM loads before Sinfonia Semplice.

Pack File Manager
    File -> Change Pack Type -> movie, mod, etc, then Save
    Last edited by cherryfunk; September 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Hi guys, I've got an issue with smoke - or the complete lack of to be precise-in naval battles.

I'm playing Fall of the Samurai standalone, graphics settings maxed out, I'm using the following mods and submods (all from TROM3):

TROM3_Campaign_and_Battle_Mod.pack
    TROM3_x_Blood and Smoke_v1.2.pack
    TROM3_x_Takeda_Fire_Cavalry_Submod.pack
    zw_no_projectile_trails_1.1.pack
    Brig's Shogun2 TROM3 music.pack

I dropped all these files into the data folder of the install dir.
    Everything is working fine, all the features from TROM3 are in the game, wxcept for smoke/effects in naval battles, they look so stupid...I can't even tell if my guys are shooting or not
    I own the Blood DLC from CA.

Any suggestions please?

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Hey guys! I have some questions about the soundbug.I am using the latest version of TROM3 and tried Sinfonia_Semplice and it fixed parts of my game.
    I tried a lot of different approaches which were suggested in the forums here but none worked perfectly fine.

First I simply tried to install the SS mod ==> general and fire arrows didn't work
    Second try: I included the hole vanilla unit_table (units) into the one of the mod ==> some random units still had wrong sounds but different ones
    3rd try : I deleted the soundfix from trom db and used the extended van. unit table from above ===> All units accept the advanced bow ashigaru had correct sounds. (However by doing this all the camaign and custom cost etc. are changed aswell so no balance anymore.. :/)
    4th try: I only deleted the soundfix from TROM and used SS ==> half of the units had wrong sounds.

So I am asking you now if there is a solution to get all units to work without changing all the van.unit tables to the modded values (A LOT of work).?

Thanks in advance!!!

Edit: I always converted the SS.pack into a movie file and TROM into a MOD file.
    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

During multiplayer campaign, the game keeps getting held up on mori on turn 5 and we can't proceed. Also battles when loaded in stay at a black screen

Anarius's Avatar Senator

I don't know if this has to do with vanilla or the mod, but the island just Northeast of Choshu, where the city of Tsushima is located, apparently can't be invaded. I can't land troops there at all. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Still having issues with screwed-up sounds (bows sounding like guns.)

I have Sinfonia installed and changed to Movie format. I also have TROM 1.9 changed to Mod format. Sinfonia apparently fixed a number of broken sounds, but not all of them- Bow Ronin are still booming away when they loose their arrows. It's not a game-killing bug, but it's really, really annoying. Is there ever going to be a total fix for this issue? Or is there some way to fix it myself that doesn't involve changing numerous tables with the Pack Manager?

Also, I get occasional CTDs when zooming into melees. I used to believe it was due to a modified version of Radius' effects mod that got rid of that super-cheesy blood spatter on the screen stuff. So, I deleted that mod and started using the TROM blood-and-smoke mod instead. I also have the no-projectiles-trails mod and the DLC inclusion mod (Saints, Otomo ect.), but that's it for mods. Yet, I again suffered a crash when zooming into a melee while watching a replay. So, I'm think it's something with TROM itself or the blood-and-smoke mod which is really dated. Anyone else having crashes?

EDIT: I now suspect that the included Blood-and-Smoke mod was causing the random battle crashes when zooming into melees. I deleted it and so far have not had any more CTDs. TROM 1.91 doesn't seem to like any blood effects mod. The TROM download contains a version of Mech Donald's Blood-and-Smoke mod that was compatible for older versions of TROM, but with TROM 1.91 it appears to be badly in need of updating for it to work without crashing. So, I'm stuck with the terrible vanilla blood effects while playing TROM. It sucks because whenever I see that stupid blood spatter splashes on the screen then I wonder what fool working at CA thought that was a good idea?!?!
    Last edited by MKeogh; January 17, 2016 at 08:22 AM.

Rosbjerg's Avatar Tiro

It's not just a sound bug I think, I have several household and monk archers with the cannon sound - but I've seen enemy units flying after being hit by arrows, as if they were struck by cannonballs.

i recently reinstalled Shoguns 2 and wanted to give this mod a try. i can Play FotS without issue. but i cant play the normal Shogun campaign with this mod enabled. i own all DLC

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112